Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

geforce fx5200 + nfs4= flatulence

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Aaron
turbo bastard

geforce fx5200 + nfs4= flatulence

Post by Aaron »

I just got a geforce fx and when I start up nfs4, my monitor refreshes back to the desktop and that's fucking it... the game runs in software mode- anybody know what might be wrong?? :confused:

if you reply, thanks, but if you just read this and go away, I'll take a soddering iron and stab you in the face.
What's Carmageddon?
Apex2003
Banned

Post deleted by Beast

Post by Apex2003 »

PumaY2K
Fuck Off.

Re: geforce fx5200 + nfs4= flatulence

Post by PumaY2K »

Oh shit... I'd better reply something... um... Ow!! thats shit! ... yeah... good reply :lol:
PumaY2K out.

TomeX
2xfeet drive

Post by TomeX »

Hmm...i wanted to buy a Ge-force, but now when you said bout this prob, you made me curious :crazy: Try the obvious: check if this happens in other games (probably not), then try reinstalling the drivers etc. -=w00t=- now you wont hit me right? (BONG) HEY?! What was that for :tongue:
Reno
hit n run

Post by Reno »

Well first off I wouldn't have got the fx5200 thats like te bottom range MX series of the other GeForces, would have been better off getting the GeForce 3 or 4 ti, for a GeForce FX thats worth getting think the FX5600 or above, and second, your problem, I had it with my Geforce 4 Ti4600 on StreetLegal, but the latest driver downloads from nvidia sorted it out.
nWo4life
motorised death
Location: Let me explain something to you people. What happens on this board I take REAL serious. I don't care who you are, how big you are (or how small). I'm nWo4life!! And I've come here, to FIGHT!!

Post by nWo4life »

I've got some other problems with that game... When i startup it says that the nfshs.exe is not a correct exe file... :crazy: I think that it is XP who fucks up 90% of my good ol' games, Even C2:(. But does anybody have NFS4 running with XP? It don't think so, or there must a bigger problem on my computer than XP.

Greetz, nWo4life
"I never thought ye had it in ye." - Ken Shamrock

"I have registered myself for the 30th (Look: we're still counting!) time... Does this officially make me an attention-seeking internet whore? No?" - Mr. Hawk
Apex2003
Banned

Post deleted by Beast

Post by Apex2003 »

Aaron
turbo bastard

Post by Aaron »

Well first off I wouldn't have got the fx5200 thats like te bottom range MX series of the other GeForces, would have been better off getting the GeForce 3 or 4 ti,

about the "MX" comment, I'd have to disagree: you see, the radeon 9700 is a lot faster than the gf4 ti's, so nvidia, in an attempt to make people buy their cards again, released the geforce fx5200 fully directx9 compatible, unlike the geforce 4 mx cards, which weren't fully dx8 compadible, and the gf2 mx cards that I don't even think were fully dx7 compadible- but anyways, nvidia always made an entirely different chipset for their budget line of cards (a ti chip and an mx chip)- but not here- that's why it's not called an fx mx- it uses the same chipset as the other cards- just 'unbeefed' if you will. So, about what you said about getting the gf3- fuck that! gf3's are based around the first nfinity fx engine, and simply don't perform. About the gf4 ti4200- there are dx9 features that the fx5200 supports that the ti4200 doesn't, and the fx5200 out-performs the ti4200 in anti-aliasing speed. Otherwise, I wouldn't have bought it! :grin:

But anyway, yeah I'm downloading new drivers right now.
What's Carmageddon?
nWo4life
motorised death
Location: Let me explain something to you people. What happens on this board I take REAL serious. I don't care who you are, how big you are (or how small). I'm nWo4life!! And I've come here, to FIGHT!!

Post by nWo4life »

Yeah, C1 runs, TDR 2000 Runs, C2 doens't run... And i've got more games that doesn't work... Worms Armageddon, GP World, and NFS 5 Crashes every 10 minutes or something :sad: And i have XP Pro too :crazy:

Greetz, nWo4life
"I never thought ye had it in ye." - Ken Shamrock

"I have registered myself for the 30th (Look: we're still counting!) time... Does this officially make me an attention-seeking internet whore? No?" - Mr. Hawk
Aaron
turbo bastard

Post by Aaron »

WHY did they even release windows xp?!!!

...oh yeah, that's right- they don't care about anything but moniezzzzzzzzz

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
What's Carmageddon?
PumaY2K
Fuck Off.

Post by PumaY2K »

Because of Bill Gate$
PumaY2K out.

Check who’s online