Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Dodgy!!

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
n3wton
Wasted!

Dodgy!!

Post by n3wton »

Whats with the dodgy people registering on the forums.. I have noticed this for quite a well, but havent really mentioned anything...

check out the latest user to register ~friendfinder ?! check out his website ..... this is about the 7th person I have seen register with a dodgy website.. kinda weird if you ask me

anyhow bye

n3wt :grin:
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Re: Dodgy!!

Post by TTR »

LOL! errmmm wrong website? doh!
DEMENTOR
demented bastard

Post by DEMENTOR »

@TTR: ?

@N3wton: I have noticed dodgey people as well, there were some peeps with ! at the start of their name. Wonder who these gimps are?
<---- 1970 Plymouth Superbird (Richard Petty Replica) at Brooklands.
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

DEMENTOR: i was talking about he guy with 'friend finder' he was on the wrong website you know..
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

Yeah, Look at the first few users in the user list - All registered within the past few days or so

Is it worth cleaning something like that out Beast?
random_monkey
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

another fucking tosser today look!

username: !!!

website (about-contact-lenses.com ) ffs! :mad:
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

Hehehe :rofl:
Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

Those are probably bot-created usernames. Not much I can do bout them xcept delete them, and I'll do so when I get back to Greece.
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

Whats up with Greece may i ask? your C2 disk lies there too tho...you mean the country right?
Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

Well, I'm originaly from Macedonia, and I spent the first 18 years of my life there. For the past year I've been living in Greece for study reasons. I go to Macedonia on weekends every now and then, and I'm in Macedonia whenever there's a bigger break off uni.

B.
matt
im new, be gentle

Post by matt »

Not that dodgy I suppose, weblog comments are taking the brunt of this sort of spam at the moment, all the stuff that doesn't need registering for. I opposed having to register, and still do actually, but I must concede it does mean you can be more lax on administration.

I was just perusing the stats, of 1610 registered accounts, 1303 have never been logged into, and the active community appears to be just under 100 users, I was pleasantly suprised by that actually.
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

have you got a option within your MODCP or ADMINCP to delete accounts that havent been used :oops:
nWo4life
motorised death
Location: Let me explain something to you people. What happens on this board I take REAL serious. I don't care who you are, how big you are (or how small). I'm nWo4life!! And I've come here, to FIGHT!!

Post by nWo4life »

Maybe a tip for the administrators; I have been walking on different forums on the internet, and one of them had a pretty nice way to delete inactive accounts; Unlog everybody once a half year, and if you are not logged in 2 months the account will be deleted. I know I am a damn n00b, and I also know that those script are difficult to make, but it is only a tip. Don't kill me if you don't like it :smile:

Greetz, nWo4life
"I never thought ye had it in ye." - Ken Shamrock

"I have registered myself for the 30th (Look: we're still counting!) time... Does this officially make me an attention-seeking internet whore? No?" - Mr. Hawk
DEMENTOR
demented bastard

Post by DEMENTOR »

Yeah good idea I suppose, but some people take 'breaks' from carma and come back later.
<---- 1970 Plymouth Superbird (Richard Petty Replica) at Brooklands.
M®. £üñ¢hßØx
WetDogx2

Post by M®. £üñ¢hßØx »

I've done stuff like that before. I wouldn't appreciate it if my account was magically deleted 'cuz I had other stuff to take care of for a while. Maybe instead of 2 months, it should be those 6? I think it's safe to assume that if they don't log in for six months, they more than likely aren't going to log back in. Besides that, if they do and their account is deleted, they'll probably be lucky enough to sign up with that account name again. Like my name. I can't even type my name, so odds are no one else will, either.
HAHA OMG I NEVR KNO WUT 2 PUT IN THIS THINGS!!11 LOLZ!111 OMG FUXXORZ IM BAD AT HTIS
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

And wave goodbye to all of those posts you gained, thus losing any 'respectability' and stuff...

I know it seems like a crying point or something. But when you've been around a bit and gain some trust and 'battle scars' - you don't want to have them stripped and stuff, right? :/
random_monkey
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Right on, Monkey and M®._£üñ¢hßØx .

I had to do that already (start over, I mean-and it can be quite a pain.). Twice! :lol:

OK, OK, I didn't type it either :grin:

***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
TheJabMan
.:protagonist:.

Post by TheJabMan »

Im guessing the bot is set to reply to certain things, I mean it has to register so it's got to know what's asking for a password and username, makes it up and fires it off... what about just adding something like another section with a random # generator, like those "please type the # you see" I mean Im sure there is something that can get past it, but hey, I know networking, not bots :P

Either that or something that makes no sense, it would be something just a like a question granting you to register like, what's the board called or something, hell I dunno...

As for deleting unused accounts, bad idea, I've been gone for 5 months, tsk tsk.
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

I was just perusing the stats, of 1610 registered accounts, 1303 have never been logged into, and the active community appears to be just under 100 users, I was pleasantly suprised by that actually.
am on about the 1303 that have never been logged into, whats the point of of keeping them ? :confused:
Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

Just did a simple purge, as you might have noticed. I deleted usernames that have not been active in the past 365 days. Lightened the load, and all the active users kept their accounts.

I'll do a more thorough comb of the user list when I get back to Greece tommorow.

See, I do come in handy every now and then. :smile:

B.
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

I see it, 1st there where like over 1600 and now 345 members :rofl:
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

*ahem*

Arsehole.
random_monkey
C2 Scientist
jaywalker

Post by C2 Scientist »

RM: How clever. And today some "DodgyG" registered as well... how funny. :oops:

By the way, Beast, tell me, are older threads being deleted once they reach a certain "oldness"-limit? I haven't been checking that so closely, but I think they are, right? I know this board is newer, at least the old board contantly removed the oldest topics...

"Why should they be kept" one might ask... why not? (Unless the board can't take it, of course) I was wondering... (I wonder a lot, hm?)
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

Yeah.

I think a year is a good limit btw, because I can't post on this board outside of the uni network for some reason, I don't think it likes my isp's ip range. So yeah, I've been away for longer than 6 months in a go I reckon. Maybe not, but I'd rather not take the chance of losing my "battle scars".
matt
im new, be gentle

Post by matt »

*ahem*

Arsehole.

*whistles innocently*
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

Moron :smile:
random_monkey
Astaroth
hit n run

Post by Astaroth »

Since we are talking about Dodgy, someone called DodgyG just registered :lol:
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

Erm, deja vu?
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

B.... please delete 0000aso user, check out his website... ok until clicked! :shock:
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

Fat :smile: lol

fat cars

fat tracks

fat respect ppl

fat info

fat help

All here, its fat :wink: :rofl:

Check who’s online