Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Iron Maiden

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Rockerjunkie817
driver

Iron Maiden

Post by Rockerjunkie817 »

Whats your favorite Iron maiden song, i know its hard because they got alot of good ones... My favorite right now is eather The Number of the Beast or Blood Brothers. let me know whats your favorite.
.:It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man:.
El Barto
turbo bastard

Re: Iron Maiden

Post by El Barto »

cd>>>>> dance of death ( the one cd that I have :grin: ) ( but the next 3 weeks i buy other

, pirate copy of course > in my country the 75% of the CD games and music are pirates copys , the price is 2 or 3 dolars )

I like:

the frist track ( i don`t remember the name )

Gates of tomorow.

dance of death.

pachindale.

and the track number 4 ( i don`t remember the name too )
Dreadnaht1
pedestrian

Post by Dreadnaht1 »

Wow, my favorite Iron Maiden song. That is a bitch. It should be noted I'm obsessed and absolutely in love with Maiden. I have every single album (both live and studio as well as unreleased box set only) and DVD that band has ever put out as well as seen them live twice hehe...

But anyway, my favorite Maiden album would prolly have to be Killers. And the song I like best (currently) by Maiden is prolly Powerslave. I'm a sucker for that solo.
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

I can't decide.

Simple.

Iron Maiden pwns.

Run To The Hills kicks ass though, and Two Minutes To Midnight :lol:
Rockerjunkie817
driver

kitteh, every time i see that fat kid running it scares the hell out of me.... lol :lol:
MIKE_P
hit n run

Post by MIKE_P »

Hard to choose,they're all so kickass, but I guess its either Aces High, The Trooper or Rainmaker. Man on the Edge and Flight of Icarus are also ones I like a lot.
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

For me, it would have to be "Can I Play With Madness?"

Although, "Stranger in a Strang Land" runs a very close second... :wink:
Peace & love, my Brotha... SPLAT!!!
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

Dreadnaht, your the same as me with metallica :grin: anyways, concerning IM, i like to tame a land :oops: remember tomorrow and prowler :smile:
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

I think mine would have to be the 4 included in Carma 2... while that sounds like a really bad answer, it's only due to the nostalgic value I get from it... Sure I still play c2 a little, but just listening to the music makes me think back to when I first tried C2 and was blown away at how fucking /awesome/ it was. Also, playing it without wondering how many polies something has, or wondering what size textures something has

Playing it to destroy and win.

Not playing it to test things :smile:
random_monkey
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Best Maiden songs? Urm, can't really say, I like most maiden. If I start on a list, I'll probably reem off enough songs to make a good couple of compilation cds. Maiden are amazing, to put it simply, and they absolutely rock live *saw them at Donnington (Download Fest '03)*

And I have to aggree with RM, the four on C2's soundtrack give me huge bouts of nostalgia. Not only was I gob smacked about the game, but that was the first Maiden tracks I actually listened to properly, as well as what pushed me into the world of metal. I can honestly say, my music roots go back to Carmageddon 2 :lol:
a.k.a. Brent
Wolfheart
turbo bastard

Post by Wolfheart »

Hmmm.... I'd make a tie between wasted years, children of the damned, holy smoke and so many others...
Rockerjunkie817
driver

Who do you guys think did a better version of Hellraiser, Motorhead or Ozzy?

Tony
Ninja

Post by Tony »

Motörhead!

Oh my.. The Wicked One is coming! His numbers.. He'll take my soul!
-[ Growl Karaoke ]-[ Image ]-[ Abacorn ]-[ Portfolio ]-
Recent exploit: Trapped The Forces of Evil in a box.. and shaked it!
suicide_jockey
turbo bastard

Post by suicide_jockey »

ive never really listend to them are they worth listening to?
Rockerjunkie817
driver

This is a question that i have really been debating for a couple of weeks now, Is Maiden better that MetallicA? I spent 16 years of my life loving MetallicA and now that im listining to Iron Maiden more i really am starting to like them better than MetllicA. Is something wrong with me or is Iron Maiden just plain out better than MetllicA. Old MetallicA that is, not the selling out bastards they are today.
Rockerjunkie817
driver

Motorhead or Maiden jockey? Well eather way there both worth listing to, lemmys the shit!
Tony
Ninja

Post by Tony »

Hell yeah! Motörhead are a living classic, just as AC/DC for example. Must check "Born To Raise Hell" at least.

As for Iron Maiden vs Metallica.

When I grew up it was Iron Maiden that was the thing, but as the way I am, I gave them the finger and listened to soemthing else. Never liked Iron Maiden (damn lipsyncers! :P haha). Nor Metallica. Though, the last mentioned band got better. I found some songs I liked. To this very day, nothing can beat their "Master of Puppets" cd. My favorite. That one, and Legia's album "Legia" :grin:

Both so damn similar. So if you like Metallica's Puppets, go and check Legia!
-[ Growl Karaoke ]-[ Image ]-[ Abacorn ]-[ Portfolio ]-
Recent exploit: Trapped The Forces of Evil in a box.. and shaked it!
suicide_jockey
turbo bastard

Post by suicide_jockey »

i like master of puppets, i will have to check out legia.
TheJabMan
.:protagonist:.

Post by TheJabMan »

Iron Maiden... used to be huge fan, ni so much anymore, though they still rock.

Flight Of The Icarus

Evil That Men Do

The Trooper

All good songs... but can't keep true to one, far too much ass-kickin out there:

Ozzy ( perry mason, i don't know)

Judas Priest ( breakin the law, electric eye )

Motley Crue ( knock em dead, dr.feelgood )

Old Metallica ( creeping death, hit the lights )

Megadeth ( sweating bullets, symphony of destruction )

WASP ( animal, i wanna be somebody)

I could go on, alot of 80's metal but anyhow. Metal rocks. meh.

Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Iron Maiden are better than Metallica because they can still play every bit as well as they could twenty years ago. You hear them live today and they're top qualitty, just as good as ever. Metallica have gone shit, they can't play half as well as they used to, a few songs NEVER get played live because the drumming's too hard for Lars.

As far as Old Metallica vs Maiden goes, it's a tough choice between whether you want hard thrash or melodic metal. Overall Maiden grabs it, but I what wouldn't give to see Metallica back in '86.

Both bands are legends and inpsiried millions, Maiden have managed to keep the legacy going, though.

Should you like Maiden and Metallica, here's some other 80's thrash bands you guys should check out:

Testament

Exodus

Overkill

Vio-lence

Annihilator

Megadeth (as Jabman said)

Slayer
a.k.a. Brent
Wolfheart
turbo bastard

Post by Wolfheart »

I've always liked Metallica better... tho' I admit that nowadays they are not even the shadow of what they used to be... I saw 'em back in 1992 on the black album tour and they were GODS, there is no possible way to describe that show... When I got to see them back was when they were promoting "load" and believe me... It was the worst concert I've been at.

I gave them another chance when last year they played here on their St. Anger show... and much to my surprise, they seemed somehow renewed, at momets you could catch glimpses of their old glory since they mostly played classical songs... the only one I missed was "one"... I suppose the drumming is indeed too keavy for lars' current physical shape.

On the other hand I don't think Maiden has kept their old glory... IMO the last really good album they produced was virtual XI... but again, It's just an opinion.

And about the thrash metal bands... what about anthrax, flotsam & jetsam, nuclear assault, onslaught, suicidal tendencies, M.O.D. , D.R.I. ,...?
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Even back at the black album they'd lost it. Metallica couldn't cope without Burton. After he died, they held it together for one album, but the fact that they wouldn't "accept" Newstead as a member of the band didn't help. While Newstead was playing bass for them they never treated him like a real member because that would've been replacing Cliff Burton. Listen to Master of Puppets or Ride the Lightning then listen to St. Anger, they are nothing at all like what they were.

As for maiden, I don't really like their recent stuff as much as their older shit, but Brave New World and Dance of Death are real maiden albums, unlike Virtual XI and the other non-Dickenson albums. Maiden is still maiden and you can tell it's maiden, the problem is with bands like this is that you'll never get another classic exactly like one from 20 years ago. Maiden still have their glory because they can still play every bit as well as they could when they were younger and give a stage performance that blows away any younger band around today.

And yes, there are more thrash bands, but I just listed the couple that sprung to mind quickly :P
a.k.a. Brent
TheJabMan
.:protagonist:.

Post by TheJabMan »

Speaking of former glories... Motley Crue, yes they're old n kinda fat now, but hey still can't wait to see them. Ive heard ppl say the Dr.Feelgood tour was the best show they'd ever seen, granted this is quite a bit later, but still...getting to say I saw a Motley Crue show is a checkmark on my to-do list of life, I love that band.

Well, not really after Dr.Feelgood, but meh still roXor.
Evil Blarg
road raged psycho

Post by Evil Blarg »

Musically I'll pick "The Clairvoyant" off the Seventh Son album. That intro has the perfect combination of notes and it does something to me.

For scream along value, I can't decide between "The Clansman" (Virtual XI), because I was at the Return Of (the) Bruce concert in Zwolle (I think) and there were like 50.000 people screaming for FREEDOM! FREEDOM! It moves one, you see.

Or "The Trooper" (Piece Of Mind). The lyrics just flow and flow and you don't really have to be able to sing to kinda properly sing along.

For nostalgic value I'd have to pick "Moonchild". The first song offa (again) Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son. Coz that's kinda how I became Eddie Moonchild, you see.

However, contrary to popular belief "Eddie" is derived from my then constant banter about how good a guitarist Eddie Van Halen was (and still is!) and has in no way to do with Eddie The 'Ed.

Hey remember the late eighties, where you copied all your CDs to cassette and then when you came to Maiden's 7th Son there was never enough space to write out the song or album?
Wolfheart
turbo bastard

Post by Wolfheart »

I agree that newsted's bass wasn't even audible in ...and justice for all, but I really do think that, although it's different from their previous albums, the black one is great!!! Thay at last let Newsted show his proficiency, and the result may not be master of puppets, but something completely different yet equally amazing. Sadly, this is the last good stuff they made (except mebbe half a dozen songs since) it is clear that the good old ride the lightning times are definitely gone. (Oh and BTW... Newsted left too big a spot for mr. trujillo to fill, although he is too a great bassist) so they have passed from being 1992's four horsemen to be 2005's three amigos & ozzy's bassist.

As for Iron Maiden... I like Virtual XI because it was fresh... ok, ok, wihout dickinson they didn't sound very "maiden" but blaze bailey was a hell of a good singer too, and I thought it was going to carry the band one step forward, just like it happened when adrian smith left and janick gers got in... no prayer for the dying meant an evolution that took the band out of where they were stuck (7th son of a 7th son was more of the same they had been doing). Blaze meant all that for the band, unfortunately for him the change didn't get much support from the fans and they ultimately had to fire him.

I mean, Bruce Dickinson is the true spirit of Iron Maiden, and he should alway have been maiden's singer, NO DOUBT about that, but if he leaves and you have to make a brand new start, stick to it, and dont step back at the first chance. Blaze gave his best to replace a legend, and to express their gratitude they kick him of the band...I hate what Judas Priest did to Ripper Owens for the same reason.
Rockerjunkie817
driver

Dosent anyone like Blood Brothers from maidens 200 cd, i forget the name but i just like how the whole song flows. And the big part about maiden is how they got ed on the album of every cd, i think. Eds the man, I would like to see who would win in a wrestling match, Ed or Lemmy? thats a hard one.

And for MetallicA, your all forgetting Kill 'em all, thats what got them off, the reason metallica went to hell on load and reload is because they wanted to focus on kirk and there base player at the time, when originally lars and james where doing most of the song writing, and as dumb as lars apears hes the one who started metallica, good thing lars gave up perfesinal tennis and picked up some drum sticks!!! :grin:
Evil Blarg
road raged psycho

Post by Evil Blarg »

The Wolfman speaketh:

Blaze meant all that for the band, unfortunately for him the change didn't get much support from the fans and they ultimately had to fire him.

The story I heard was that Blaze couldn't quite keep up with the demanding schedule of Maiden and started having trouble with his voice. Hence they decided it was better to part ways.

Granted, that Dicky was ready to come back didn't help Blaze's position either.

I'll say one thing for him though, I met him and Nicko during a CD signing in Amsterdam (I rudely had him sign 7th Son) and he's a very cool guy. Afterwards I got some time to thank him for keeping Maiden going.

I mean, Bruce Dickinson is the true spirit of Iron Maiden, and he should alway have been maiden's singer, NO DOUBT about that,

Dickinson is indeed the voice of Maiden, but you do know there was this Paul something guy before him, yeah? I don't know his name off the top of my head coz I don't have any album from before 666. I think it was Paul... It was Paul DiAnno!

Junk du Roque speaketh:

Dosent anyone like Blood Brothers from maidens 200 cd, i forget the name but i just like how the whole song flows. And the big part about maiden is how they got ed on the album of every cd, i think. Eds the man, I would like to see who would win in a wrestling match, Ed or Lemmy? thats a hard one.

That's off the Brave New World album. A very nice album, but mostly so interesting since it marked the return of The Bruce (a name which in old Gaelic means "lion"). My fav off that album is "Wicker Man". The most of it's lyrics go "Your time will come!" and "Woo woo woo!", it's not that hard to sing along.

Eddie versus Lemmy?

Eddie versus Lemmy...?

That's indeed a tough one... I'd say Lemmy would win. Lemmy is a mean motherfucker... Maybe the fight would last for a week. Eddie is tough too.

Yeah, that's it. The fight will last for a week upon which they both decide this makes no sense at all and go to pummel the crap out of Bon Jovi.
Metallica2904
So fucking what!

Post by Metallica2904 »

well said blarg......lemmy and eddie are about even

i guess id have to say my fav song by maiden would haveta be the trooper, or possibly number of the beast......
Pedestrians have the right of way.....Unless they're in the way!
valium
BraMan

Post by valium »

i had this test at school today, but none of the questions were as hard as this one.

my guess is: there is no single answer on this, but the following ALL end up on first place

1: the angel and the gambler

1: the educated fool

1: the clansman

1: como estais amigo

1: don't look to the eyes of a stranger

1: montségur

1: futureal

1: fear of the dark

1: aces high

1: hallowed be thy name

1: 22 acacia avenue

1: ghost of the navig.... and so on and on and on......

i'm just hooked on the guitar solos :rockon:
blacksunshine
turbo bastard

Post by blacksunshine »

iron maiden fav. song? well, it's been "run to the hills" but has changed to "invaiders"

too bad sci didnt use them again in tdr 2000, but you gotta have changes... :rockon:
"This place, will now be your home again untill your death"
Evil Blarg
road raged psycho

Post by Evil Blarg »

Change baaaaad.

Maiden goood.
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

Seen some kind of monster too eh
blacksunshine
turbo bastard

Post by blacksunshine »

thats a great comedy!

ist a shame that they are fighting over what sound too "stock".

it's "stock" what makes their music good...
"This place, will now be your home again untill your death"
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Anyone heard the new Judas Priest? It rocks. Not quite on the same level as maiden, but this new album from Priest definatly is better than the older stuff I've heard, not that I've actually heard much before, lol.

On the subject of Di'Anno, he was shit. I'm a devoted Maiden fan, but in all honesty he was shit. I really didn't like his vocals on the first album, thank god for Bruce, lol :wink: Not too keen on Blaze either, really.
a.k.a. Brent
Evil Blarg
road raged psycho

Post by Evil Blarg »

TTR said:

Seen some kind of monster too eh

Actually, I'm still stuck in that Metallica/Napster period.

In reply to Toothrot:

Di'Anno himself may be a pretty good singer, he's jst not my kind of singer and although he was Maiden's original singer, he didn't do Maiden justice. While I also liked Blaze (but more for nice guy reasons and for keeping Maiden going), Bruce is the Maiden voice.

Check who’s online