Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Bad?!

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Alan
Honkey

Bad?!

Post by Alan »

Hello! Salutations etc! I just thought I'd alert the general public with regards to not using #Carmadeggon on MIRC if you'd like to have fun as it doesnt go over well with some people (Noodlez). You will apparently be kicked out then banned for no apparent reason (by Noodlez). It may seem nightmare-like but it's true enough! It happened to myself this evening! And I've never done anything to piss anyone off and have helped plenty of people in fact! So be careful out there, some people just dont like others to have fun.. Shame! :sad:
Econobrick
Stucco

Re: Bad?!

Post by Econobrick »

now, I know what most people will think of this, but I must say that I was going to write something along the lines of this post (but lacking guts, I couldn't go through with it :smile: ) For you see, I was at the chat the same time as Alan was and was also kicked & banned!
Noodlez
road raged psycho

Post by Noodlez »

Well how about that 2 cry babies, #Carmageddon (on irc.slashnet.org) is not a lets come talk about Carmageddon the game chat place. Sure it might have been 4 years ago but this is now not then. (not to mention a new network) It's a place where good friends (most of witch came from the carma world) hang out. Sure we are normally glad to have a carma player there hell we keep random_monkey (as rm r0x's) however if you are gonna come to are place and come in and spout off random bullshit there time after time then yes it's bye bye. If your looking for Carmageddon chat there is a Carmageddon newsgroup, and DTD has a chat thing (mocks) as well as a few others I think.

(note I surely don't speak for everyone so...)
Alan
Honkey

Post by Alan »

Cry baby? And all that after I gave you a 5 star rating! Some people..
Econobrick
Stucco

Post by Econobrick »

who are you to look down on us? what have you done that makes you so important? as far as i know all you've done has been lame with such actions as banning people from a seemingly "anything goes" chatroom and haven't done one damn thing for this so-called community.
Noodlez
road raged psycho

Post by Noodlez »

Way to show maturity and start and augment. What I have done is not in question here, but I have done a few cracks and hacks for c1 ages ago, I got the chance to work with Jon V on carmageddon.com before it was bought up, I worked with Viper in doing Carma Garage witch then turned into the biggest carmageddon site (Carma City, witch was it's downfall). Was a mod for the CWA (witch I hated and gave up) While I may not toss out a car or something that doesn't mean I haven't contributed. Anyway this is all about pointless and this shall be my final comment on the matter
Alan
Honkey

Post by Alan »

Hello! OK I accept your apology! That wasnt so hard now was it? :tongue: :grin: :lol:
Econobrick
Stucco

Post by Econobrick »

i did infact write a post sayin' i was taking this too seriously...but i deleted it to see what would follow. :smile:

i know it sounds like a lie but it's "the god's" truth!

so, yes this whole thing is pretty dumb.
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

TIMMY!!!
Hatebreed
cÃrmÃkÃze

Post by Hatebreed »

yeah, that's pretty fucking stupid, reminds me of the time i was banned from some place for a similar dumb-ass reason:

i was once banned from nascar.com's message board because i used the word 'penis'. apparently the moderator was a middle-aged, god-fearing, mother-of-4-beautiful children type, and thought that words such as 'penis' and 'gawd awful' are trashy and distasteful. can you believe that? ah, fuck it, the only reason i went there was to bash other drivers and dumb-ass fans :grin:
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

'hell we keep random_monkey (as rm r0x's)'

AWW!

/me blushes and licks noodz
random_monkey
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

Um, what?? I don't use IRC, and maybe I don't understand its ways... but that doesn't sound right. Perhaps you need to change the name of your channel, hmm? *Grins* and hey, Alan and Econo are great, both have certainly helped me a lot.

-----------

"Mommy, can I have a #carmageddon?" Oh wait, I don't want one!

I hope that's clear. And before you spout off some shit, I'm not really bothered, and like most people here... I could do this all day. Bout time there was another one, probably.
matt
im new, be gentle

Post by matt »

Heh noodz you elitist bastard you :wink:

you people take things way too seriously for the channel to go an a few hours without someone being kicked is a rarity, I'll admit its an effort to into the swing but if you bear through it in my opinion its worth it, if you can get past ratty's rapings and the kickings, it's all just words on a screen, but once you're not the new guy i'd say it's quite a decent place to hang online, but then I've not been overly active there with work.

I never recalled either alan or econo having an active prob in fact I have respect for both of you, the only things I do note is coming in and saying nothing, which often invokes a kick poke from someone whether they're trying for a response or whatnot is down to the individual person. It's not everyone tho I will admit.

I dont think there's a single person in the chan who doesnt have direct access to op, everyone is on the same status thereabouts (and when not displaying op'age, they can easily op themselves). Well except maybe UGM who just made a reappearance as a recovering criminal (see, rap does warp your mind :wink:)

Noodz right though if you're there expecting conversation about carma you might be in for a dissapointment, there's hasnt been a hardcore carma conv. in about 18months, but in the years before that, the channel churned out many hacks and addons that will just never be seem it makes me feel like its a shame for those of you who would have liked them, hell we even got a custom map exported for tdr within days.

I wouldnt say it was too difficult to join (ask bandit and dark), id be more inclined to say it;s an acquired taste to want to be there, but it's a poor excuse for leavin the house anyway, well except the pyromanical weekends at errol's place which i missed last time :sad:

yap yap yap etc just dont take it personally I'd say, well noodz might well have meant it personally so I only talk for myself :smile:
Alan
Honkey

Post by Alan »

Hello! Thanks Lumberjack! I still say there was no reason to kick us out and ban us. If people got booted for having fun who'd want to be there, blah. Back to the garage... :crazy:
-[ Raven-X ]-
kill boss

Post by -[ Raven-X ]- »

hell we even got a custom map exported for tdr within days.

And it still amuses me to see Beroc trying to get that done and to see all his little TDR yuppie followers praising him for trying and praying he's gonna make it work.

hahaha, if they only knew :wink:
- Straight From My Realm Of My Underground Madness!! -
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Post by Mad Max RW »

And it amuses me how no-one gives a flying fuck what you say. :P
Savage-Elve
road raged psycho

Post by Savage-Elve »

I dont know what alll this shit is about, but I think both Alan an Econo have my respect for what they have done and still do.

Don't shoot me, i'm just the piano player.
Alan
Honkey

Post by Alan »

Thanks Savage-Elve! You do some great work! I've got many of your cars in my game! That steamroller thing is the best, along with the DAF rig, that city bus, etc! Excellent stuff there! :smile:
The_Devils_Avocado
motorised death

Post by The_Devils_Avocado »

heh. If you hadn't said it, i would
PumaY2K
Fuck Off.

Post by PumaY2K »

I only have to say that #carmageddon is quite fuckin fun :smile:
PumaY2K out.

-[ Raven-X ]-
kill boss

Post by -[ Raven-X ]- »

Whats that gottha do with anything? I never said that anyone should care.

But obviouslly you 2 little kids do =)

Seeing you take the effort to make a reply to it :lol:
Buzz
road raged psycho

Post by Buzz »

why does matt always sound like hes 50
Hatebreed
cÃrmÃkÃze

Post by Hatebreed »

im' goin to start my own mirc to talk about anything thefuck we want! free beer for everyone1 even noodles! because everyone deserves a free beer!!
matt
im new, be gentle

Post by matt »

<blockquote>why does matt always sound like hes 50 </blockquote>

because I type like my fingers have diarrhoea and the colostomy bag is full? :tongue:
Savage-Elve
road raged psycho

Post by Savage-Elve »

Thanks Alan. I saw a screenshot of a nice blue skin for the DAF truck. It looks nice, very 1950's. I'm currently fixing some bugs in the steamroller (with the grooves)

Don't shoot me, i'm just the piano player.
Alan
Honkey

Post by Alan »

Hello! Hi again Savage Elve! I had done a rusty blue skin of the DAF truck kinda quickly. It just looks more appropriate covered in rust and grime. Cool, I want to get that new steamroller when its done, its one tough machine! :smile:
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

ROFLMAO @ Rave and Max and alla resta ya jamokes.. Now THIS kinda crap is what made me drop in here in the first place :lol:

Ah, the 'cameraderie' I mentioned a goodly while back-at any given moment I can land in here and witness at least half of everybody whopping everybody else upside the head....I know some of ya are neighbors in whatever country ya live in so half the time I don't understand just what the fuck yer talkin' about-But it sure is damn funny listenin' to ya's hash it out.

Y'know, Sometimes methinks this is what's gonna destroy this community (Well, what I know of it, anyways...I haven't been here as long as the vets..) eventually-but then I remember that this kinda shenanigans is prolly what keeps it together..heh..

(Well, that and the fresh blood and new cars that're happenin from time to time and now again people are talkin' tracks...).

I could never get sick o' this place....

***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
PumaY2K
Fuck Off.

Post by PumaY2K »

Yeah... I second whatever DB sez :smile:
PumaY2K out.

-[ Raven-X ]-
kill boss

Post by -[ Raven-X ]- »

Thats because you never have your own opinion Puma.

And DP, thats "people without lives" not Vets :wink:
Takeshi666
turbo bastard

Post by Takeshi666 »

Thats because you never have your own opinion Puma.
Deep_Blue = Dracula,

Puma = Renfield?

"Yesssss, massster!"
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

Um... yes. Ok then. So Alan, is this the most you've ever posted in one thread here? And Raven's certainly right about the vets thing. Although personally I only operate on sheep... *grins sick Welsh grin* nah j/k, but twas a funny joke... ish.
Alan
Honkey

Post by Alan »

Hello! Yes, you're right! I'll shut up. :crazy:
PumaY2K
Fuck Off.

Post by PumaY2K »

heh... not really... I didnt even read DBs reply... I was just kidding :lol:
PumaY2K out.

Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

Hehe, I'm sure its a good thing, stay and make lo- I mean, um... contributions! Eheheheh... ok.

Check who’s online