Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

pc upgradin time!

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Aaron
turbo bastard

pc upgradin time!

Post by Aaron »

look at this fucking post icon! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

anywayzzzzzzz, 4 I go to bed, my faithful duron 1300 and 256 medabeiten von ree-um have come a long way, but Ich muss mein komputer upgrade!!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

But my systemboard booklet (HA! "booklet"... such a funny word- go ahead... say it!) says that the max processessor speed it can handle is mofukin 1300 mhz! :crazy: :crazy: :supercrazy: :supermad: :argue: :suicide:.

Now iv'e never heard of a "processor limit", so can anyone tell me maybe if I should pay any heed to that there piece of text? :shock: "shocked!" )HA!(

and if not, what do you think would be the bigger speed boost- upgrading to an xp2400 processor, or buying 512mb of ddr ram? please tell me so i can make a decision.

ah- why sleep?
What's Carmageddon?
Reno
hit n run

Re: pc upgradin time!

Post by Reno »

All Motherboards have a max CPU limit, DO pay attention to what it says, you can for some motherboards get updraded Bios that will allow maybe the next step up from what the book originally said, but thats not always the case, so as I said DO pay attention to what it says.
Powdered Toast MAAAN!!
12 Cyl Symphony

Post by Powdered Toast MAAAN!! »

Yeah, but flashing BIOS is dodgy. I have lost a couple of Mobos to that nefarious process. Nah, what you want is a KT400 board. MSI do a good one, as do Gigabyte. That will handle upto 3ghz I think! At present I'm running the MSI board and an XP2700+ with 1GB of DDR in there. All running at 333mhz fsb makes for a real sweet setup. Chuck in a killer gfx card, 6.1 sound and you'll be ready to obliterate all. All available in the Uk for under £1000. Ebuyer
Deathrow
aka kyle_tdr

Post by Deathrow »

Dood buy i new computer, go to a computer builder and have it custom built for your needs. :smile:

autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

and after you do that send me yr old one!
Noodlez
road raged psycho

Post by Noodlez »

Haveing use a KT400 board a GigaByte 7VAXP and now a Epox nforce 2 8DRA+ I can say the nforce is far faster. (also my gigabyte all but caught fire it did burn up pretty bad. but newegg was nice and replaced it.
Powdered Toast MAAAN!!
12 Cyl Symphony

Really noodz? I was considering going for the gigabyte model, to replace my MSI. But if it's gonna catch fire then screw it!

And to the guy who wanted the new pc in the first place... just build it yourself. Is much cheaper than going to 'a computer builder' who will most likely add 10-15% extra. Whay pay it when all you need to do is snap some parts together?
Noodlez
road raged psycho

Post by Noodlez »

Well I must say I loved my 7VAXP, I truly did, it was stable to no end, well ok until it's end came it was stable. It might have not been the fastest board but it made up for it in some of the onboard stuff like raid and the fact it looked super ace. I think the burning up was the fault of some crap ass Geil memory that I got, I knew going cheap was a bad I dea, I had cosair in it forever and it was fine, I wanted 512MB so I got a 512 stick of Geil and then the hell started, it wasn't that stable, I had to up the ram volltage to get it semi stable (as Geil said you might have to) and the memory never hit full speed. then one day I smelling that burnt PC smell but couldn't find it, it woulded for about a week after that then just died fully in a horid stink, the smell was in my room for a week or 2 after. Anyway here are some pic's http://nowiamnothing.net/burnt/ there not good ones but you get the idea.

I got the board replaced and I got the new 1.2 version (I would have prefured the 1.1 but I wasn't keeping it so I didn't care) and now my homeslice has it, and he is uber happy with it. (well sept the cheap SB Live has messed sound, but I intend to fix that next time we are not so drunk and can remember)

As for the new Epox nforce2, wow this think rocks but I miss raid so much I need to buy a raid card here soon. and it's not as pretty looking, but speed wice it's far better. I can't wait to try dual chan memory on it, as just singal is better than the kt400
Powdered Toast MAAAN!!
12 Cyl Symphony

Jeez. Those pics sure do show some damage! It's like Carma for PCs. heh... I'll up some pics in a bit of my comp, and you can tell me what you reckon. The board looks uber 1337 and has all these anodised parts!

EDIT: PIC 1 Pic 2

OK... now my signature is really starting to piss me off!! Anybody see what I'm doing wrong? It just stopped working?
Deathrow
aka kyle_tdr

Post by Deathrow »

If your site supports remote linking just take the code below and remove the * from the end of the last [image]

[image]http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http:/ ... t/SIG1.gif[/image*]

If your site supports linking ur sig should appear bellow

Hope that helps

Noodlez
road raged psycho

Post by Noodlez »

Nice case, I thought about getting something like that but the windows is a tad to small for my likeing. I am thinking of going with a full acrylic case, but I haven't made up my mind yet. I know I have to do something, the window I made for mine wasn't that great as I did it drunk and now it's also busted and game so.....
Powdered Toast MAAAN!!
12 Cyl Symphony

Cheers for that Kyle. Lets hope it works this time!

Full Acrylic Noodz? I was looking into that, but couldn't find one below £70. Which sux.
Noodlez
road raged psycho

Post by Noodlez »

yep yep, and yeah gonna cost alot, but any real good case is. I have seen them from anywhere from $75 and up, just a matter fo catching one on I like at a good price when I have money. I could have got I good deal on a Lian Li Aquarium Case today but I didn't have the spare $110 :sad:

I got some UV LED fans the other day, uber nice looking. there orange and blue.
Aaron
turbo bastard

Post by Aaron »

Thanks- good to not fry things :smile:.

But yeah of coursee i'd build it myself- im gonna keep my video card and cd drives anyway.
What's Carmageddon?

Check who’s online