Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Hey again

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Secret Chimp
motorised death

Hey again

Post by Secret Chimp »

It's been a long time since I've been here... I've been off the old Carmageddon since the last computer capable of playing it moved out of my room 2-3 years ago, but recently my PowerBook went in for some minor slot repairs and I started up the old iMac, which happens to have both Carmageddon 1 and 2 on it. 2 is screwed up right now, probably because of something I did, but 1 is fun.

Looking around, it seems like we've lost some people as well as gained quite a few (such as this Killswitch fellow that's running Crashocalypse now). Anyways, hopefully I'll stay hooked on C1 and C2 after my new computer comes back, if not, it's been interesting to see what's been going on since I last came around.
Econobrick
Stucco

Re: Hey again

Post by Econobrick »

Ahoy! Nice to see you back. What happened? You said you were going out for a coffee and that was over 2 years ago?!
Alan
Honkey

Re: Hey again *DELETED*

Post by Alan »

Post deleted by Alan
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Way heavy, man...

'Sup, Chimp? Nice ta see ya back! :grin:
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
@ob
road raged psycho

Post by @ob »

that was some long coffie!! lol!!

welcome back!!!! im one of them new pplz.
K@VeRa
motorised death

Post by K@VeRa »

i think i remember u...right or wrong?
...why do we keep writing things down here...?
Secret Chimp
motorised death

Post by Secret Chimp »

I did a search, and it seems that the last post I made here was in December of 2002 in Raven-X's thread about his new mid 90s red Civic (I'm surprised I even remember that, the pic is broken now, of course)... and yep, there it is, I'm a bitch-ass still back then.

I left because after I got a new computer, it was after Apple decided to not have any of their new computers be able to boot into OS 9, the only OS either of the Carmageddon's can run in. The Carma-capable iMac went into my dad's room, and with these most incredible gains allowed by the new computer in newer games, I eventually stopped bothering with Carmageddon, as it was a hassle to go and reboot the old Mac out of the new OS into the old one for a play when I could just do something cooler looking like Unreal Tournament. That, and I was making enemies with just about everybody, so it was less pleasant to be here.

Hopefully the 1.5-some years since then have allowed the shit to dribble through the drain, both with respects to myself and any beef-o-reenos I created with people.

I won't really get back into the shindig until I get my PowerBook back; it's getting fixed because the slot for the wireless card is goofed up, and I need to go steal some wireless broadband (still on 56k after all of these years) so I can catch up on all of the new crap I'm behind on.

Hell, maybe I've learned enough photoshop in my hiatus to make some non-crappy skins. I still can't find a copy of that plutonium somethingorother skin I made for the C2 Don Dumpster thing. Has Errol still been gone?

And yeah [url=mailto:K@vera">K@vera[/url], I remember you. I think we talked on ICQ when you were first getting into skinning.
Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

Hey Chimpy-pimp. Been a while.
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

Ahoy fellow simian!

Not meaning to repeat everyone up here, but "It's been a while"

Heh.

So, considering you've found your old mac-install of carmageddon, might you happen to have some of the old user-cars from mac-carmageddon, or whatever it was called?
random_monkey
Secret Chimp
motorised death

Post by Secret Chimp »

I know I don't have the one that was like a helmet-hot rod, but I forget what the other ones are, so perhaps I do. I know I have a lot of the splat pack track conversions that might not be out there anymore, like the racetrack and the dam track, possibly still the crazy-alien-islands one and the hell track, though I remember that the overhead map linking for the hell track was completely messed up..
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

yo chimp dude, if its the one called 'Plutograff' then i have it, shout back and ill send it to ya.
Evil Blarg
road raged psycho

Post by Evil Blarg »

I don't know you, but I kept your seat warm.

That's just the kinda guy I am.
Secret Chimp
motorised death

Post by Secret Chimp »

yo chimp dude, if its the one called 'Plutograff' then i have it, shout back and ill send it to ya.

Yeah, Plutonium Graffiti, that was it. Booya. Email it if you please.

Check who’s online