Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Post deleted by Beast

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post deleted by coffeycup

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Beroc-Lord of Destruction
road raged psycho

Re: LOD & The Spray Shop?

Post by Beroc-Lord of Destruction »

Ha... no... it is when your cookie has a name that the database doesnt.... it erases your cookie for you... :wink:

Illegal access is when you try to get into the admin page and the script catches you. You can right click all you want on LOD... wont really get you any place. never really has before... it can get you into not being able to download a file right... :wink:

OK... What have I been working all day... That is the question... And.... I posted it, so you guys could have a good look at it. A concept that a co-worker and I kinda played with about a year ago. A page that will make it'self as you type. No where near complete. There is a proper link to it on LOD. It is one of the sections of the page that you guys will really never see. It is the News Creation Page... What has been powering LOD for about a year or so now... Finally getting a revamp. This time, it shows you what you are typing as you go.... Some smilies are working on it... I put it up for your enjoyment, it doesnt actually save any data yet. But the scripts to write the data are done, just have to get the data to them. Over the weekend I will be adding to this page. There will be a popup toolbar to do the smilies, so they wont appear on that page... Well, other then the button to bring up the toolbar, the page is just about complete. I get to add more java as I add more smilies... Hmmm Where too mooch smilies from.... :wink:
road raged psycho

DEMENTOR
demented bastard

Post by DEMENTOR »

Hey Beroc is that smilie from LOD I was browsing and I saw all the smilies. COOL
<---- 1970 Plymouth Superbird (Richard Petty Replica) at Brooklands.
road raged psycho

heh, yep... about 99% of the way done with the java for this particular page.... You guys can check it out.... The Java takes a gallery database and applies it to the news toolbar. It will effectively know what thumbnails go with which pictures. All that will be able to be done through the main window or tweaked through the gallery window. All of that is maintained through the database. It will also come in handy when doing a WIP page, as requested by TDA. A single Thumbnail could generate multiple Images. So you could do an update of a thumbnail to the closest WIP pic, tell it it is part of the gallery, and then search for it through the Gallery structure. It will be a pretty cool looking Database Driven thing... I am happy that I am so close to being done with this page... it is one of the heaviest pages I have to do. Lots of Java, and I am only a novice at that....

Next up:

File upload scripts... where we can start putting some files back on LOD... Too bad no one will be able to see it till the core is up... Sigh... alot of work still left to do.
Noggieca
hit n run

Post by Noggieca »

I know that you are in the process of rebuilding L.O.D but just letting you know what I see in Netscape 7.02
road raged psycho

All that should be fixed now..... Thanks
road raged psycho

Finally... a new piece of news at LOD. This has been a long time in the making... Though not all the work has been done.... we will try to bring up sections as we get em done.

Have a look at the new LOD.
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

i get a "CGI Error

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers."

at the top of the side
"One chicken in a thousand is hatched near a road. One in every ten thousand of those ever tries to cross it. Half of them are run over by cars."
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post deleted by coffeycup

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
road raged psycho

Does it still produce the same errors?

road raged psycho

In the "For what it's worth" section..... The gallery at LOD is up and running... almost complete. After that, the WIP section, which is partially embedded in the gallery will be up and running... though that is all currently available on the site.

Also, I have a temporary Nav bar in place so you can see the way things are laid out.

I don't have a timeline for the files sections of LOD yet, but they will be coming soon.

Have a good time with it guys...
DEMENTOR
demented bastard

Post by DEMENTOR »

Thats a nice layout. Very nice
<---- 1970 Plymouth Superbird (Richard Petty Replica) at Brooklands.
road raged psycho

Well... finally... after more then a month of being "dead".... LOD has some downloads.... Not finished, but no sense to keep them from you guys.....
Apex2003
Banned

Post deleted by Beast

Post by Apex2003 »

random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

it could do without the animation at the top of the site in my opinion.

I like the whole avatar for newsposts thing though
random_monkey
road raged psycho

The thing at the top is being worked on.... there is a small button on it that says size... if you click the button, it will load a non animating top... however, it is a little screwed right now, cos it loads the entire page into the top... and doesnt alow you to see the rest..... However, it is all cookie based, so after you switch it to the lower setting, and reload the page, it will remeber which you want, and always load up the non-animating part.

The site is a design by me for the most part... all of the new cgi scripting is done by me.... the logo was done by another guy, dont know his name, one of CADster's buddies. He is supposed to be making some new nav stuff for it, though I am not sure exactly what he has in store....

I think the past month or so of my life has been alot more hectic then I though.... I have had alot of 'pans in the fire' goin at the same time... some of them have been completed, some have not... I have new cars in the works, and really can't wait to get back to modeling and having fun... Programming takes alot out of the creative part of LOD IMO.
Apex2003
Banned

Post deleted by Beast

Post by Apex2003 »

road raged psycho

Well... Now it all is officially Fixed.....

I think everything about the downloads page works now... Course, I have all of you to test it, and play....

Lots of stuff left to be done, but it is all a down hill race from here. The largest section was the new downloads page... and a few clicks will get you pretty much tuned into whatever you are looking for as far as searches are concerned.

And never let it be said that I didnt listen.... Even though it didn't seem like I did.... The Gallery Format part of the Downloads page (Where you can see pictures) is broken up into 9 block sections like the Gallery page. So you don't have to wait a year and a day to see pics. It also displays a description about the file and allows you to see a 640x480 final which is associated with the final....

But all of that is up to you guys, cos the Listings still work just fine.

Give me an email, or respond in this forum if anything doesnt work.... or if you just have some suggestions.... Time to put LOD back on the map, and get our fans back supporting us.
Forsaken Brolly
Humanoid Typhoon

Post by Forsaken Brolly »

so, do have any free time now?
road raged psycho

Er.... Um.... Try IMing me... LOL

Time is what I dont have too much of.

Next Up for LOD.... Tutorials

And finalizing the Embeded Gallery....
road raged psycho

ONE MORE SECTION......

That's it...

Just one More section.....

YAAAAAA FRIGGIN HOOOOOO!!!!!!!

n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

Great Work.. Beroc! looks great too :wink: the new layout seems alot more user-friendly, overall again great work :grin:

Check who’s online