Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Flourescent Lighting...

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Tactical Police Demolition Unit
Guerrilla Kop

Flourescent Lighting...

Post by Tactical Police Demolition Unit »

I'm thinking about installing flourenscent lighting under my Jeep, but I'm wondering if anyone might know the cost of the lights? I was told that it would be around $200, if it's higher than that then I guess I'll have to save up more money. Thanks!!!
Mustang
Hot Sexy Man Beast

Re: Flourescent Lighting...

Post by Mustang »

could you buy the light and make a circut by smiply taping into the cables close the battery. i think flouro light run at 12 volts - if not get a transformer to de-votage it (lol) then run a smiple wire into the dash some where with a switch on it and back the the battery. if you want it to flash or is your installing two or more light you could make the alternate with a smiple circut that you can get a diagram from an eletronic shop - and if you worried about water proofing they wire - just rape tape around it - i don't know how much that will cost and i'll darw you a diagram if you really want :grin:
Reno
hit n run

Post by Reno »

You mean Under Car Neons, try Street Glow, they do some of the best neon kits http://www.streetglow.com/site/auto.htm

random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

neon kits suck
random_monkey
Guerrilla Kop

The diagram will be very helpful, Mustang. I hope that my town doesn't have a law against the lights, I'll have to talk to one of my cop friends about this. Thanks for the info and link. :thumbsup:
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

there against the law here in the UK :sad:
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

i wish they were against the law here! actually maybe they are, i havent seen any of that retard crap, although i see those glowing lights around the licence plates a lot.. which is just as dumb! :lol:
Guerrilla Kop

Have anyone here ever heard of a British rapper called, "The Streets"? I have his CD and I personally love it, I hate only one song out of the 14, and two other songs are too short. Anyways, I'm the only person in my state who has this CD, I also want to be one of the possible few who has the lighting under my car. If I want to be different from all the other Jeeps in town, I gotta make a change to my style on the vehicle. That is why I want to do this, to be different. :wink:
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

The Streets are brilliant!
Guerrilla Kop

He is absolutely amazing. I like all the songs except for "Don't Mug Yourself".
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

My brother is a DJ, and he does similar stuff to that guy! unique rapping!
Guerrilla Kop

Very unqiue, that is why I like his music. He raps about stuff that some rappers, mostly Murder Inc and Cash Money, should rap about. Don't get me wrong, I love rap, but a lot of them should try and rap about other things besides money, girls, and cars.
M®. £üñ¢hßØx
WetDogx2

Post by M®. £üñ¢hßØx »

I absolutely love the Streets. The man is simply brilliant. And "Sharp Darts" is bar none the strangest song I'd ever heard in my life, and I love it to death. The album's just great.

And unless Tactical Police Demolition Unit is from Illinois too, I'm probably the only guy in my state with the album, too. :smile:
HAHA OMG I NEVR KNO WUT 2 PUT IN THIS THINGS!!11 LOLZ!111 OMG FUXXORZ IM BAD AT HTIS
Guerrilla Kop

I can't wait until he makes another album.
Noodlez
road raged psycho

Post by Noodlez »

dear god man, Jeeps are for off road use. not looking like oh nevermind I don't wanna start anything :smile:
Guerrilla Kop

Just give me credit for thinking differently from everyone else. All the others use their Jeeps for off-roading, but that isn't me. I more street than off-roader. At least I'm not trying to be like all of the others who owns a Jeep. :beer:
Mustang
Hot Sexy Man Beast

Post by Mustang »

ok im not sure if you can read the electronic circut symbols thingos but im not using heaps anyway

you'll need:

- a can a beer

- a keg of beer

ok on my diagrame the red stuff is if it need and you remove to blue wire if so

if your not sure on how your going to put this into the car i can draw you pictures of how i would do it

lol you have to open the attachment - first time i loaded something off my computer :grin:

proof you learn something at school :rofl:
Guerrilla Kop

Thanks again, Mustang :beer:
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

'K, Kop... Far as I know those neon undercar lights are illegal in all 50 U.S. states for use ON the road.

That's not saying ya can't light 'em up when you're sitting in a parking lot-but that's like hanging a sign on yer windshield that reads: Hey you! Cop over there! Roust me! I double dare you! (but then if yer friends with the cops it's no big deal).

You oughtta try looking in the swap sheets or at flea markets for the cheap kits. Just make sure ya get something that's gonna be easily replaceable in case ya bust one or burn it up.

Buddy o' mine got his on EBay cheap from somebody who was disgusted with them.

Make sure you wire them all in PARALLEL (all the +'s together and all the -'s together leading to one hot wire and onre ground wire going to a switch and the battery pos. (Use a relay as switches can eventually get crunchy and cause resistance which causes heat which leads to those goddamn annoying fires that are a bastard to put out...) and you can ground the circuit anywhere it's convenient on the body such as running each negative wire directly from each light straight to a grounding lug on the body (you'll hafta drill a few small holes in the underside of the panels where they can't be seen). Use a medium gauge wire depending on the number of lights-although current draw shouldn't be much-just add up the total amps each light pulls and figure your wire cauge based on that, but if they're anything like the other low-voltage DC lights I've seen, they dont amount to any draw to worry about-just don't leave 'em on all night :smile:

I recommend running all your hot wires inside that plastic "spaghetti" conduit to protect them from water and flying shit and from rubbing on the car anywhere and shorting out (Not a pretty event-car fires truly suck).

Fuse your hot wire (Or use a circuit breaker-even better as you then only have to find the fault ande reset it, and it's always a good idea to use one of those fog light relays-just so if ya happen to develop a short, ya only fry part of the circuit, not the harness all the way into the dash.

Most auxiliary lighting I install is activated off a relay wired to the left headlight 'low beam' or left parking light hot lead, that way the auxiliary lighting only comes on with the lights-Then yer less apt to leave them on by accident and who the hell can see them in the daylight anyways?

Or you could wire them to a relay on a fused igniyion accessory terminal on your fuse block so they go off when you turn the key off, but will work on 'accessory' position-Nice to have a kill switch if something goes wrong.

Seal the ends with silicone to keep water out. (Turns all your wires this nasty green) (just a big gob on each end of the tubing).

When ya get it together, ya gotta take a pic and post it-I'm curious what a street Jeep looks like...all the yokels around here got 'em up on big 44's with deer spotters and crap on 'em (but god forbid they ever drive 'em OFF THE ROAD!).

:smile: Oughtta be interesting.
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Guerrilla Kop

Cool, thanks, Deep_Blue. I'm trying to contact one of my cop friends to see what he says about the lights. He will probably tell me they are illegal. If they are, then I won't buy them. :smile:
-[ Raven-X ]-
kill boss

Post by -[ Raven-X ]- »

And they mock me for beeing a riceboy... mwhahaha...

*just points and laughs*

and fuck, on a jeep? hehe..

Though i could be helpfull and saying there a new nice kits out there that use 1 tube for about every colour, and also have these tubes do other funky colour combo's and such.. instead of having 4 tubes with only 1 colour.

But everyone here says i'm never helpfull and such.. so i'll hush and won't say what brand it is :lol:
- Straight From My Realm Of My Underground Madness!! -
Mustang
Hot Sexy Man Beast

Post by Mustang »

put a 350 or 351 or 420 HEMI!!! in the bonnet - then it would be to cool for fluro lights

always i reading about this guy put battiers in the boot (trunk i think is what you call it) to run his hydrolics but you will not get them recharged unless you run wire from the altornator into the boot on to the battiers :yingyang:
Reno
hit n run

Post by Reno »

Commenting on what Deep Blue said about getting a 'cheap kit' incase you break it or burn it out, With the StreetGlow kits I showed you, you get a no hassels LifeTime Warranty, no matter how it breaks they will replace it for you just like that, you could get pissed off and throw it accross the garage and break it.... they will still replace it... well... I think you get my drift now anyway, heh.
Guerrilla Kop

Thanks a lot everyone, I just hope that I get a answer soon to see if they are legal or illegal in my town. :beer:
-[ Raven-X ]-
kill boss

Post by -[ Raven-X ]- »

Streetglow is out! :lol:

Be trendy and buy Plasmaglow...

Also, why care if they're legal or not? people over here don't... just have to watch out not to have them on while cops are close..
Guerrilla Kop

How expensive is plasmaglow lights? If they are around the same price, then I might go with them instead. :thumbsup:

If I'll definitely turn them off while driving through neighborhood areas, but I don't see why it matters through town. It shouldn't, as long as I don't disturb the peace, I should do alright with them.
Reno
hit n run

Post by Reno »

Plasmaglow are still just under car Neons like StreetGlow (it ain't anything special just cause of the word 'Plasma' is in the name) only StreetGlow is better quality, much Stronger and has a lifetime no hassel, change it nomatter what happened warranty, Raven is just being a Bitch
-[ Raven-X ]-
kill boss

Post by -[ Raven-X ]- »

Sure, Rave knows nuthing about al that ricer / FnF stuff you lot allways mock and such :smile:

Dude i own a "styled" Honda.. Now i don't consider myself one of those riceboy's and god knows what all you call it.. But i do see the stuff you can buy to make your car look like one.. thus this too.

Anywho, Plasmaglow is better because it uses led lights (streetglow is only 1 lightube). So it can handle like 10 colours in 1!! tube. Streetglow can only handle one shitty colour. Plasmaglow can also do funky colour combo's like i said. For about the same price as Streetglow if i remember corectlly.. Now i don't know to much bout this stuff, because i don't care for it that much..

2 movies, not to good quality but you get the idea:

1st small movie (200kb MPEG)

2nd movie (1,34mb AVi)

Last one is DivX btw. (www.divx.com)

Image Image

So in short what i'm trying to say, If you want funky looking original stuff, go for this..

If you want boring 1 colour looking unoriginal brand tubes... Go for Streetglow..

There, i jibbered enough on this subject...

So Reno, you're the person beeing wrong when saying it's just a diff name, and for the rest the same as streetglow. Do some research before you spout bollox..

I do look like a nerd now, knowing all this.. lol.. bah!

Ohw, and if this jibberish still isn't enough, i could give you a list of more reason Plasmaglow is better..
Reno
hit n run

Post by Reno »

Kid.... I've been in the Import scene since I knew what a car was!, White Rear clusters does not = 'styled', lmfao, that poor excuse for a car doesn't mean shit. If you care to look at thoes movies properly, you will notice the floor is polished, so ofcourse what light they do produce is gonna get carried on and reflected to make it look brighter! As for the gif and the 2 PT pics, open them up in a imaging program and check the layers, they have been edited, so before you go spouting your shit back at me... make sure YOU get it right.
Guerrilla Kop

Alright, thanks for the info. That car looks pretty tight with the engine glowing like that.
Mustang
Hot Sexy Man Beast

Post by Mustang »

but a rice car will do the 1/4 mile in about 10 with NOS - showing my a crappy ness of a 4

but downunder we have street legal mustangs, torana (shitty little holden which can hold a huge V8) that are super charged or blowen and can do the 1/4 mile in about 8 second WITHOUT NOS

but the because and these people with rices have to resolt to illegal street racing because they couldn't HACK it on a real strip with a Tree. two guys were kill in this blowen Ford Hotrod but the car wasn't in a beyoned repair state like when a rice car can't stop his car and goes up the back a of hemi :rockon:
Guerrilla Kop

They are illegal, you're right DB. Maybe I might find a site that sells those spinning hubcaps instead. I really want to make my Jeep stand out; as you all can tell. :wink:
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

hmm... here in sweden the Florcent lights are illegal to have switched on while driving... but if its a show of somekind (a official, that means that the police knows about it) then yr alowed to have them on... aslong as ya dont drive fast
"One chicken in a thousand is hatched near a road. One in every ten thousand of those ever tries to cross it. Half of them are run over by cars."
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Yeah, Kruszchev, that's what I meant when I told Kop they were illegal in the States...Switched on while driving. I know Connecticut, where I live has pretty strict laws on customizing vehicles.

Here's some of what they say in an FAQ:

Frequently Asked Questions on Customizing Vehicles

Is it legal to have after market lighting on my car?

Any motor vehicle equipped wth after market lighting, other than supplied by the manufacturer, must comply with certain regulations for the State of Connecticut. As specified in Sections 14-137-100 through 14-137-104 of the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Regulations manual.

What are the allowable colors for my after market lighting?

Any light visible from a motor vehicle should be the following:

- Any light visible from the front of the vehicle shall be white,

yellow or amber.

- Any light visible from the forward most edge of the rear tire

of the vehicle to the front of the vehicle shall be amber or yellow.

- Any light visible from the forward most edge of the rear tire

of the vehicle to the rear of the vehicle shall be red.

- Any light visible from the rear of the vehicle shall be red or amber.

(Effective July 25, 1994)

Can I have underbody neon lights if they are shatterproof?

To date none of the manufacturers of neon lamps have certified the color and intensity of their product. If they were to become certified then the color would be limited by the location but white, amber or yellow, and red is the only allowable colors to be displayed while operated on the road in accordance with DMV Regulation 14-137-101.

Can I have neon hubcaps or wheel covers?

Hubcaps and/or wheel covers also fall under the same specification as neon lights. However, only amber or yellow would be allowed on the front wheels and only red would be allowed on the rear wheels to comply with DMV Regulations 14-137-101.

Can I have in addition to my headlights, neon bars that don’t go on with the headlights, but are hooked up separately?

None of the manufacturers of neon lamps have certified the color and intensity of their product. The addition of not more than two auxiliary driving lamps, passing lamps, or fog lamps producing white or amber light is allowed provided that they are mounted at a height in accordance with Connecticut General Statute (CGS) Sec. 14-96o. In addition, in accordance with CGS Sec. 14-96y there may be no more than four lamps exceeding 300 candlepower illuminated at the front at any one time. This means that if the headlamp system has two lamps on each side illuminated at any time then the auxiliary lamps must extinguish automatically. Furthermore, any auxiliary lamps of over 300 candlepower must only illuminate with the tail lamps and may not be independent for use on the road. Any additional lamps of less than 300 candlepower must produce amber or yellow or white light.

Are strobe lamps on my headlights and taillights legal?

Strobe lamps may only be utilized in operation on the road with a DMV issued permit that is issued only for specific reasons identified in CGS Sec. 14-96p and Sec. 14-96q. Since some parking lots are considered public access this prohibition would also apply. If your vehicle were used indoors at shows, the operation of strobe lamps at that location would not be regulated by the DMV.

Is it legal to have hydraulic shocks to raise and lower the car?

No one has yet presented a hydraulic raising and lowering system on a vehicle that complies with Connecticut DMV Regulations Sec. 14-137-24 and 14-137-25 regarding automotive suspension systems. All hydraulic systems presented either eliminated the shock absorber or were attached to a portion of the vehicle structure that was too weak and both these types of installation would be prohibited.

Are airbag shocks legal to raise and lower the car?

Various types of air suspension systems would be allowed to raise or lower a vehicle as long as the minimum ground clearance of four inches is maintained. The replacement components must also meet or exceed the quality and performance standards established by the vehicle manufacturer. The installation of the replacement components should not effect the safe operating characteristics of the vehicle.

Are glass pack mufflers legal?

Per Sec. 14-80a-1a through 14-80a-10a of the DMV Regulations for "Glass Pack Mufflers" it is based on the loudness of the vehicle measured in accordance with the DMV Regulation. The loudness is affected not only by the mufflers utilized, but also by any engine modifications. There can be two different vehicles with the same exhaust system, however, they may have different engine modifications. One of the vehicles will pass the noise level measurement test and the other vehicle may not.

What are the height requirements my car can be?

The height requirements are contained in DMV Regulations Sec. 14-137-25, which states “Height Adjustment Limitations."

What is a composite vehicle?

A composite motor vehicle is by statute, "Any motor vehicle, composed or assembled from the several parts of other motor vehicles, or the identification and body contours of which are so altered that the vehicle no longer bears the characteristics of any specific make of motor vehicle." Therefore, any vehicle not assembled by a manufacturer licensed as such in the State of Connecticut is classified as a composite motor vehicle.

Before a compostie vehicle can be registered, it must pass a special composite vehicle inspection, which will be done in the Wethersfield DMV only. To schedule an appointment, please contact our Telephone Center.

Can I tint my windows to black?

No. In accordance with CGS Sec. 14-99g, the side and rear windows may be tinted to the point where at least 35% light transmitted can still be transmitted through the window as darkened, provided that the reflectivity does not exceed 27% reflectivity.

Note: Persons with medical conditions can obtain a permit for tinted windows to the level where only 20% of the light transmitted thought the window is tinted. The windows to the rear of the driver on trucks, buses, multipurpose passenger vehicles or MPV's (a.k.a. SUV's), trailers and mobile manufactured homes are exempt from the light transmissibility requirements.

Connecticut car customizers "customarily" choose to ignore this tho. :smile:

***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Guerrilla Kop

I got information from a cop in my town that they are legal as long as I don't use the lights on publics roads, that means that I will be able to turn them on in a parking lot. I was also told that hydraulics were the same way, but I'm not sure if I have enough for both. :rockon:

Check who’s online