Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

New 3d Program

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Tortured-x
pedestrian

New 3d Program

Post by Tortured-x »

hi guys and gals,

i haven't posted here in a while (use to be TWC) so i decided i'd get on and tell you all about a rather impressive 3d program.

Bryce 5.0 has a good interface and is rather easy to use and in my personal opinion would make the perfect program for making tracks.

anyways, look around for it, ain't the cheapest thing on the market but still alot of fun :smile:
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Re: New 3d Program

Post by random_monkey »

Neah, I remember using bryce 3 ages ago - it sucked

all eye-candy quick and easy really
random_monkey
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post deleted by coffeycup

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Beroc-Lord of Destruction
road raged psycho

Post by Beroc-Lord of Destruction »

Heh..... I dont know about Bryce 5, but Every other Bryce version was eyecandy. It gave you no tools for actually making stuff. 3dsm gives you lots of tools to make your own geometry. Tracks and the like. It gives you tools to make roads, buildings, complex shapes... Bryce gives you terrain....and then it gives you more terrain.... maybe a box here and there. a sphere. Um... you are getting the point.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post deleted by coffeycup

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Noggieca
hit n run

Post by Noggieca »

I have and have used Bryce from version 3 to 5, and yes ther are simplistic in comparison to 3SM.

In learning 3SM I notice some differences in the programs but many things ar the same.

All in all, 3SM is for higher end graphics and modeling, Bryce is for the average user.

Bryce will also read just about every other 3d file format out there. I don't know if 3SM does.
Tortured-x
pedestrian

Post by Tortured-x »

bryce does read most 3d formats and yes 3d max does read bryce formats.

ok, the reason i suggested bryce is because bryce is a landscape modeling program, unlike 3d max which uses splines and nurbs and gives the choice of modeling line by line.

There are many great 3d programs, for example, poser 8 is the perfect utensil for making Human characters and shows perfect attention to detail, meaning the muscle tone is perfect in nearly every aspect, only problem with poser is you need to air brush the hair by hand in Photoshop.

Maybe i should post a list of 3d tutorials for n00bs and such?
Tortured-x
pedestrian

Post by Tortured-x »

bryce as i've sed is mainly for landscape modelling, and abstract.

here's an example of bryce abstract:

Alien

Check who’s online