Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

I just got layed off my friggen job!

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

That shit company [font color="red">Electronic Farts</font color> , which I only joined for the high pay, and generally because I like doing what I do there, layed off 500 employees; "the lesser workers" including me. So I'm outta work for now. But maybe I can join some other tech company. I'd love to work for TechTV, because they are in my area (San Francisco).

I got a mail right after I cam home from work announcing that I had been layed off, because "i was too good at what I do for the job" which is bullshit. Those greedy schmucks just want more money to lock in their god damn vault, so they can make even worse games, with more "features" such as worse gameplay, lagging graphics, etc. Well, I can safely say I'm not buying anything from EA Games anymore. EA Sports is a whole seperate company, so they aren't as prickish.
Forsaken Brolly
Humanoid Typhoon

Re: I just got layed off my friggen job!

Post by Forsaken Brolly »

Electtt.........hahahaha :lol:.......Electronic.....FARTS....hahahahaha

does anybody see the irony in farting, or is everybody here to mature to laugh at a Grade A All American FART?

ohh, and it would be SWEET to get a job at techtv kitteh. sorry to hear bout ya gettin laid off dude.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Bummer! Hope ya don't have to sell that Viper so ya can eat...
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

Lol. I got plenty o money. Tomorrow I'm gonna send some shiz out to TechTV asking for a job, and explain the whole Electronic Farts thing. I think it would be cool to do 3d effects for some sort of show, since that was what I did at EA, except it was for game menus. I was working on the 3d effects for the main menu of NFS: Underground. Ain't it cool? And people don't even acknowledge us little people. I bet some loser schmuck assface will finish the god damn menu and make it crappy. Why do these god damn people have to fire 500 people only to hire 499? They just suck at thinking and everything else involved with using brain cells. Oh well. Thanks for your support and everything.

Cheers,

Kitteh
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Hmm...Now that i reread your post, Considering your job as a menu guy, and also considering your mastery of spelling the English language-I'd consider putting you on the chopping block, too.

What? Were those menus in Arabic? Lotsa those guys don't care how anyhing is spelled-it's all correct to them- because Allah said so :grin:
bruner_james
The Dancing Bear

Post by bruner_james »

yah i probally going to get layed of too my paper route paper is giong to with me on it
Still lazy.
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

I GOT A JOB!!! YAY! I just dropped off my portfolio at their building (Same area of town as me) and they replied, like, five hours later. It's so wierd how fast it traveled. I'm now an executive 3d graphics designer for Anime Unleashed. I will make the graphics for the intro and stuff, when they tell me they need a new intro. Until then, I just get payed for having lan parties with my fellow employees. Oh, and best of all, I got to meet my hero, Leo Laporte. Damn he's just so nice! I was expecting him to be a snotty celebrity but he was actually really friendly and funny. I guess it's just that San Francisco spirit that everybody there has. And my pay is almost twice as much as at Electronic Farts. Basically, in the mail, I sent a portfolio of all the graphics work I did, they looked at it immediately, for some reason, and replied immediately, for some reason. They must pay for one hour mail service or something. Anyway I'm really excited about my new job!

Cyaz,

Kitteh

PS I had my paper route for only one week bacause I cut some guys nose really badly when I hit him with a newspaper.
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

thats great... wich i could get a job at all
"One chicken in a thousand is hatched near a road. One in every ten thousand of those ever tries to cross it. Half of them are run over by cars."
Apex2003
Banned

Post deleted by Beast

Post by Apex2003 »

Aaron
turbo bastard

Post by Aaron »

***construction*** :cool:
What's Carmageddon?
matt
im new, be gentle

Post by matt »

graphics on http://www.freewebs.com/gaminghq/ that's not one of yours is it? (from your profile listed site)

dont mind me, you've just sparked my interest, do we get to nosey at some of the items in your portfolio? :smile:
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

I don't have a scanner and all my orig work was deleted by Electronic Farts when the fired me. But I will when I can.

I'm still amazed how quickly they hired me. Oh and today I had a UT2003 lan party with 5 other employees, and ten bots. Fun as ever.
matt
im new, be gentle

Post by matt »

ahww come off it, I'm very keen, are you seriously telling me you do all those graphic stuff and you dont have a single bunch of pics on your home system (maybe its just me that brings my work home with me too much, and still find personal satisifaction in graphics even after spending all day with them)? or have a single piece of digital imaging equipment at all (scanner, camera wise)? You've caught my interest now, I'm keen to see what sort of stuff you kick out, pwetty pleease :smile: Although working for any company with Anime in the title sounds dubious, but then I am of a certain disposition that rates the majority of (what i consider, accurate as it might or might not be) anime on the same level as.. well something really dull, pointless, and yet still kind of irritating.
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

No, seriously, all my work is at EA and probably was deleted. You might see some o my work in NFS Underground, I dunno.
matt
im new, be gentle

Post by matt »

What sort of stuff was in your portfolio, just print outs of the stuff you did at EA? Excuse my skeptiscism as you may well be very good at what you do, but it just seems quite odd you dont have a single image you could give us a nosey at?

Just to explain my skeptisicism tho, most of the people I know developed their skills predominantly through their own personal work, and continue this even when in full time employment, and so have a plethora or odds ends images and test all over the place :crazy:
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

I just searched my machine. Nothing. All the stuff I did that might still be around is at EA. And taht stupid disc I sent over to TechTV, I forgot to make a copy. And don't get your hopes up. I'm not THAT good. Just wait for NFS Underground and you might see some o my work. Damn company delayed it again.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Hmm.. If I had a portfolio I'd just left somewheres yesterday, I'd fer damn sure have a backup copy of it somewheres. Just the way I'd do things, tho. 'Specially on something as volatile as magnetic media.

Hell I'd have ten backups of it-I'm forgetfull as hell sometimes. One wrong keystroke or voltage transient and -pfffft!- all gone. And CDs get frigged up way too easy.

I still got stuff that I first made for this game stashed on CD and floppies-lotsa floppies.

Check who’s online