Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Movie Contest (?)

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
MuscleCarFreak
speed freak

Re: Movie Contest (?)

Post by MuscleCarFreak »

Kitteh:

I have a finished movie, shall i send it your way?

Sending movies to me is only thought for those who don't got own servers/sites, which i guess isn't the case with you, so you rather put it somewhere on your site and post the link here, ok?
Powdered Toast MAAAN!!
12 Cyl Symphony

Post by Powdered Toast MAAAN!! »

Yeah... heh... I have a site. On 50megs... which sucks, cause I can only upload pictures and html. And my blueyonder homespace is so small! i don't think I even have 10mb...

BTW, did you get the movie through alright?
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

Erm, my site downloads at 1 kbyte per second. itll take 3-4 hours to download my movie. Thats with high speed cable.
MuscleCarFreak
speed freak

Post by MuscleCarFreak »

Hm ... how big is it, Kitteh? It's ok if it's less than 10mb big, but i don't wanna mess up my uncle's sever too much, as Powdered Toast's one has already been very big and mine won't be that small either...

It would be cool if you could ask some other carmageddon site hosters if they could offer some space aswell... if nothing helps, you can send it to me, ok?
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

4.8 megs unzipped

EDIT: It's sent, check your email.
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

Aw crap it returned the damn thing to me. What address should i send it to besides the one in your profile? It don't work.
MuscleCarFreak
speed freak

Post by MuscleCarFreak »

It seems like my email-account won't accept attachments more than 4mb, so there are two possibilities:

1. If you use MSN messenger or any other messenger you can try to send it to me with those.

2. Try to get the size a bit smaller, by either trying to zip it (but i doubt that it would make it that much smaller) or you use WinRAR or WinACE to split it into two files and send me 2 mails with one part of the archive each
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

Argh. I did zip it. I guess i have to try that.
Qwerty_86
kill boss

Post by Qwerty_86 »

Ok, I got a movie. It's about 1:45 long. I have made two versions. One is 15.8 MB, 320X240, 8-bit mono and the other is 18.8 MB, 400X300, 8-bit stereo (which means better quality). Would you care if it's bigger than the limit? I have a place to upload it, so it's not a big problem for me.
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

Well, its at my site in the carmageddon 2 section. If you can get it to download at all.
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

Alright gents; tried to be a little more original with mine and did some kind of concept..

'tis a "Beaver City" promo... if you will, great to play for people looking for vacation ideas or what have you. Its 320X240 and in mpeg-1 format (something everyone should have), 10mb.. 2:58 in length, audio track "Heavy Metal Machine" by SP.

There are a few slight pauses in the video here and there due to my crappy computer when playing the game.. dont have the video jank to edit that. Thank you for all being such good sport. *makes a hitler like hand gesture*

The video I speak of is here
MuscleCarFreak
speed freak

Post by MuscleCarFreak »

Qwerty: If you upload it to your own site, i don't mind the size... tho i wonder alot how you got it that big, as a comparison: my first bigger movie on my site was 1:28 long, 640x480, 8bit mono and has only a little more than 5mb!

Kitteh: er... i only see 3 movies on your site, but they are all about a certain car, you were rather supposed to make a compilation of stunts etc. in a little longer movie, with various cars :crazy:

Autopilot: Really cool idea! i think the oscar for best story book is urs :wink: The soundtrack is also very good, the only bad thing is the annoying low framerate... but i think the viewers can look over that :smile:
Forsaken Brolly
Humanoid Typhoon

Post by Forsaken Brolly »

shit shit shit. i had to re-install XP, so i lost eveything. the only thing i could save was that concept car i was workin on... i tried to put everything on cd's, but i kept getting "C:/ Doesn't Have Enough Quota to Process This Command" "Out OF Memory!" and another error that said something about images are corrupt, or these are not reconizable windows files. so as soon as i get C2 back(monday or Tuesday) and alla files, ill start workin on the video. hope i get it finished before the deadline...
Qwerty_86
kill boss

Post by Qwerty_86 »

I don't know why it's so big. I'm using the Divx compression and that's the smallest I can get the videos. I'm using the RAD video program to compile my movie. And it can only save in *.avi format. Anyone have a free, no time limit, no watermark version of a *.avi to *.mpeg converter? I'm running Win 98.

In the meantime, here's my video.

http://www.awesysnet.ca/~qwerty/Carma/QwertyVideo.zip

Auto, that video was AWESOME! I loved it!
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

I have a collection of stuns somewhere but Autopilots discouraged me. AUTO, RELEASE THE GODDAMN 70's BUICK TYPE CAR!!!!!
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

Ok, I uploaded it to comcast. Song is 99 Red Balloons by Goldfinger.

http://home.comcast.net/~kitteh2004/Collection.wmv
Hobo1
turbo bastard

Post by Hobo1 »

Yeah... I want Auto's Buick too... I REALLY want something to skin, I was so bored I ruined a Pontiac Bonneville... (check attachment) :rofl:

EDIT: Qwerty, I received a error downloading codec when i tried to watch it... can you give me a idea of how to fix it? :supermad:
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

Use something besides windows media player like divx or real or quicktime.
Hobo1
turbo bastard

Post by Hobo1 »

ok thanks Kitteh
Qwerty_86
kill boss

Post by Qwerty_86 »

Yeah, get the latest DIVX player.

I found a program to convert my *.avi files to *.wmv files, so here's the same video, only smaller (by less than half the original size!) and in *.wmv format. So if the original doesn't work, download this one. It's the same movie anyways.

http://www.awesysnet.ca/~qwerty/Carma/QwertyMovie.wmv
Oblivion
turbo bastard

Post by Oblivion »

Autopilot: Wow! that movie is impressive. :supercrazy:

Qwerty: Some realy cool clips there! especially like those with scientist´s Truck! :thumbsup:

Kitteh: Have not seen your movie yet,it didnt work here in school, but Ill watch it as soon as I get home.
MuscleCarFreak
speed freak

Post by MuscleCarFreak »

FB: :mad: aww, it's really great shit if something like that happens, i hope you get back on the track as soon as possible... i wish you the best for that.

Qwerty: nice movie! :thumbsup: may i ask where you found that converter? i planned to use Divx aswell, but if it gets too big, i could use a wmv-compression too.
Qwerty_86
kill boss

Post by Qwerty_86 »

I don't remember where I downloaded it from, but here's the files. I included the WMV encoder with it in the zip.

http://www.awesysnet.ca/~qwerty/Carma/WMVconverter.zip
MuscleCarFreak
speed freak

Post by MuscleCarFreak »

cool, thanks alot!
Qwerty_86
kill boss

Post by Qwerty_86 »

You're welcome. I would recommend the "Video for Broadband Film Content (768 Kpbs)" WMV profile for the video encoding.
Forsaken Brolly
Humanoid Typhoon

ok, i got C2 re-installed, alla cars i need, and most of the tools. should be getting started pertty soon
Forsaken Brolly
Humanoid Typhoon

oh GREAT! i can't get the freakin thing to record movies now. imma try a reinstall of C2, then do some stuff, 'differently'.

if this don't work, anybody know a fix? and yes, i've got Quicktime installed
Forsaken Brolly
Humanoid Typhoon

ok i got it workin. seems you have to have your root dir in your program files folder :crazy:

now, off to edit and create!
Qwerty_86
kill boss

Post by Qwerty_86 »

Can we submit more than one movie? I made another movie and this one is a little bit better.
MuscleCarFreak
speed freak

Post by MuscleCarFreak »

Can we submit more than one movie? I made another movie and this one is a little bit better.

You can only declare one movie as your contest entry, but it's your choice which one it is. That should be said clearly before the deadline (end of this month).

So if you think that your newer one is better, just give us the link and it's officially your entry (unless you feel the need to make another one that you consider as better again :wink: ).

By the way: After the deadline, I'm going to upload a special page on my site with every link to the movie entries, so that the people don't have to search around finding them somewhere in the forum.
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

Does my movie work? Has anyone seen it yet? It worked on my computer and my friend's computer.
Econobrick
Stucco

Post by Econobrick »

I saw that item!
Qwerty_86
kill boss

Post by Qwerty_86 »

Ok, I think I'll keep my original movie as my entry. I'll share the other video later.
Forsaken Brolly
Humanoid Typhoon

ive watched everybodies movie, and i must say that they are AWSOME! seems i gotta take it up a notch :wink:
MuscleCarFreak
speed freak

Post by MuscleCarFreak »

i agree with FB, i watched all the movies, they all worked fine (also urs, Kitteh) and they all just rock!!! :thumbsup:

This is gonna be a pretty interesting contest, props to all competitors!

PS.: To FB: There's many time till the end of this month, so if everything on ur comp works fine again, i'm sure you can make a cool entry till then aswell. And please include some of your skins in it, cuz they rule! :wink:

Check who’s online