Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

screen name? *DELETED*

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
kelctic_findings
turbo bastard

screen name? *DELETED*

Post by kelctic_findings »

Post deleted by kelctic_findings
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Re: screen name?

Post by Deep_Blue »

Hmm...It's hard to pick a screen name for someone you know nothing about. I mean, where you're from or what you're like or anything else.

For instance, I originally chose Deep_Blue on chats because my eyes are that color and it was the only thing I could come up with.

That and the LETTERS D and B stand for a lotta things that pertain to me.

For examples:

(D)ain (B)ramaged (switch the beginnings around :wink: )

(D)amn (B)iker

(D)umb (B)astard

etc.

The letters "dB" are an abbreviation used in electronics terminology to denote units (decibels) of audio amplitude or RF signal strength. (I was a signal corps tech in the Army)

One of my childhood idols was named D.B. (Cooper)

See? Most people's screen names usually mean something to them or describe them somewhat.

I dunno enuf about ya to vote either way.
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
kelctic_findings
turbo bastard

you see i am not very good at that kind of stuff, my eyes are green so i could be deep green :lol: just kiding.. back to what i was talkin bout. i play guitar, carmageddon!, i almost model cars for c2, i can skin a little for tdr, and i also love halo 2 and 1, but i connaot find any corelation in between these hobbies to find a name? if i change my screen name i definently want it to be good. ok i am gonna try to think of new ones, and sense you guys know me a little more could you give me some ideas maybe? no one vote on the first poll! i dont think amy of the names are good either. i want a neam like DB said, one that says something about me. this is very hard so its gonna take a little bit of time. i am actully gonna have to think!
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Well, you drive Carmageddon cars, don't you?

Seein' as yer still learnin' how to build C2 cars- I wouldn't get into anything you built right now and drive it-but you HAVE to to test it out after ya make it.

That would make you a Suicide Jockey. ('70s American trucker CB radio slang for a driver hauling explosives/flammables-a crazy, daredevil driver-or someone who, despite all the odds against him-drives a falling apart POS truck/car down the road and somehow miraculously survives the trip.)

Then there's that old Ray Stevens song about the crazy "George of the Jungle" guy that swung around crashing into trees and stuff that played a guitar and wanted to be a rock 'n roll star- GITARZAN (pronounced "GITarZAN")

kelctic_findings
turbo bastard

hey that sounds like a good one, i was also thinkin of a funny one, sofa-king-great together sofakinggreat, say it to yourslef slowly and think bout it. but i think the suicide jockey sounds really good, i didnt want to take someone elses idea but this one really describes me i think, i will be really happy with it, is this ok with you?
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Ya don't hafta ask me-I don't see it anywheres in the member list. I suggested another one (edited into my previous post)
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Re: screen name? *DELETED*

Post by Deep_Blue »

'Gitarzan'

He's free as the breeze, He's always at ease He lives in the jungle and hangs by his knees As he swings through the trees without a trapeze In his B.V.D.'s

He's got a union card and he's practicing hard To play the guitar Gonna be a big star, yeah, he's gonna go far And carry moon beams home in a jar

He ordered Chet's Guitar course C.O.D. Makes "A" and "E" and he's working on "B" Digs "C" and "W" and "R" and "B" And me and the chimpanzee agree that one day soon he will be a celebrity

Chorus

Git it, git it, git it, git it...OW! Gitarzan, he's a guitar man He's all you can stand Give him a hand, Gitarzan Ahhh (Jungle Yell), Ahhh, Ahhh

He's got a girl named Jane with no last name Kinda homely and plain but he loves her just the same Cuz she kindles a flame and it drives him insane When he hears her sing, she really does her thing It's her claim to fame, come on, sing one Jane

Baby, baby Ow, baby, baby (scat) Baby, baby

Well, they got a pet monkey He likes to get drunky And sing boogie woogie and it sounds real funky Come on, your time boy, sing one monkey

Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh Let's hear it for the monkey On saturday night they need some excitement Jane gets right and the monkey gets tight And their voices unite in the pale moonlight And it sounds all right, yeah, it's dynamite, it's out of sight Let's hear it right.....now

Baby, ahhh, baby, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh Baby, ahhh, baby, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh Chorus

Git it, git it, git it, git it...ow! Gitarzan and his jungle band They're all you can stand Give 'em a hand Gitarzan

Written by: Ray Stevens Bill Everette

suicide_jockey
turbo bastard

Post by suicide_jockey »

he he, i am really diggin the song but i decided to go with this one, i feel that it describes me in a good way (crazy). thanx a lot DB i will be happy with this screen name!
Errol
Toxic Ranger

Post by Errol »

Could you two stop the gay love fest now please? I'm sickened.
:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Aaaawwwww hush, you. An' quit hoggin' the vaseline... :lol:
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

hrmm... never botherd to think about my nick here... i actualy took it from a strategy game named earth 2150... as the Kruszchev tank (tank chassie actualy... you can build your own wehicles by selecting varius chassies and so on) was my favorit wehicle of my armys... almost used it exlusivly... That was before i got any what soever knowlege in soviet history... wich i think it very intresting... Anyway some might think that i choose the name cuz of the soviet leader Chrustojov (wich is pronunced the same way :crazy:)

Now if id join my nick would mutch likly have something to do whit pirates... I seem to be quite found of pirate tacktics (in spacegames) and i like their way of life... lawless :shock:... kinda reflects on my wehicles aswell... theoreticly junkheaps wich whitstands alot but not mutch more :crazy:

Or demons... i like them... evil... and lawless

Anyway... the point is that you can choose whatever nick you like... once you chosen it... well it kinda sticks and you dont realy seem to get rid of it (atleas what i think)... But think twise so peps dont missunderstand the meaning of the nick tho... like if your nick would be... love horse Ass... you might mean... ermm... cant think of anything what it could mean exept what it says... Well ye get the point... AND NO, I DONT USE THE "love horse Ass" name as something i mean on myself... Cuz i realy dont like horse asses :crazy:, and its just a mear example
"One chicken in a thousand is hatched near a road. One in every ten thousand of those ever tries to cross it. Half of them are run over by cars."
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Says Kruszchev:

" THINK... like if your nick would be... love horse Ass... you might mean... ermm... cant think of anything what it could mean exept what it says... Well ye get the point... AND NO, I DONT USE THE "love horse Ass" name as something i mean on myself... Cuz i realy dont like horse asses , and its just a mear example"

Heh. Jeez....speakin' o' talkin' yerself into a corner.... :grin:

Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

"The world is nuts... The human race is living proof"

"Some say im nuts... But who aint"

2 good statemens said by ME :grin:
"One chicken in a thousand is hatched near a road. One in every ten thousand of those ever tries to cross it. Half of them are run over by cars."
Errol
Toxic Ranger

Post by Errol »

I had a few nicks before I chose Errol. They were mainly crappy and lasted about a week each. If anyone has read the discworld series by Terry Pratchett they'd know where I got my nick from. And it's not because I have a big nose (I don't), it's because I always get the woman at the end :wink:

When I changed my name by deedpoll I actually set Errol as my middle name too! And some chaps I met online before meeting in real life (most of the #carma peeps) call me Errol rather than my real name.
:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

I never knew you chose Errol as your middle name.

Your name is TOTALLY funkier now! :lol:

Does Dee still want you to change it, though?
random_monkey
TheJabMan
.:protagonist:.

Post by TheJabMan »

Mines always been TheJabMan, msn, messageboards, forums you name it... except in quakeTF/TFC it was Guy Incognito... played as spy. (no shit eh?)

Oh yeah and I was just looking through my old ass homestead account and found this:

lol
Qwerty_86
kill boss

Post by Qwerty_86 »

ROTFL! Trabant! Hitek! :lol:

Check who’s online