Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Alliance?

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Alliance?

Post by Lumberjack »

I just wanted to point something out. Although I wasn't around at the time, as I gather this CWA was set up as a way for webmasters to promote their sites. The banner system was introduced, correct? Well, how can you possibly call this forum the CWA, if that banner is now gone? Just something to ponder...
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Re: Alliance?

Post by Kruszchev »

hmm... i agree to lumberjack...

I havent been active on cwa untill a halfyear ago... Ive been wondering that also, that "webmasters allinace" part... But then there would be that to change the name to something else like what (it should sound something thats not to boring... like "carma fourm" or something)

that was a totaly unnesesary post from me... but :grin:
"One chicken in a thousand is hatched near a road. One in every ten thousand of those ever tries to cross it. Half of them are run over by cars."
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

I think the point was: put the banner back in! Also, maybe we could use a small button rotation thing to put on all our sites. I mean, it's only small, and never looks out of place. Besides, we all have the CWA logo on our sites anyway. We could replace that with the rotating thing. I propose a new alliance!
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

souds so mutch better to me
"One chicken in a thousand is hatched near a road. One in every ten thousand of those ever tries to cross it. Half of them are run over by cars."
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

Thank you.
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

yes
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

What do you mean, rotaty thing?
random_monkey
PumaY2K
Fuck Off.

Post by PumaY2K »

let him be... I didnt understand either :lol:... just bring the banner back...
PumaY2K out.

C2 Scientist
jaywalker

Post by C2 Scientist »

Lumberjack, how did you have only 1 star?? That ain't right... anyway, I voted, now you have two more. :smile:

I wondered the name of this site too... webmasters? Well, I've used to it now.
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

Fuck knows! Newbies don't understand, and it was probably one of them *points finger*. Thanks Puma... but actually, I'm talking about... you know those little buttons most of us have made for our sites? Well, we use a cgi script to rotate those, and all display it on our sites... anyway that was only a suggestion, the point was about the banner here (which incidentally is the same thing, just bigger).
matt
im new, be gentle

Post by matt »

Go for it! revolt! revolt! REVOLT!

The CWA has been an extremely poor excuse for an 'alliance' for the last few years anyway, it features ridiculous censorship and barriers, and very little democracy.

Then again the basis of being allowed to promote your site as you wish hasnt much changed [within the realms of not being considered spam maybe, which again is a matter of opinion], a point which was directly related to the inception of the cwa for anyone who doesnt remember. The banner script was exceeeeedingly poor and poorly maintained IMO. The CWA was undergoing a change into a complete Carma portal to be more supportive of the community, but no one has the motivation or time.

I personally find myself having very little interest anymore, aside from the more indepth carma2 analysis and experimentations which would have rocked say 2 years ago i'm reading less and less of the threads.

Anyway, I quit moderatorship now, i suggest you democratically vote for a replacement (that was always something i wanted to see) who currently has the interest we all once did, dont be fobbed off with a suggested replacement! :smile: if you wanted banner rotation script thats easy peasy php with an admin panel too, and i may be right in thinking a button rotation as was suggested should be easy enough too, especially if external files can included with virtual includes, but thered be other ways around it anyway, if you needed any scripting id be happy to help drop me a line [url=mailto:m.att@ntlworld.com">m.att@ntlworld.com[/url] when you sort out what your after.

Bubye.
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

TIMMY!!!
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

Um, that was a little unexpected... yes, I know it would be pretty simple to sort out the scripts. That's no problem at all in fact. But I think this needs some kind of discussion. As to a replacement moderator... I think 2 is surely enough. I never understood the need for 3 in the first place. Perhaps the script was poorly maintained, who hosted that? Anyway, I don't want to be blamed for this. Well, I'm not sure whether anyone is up for a new alliance, but, well, get in touch. I don't check here too often when I'm back at uni, so... you know my email, it's in my sig.
PumaY2K
Fuck Off.

Post by PumaY2K »

lol... your right lj... those noobs are the ones that vote 1 star for us veterans... just because you show them how stupid they are :lol:
PumaY2K out.

Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

Indeed. But hey, I only usually do that for the ones that appear stupid. For example, C2 scientist did not appear stupid. It's not my fault newbies ask such stupid questions. No offense to any newbies who aren't stupid! Now, as a Raven kinda thing... I don't care what the newbies rate me! And... its true, I do feel like a veteran.
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

Hey, am a kind of newbie, but I have rated all the car makers a 5! because its brilliant the cars you release and I appericate it :grin:
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

Well I'm sure we all appreciate it! I get the impression you're a big bod in some other community...
matt
im new, be gentle

Post by matt »

In response to the why 3 mods comment, the more mods would for one in theory lead to a more diverse outlook when making decisions, with opinions, I'd normally suggest that the method for appointing mods would go against this because the existing mods could be reluctant in selecting someone with different opinions to themselves, but i feel beast showed this, even though i initially declined, wasnt necessarily the case when he asked me to mod because we have had quite some big disagreements of opinion over the time have we not beast :smile:

Also i'd say out of the mods that Deep Blue was the best suited for the job at the moment, as i wouldn't really have considered myself or beast overly active (opinion from my impressions). A mod with enthusiasm and love for what s/he does is worth a dozen sideliners, a voted mod could give you a fairer representation in decision making (reason why i always tried to make a thread before a decision to let you decide/have a say in your choices).

Hell, if you've got ideas and determination LJ why not standup as a candidate if there isnt enough interest in a new alliance, at least then you could see if people share your vision for how it should be and be able to do something about it :smile:
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

My vision is shrouded, I was only asking for ideas, not a vote of no confidence! I agree about DB, but it can be said that sometimes he isn't around... anyway, I hadn't actually thought this whole thing through, I find that the best (and most democratic of course) way to do that here is to throw it open to everyone, and then the collective has an idea. After all, 'alliances' are formed by a collective.
Beroc-Lord of Destruction
road raged psycho

Post by Beroc-Lord of Destruction »

Lets see.... In order to be apart of the Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance, roughly, I had to ask permission, display a CWA logo on my site, and give a link to a banner for my site.... Also, it was asked of me to make sure all my links were good, and everything.

Now... since my comming on to the CWA, I have made sure that all of everything, well most everything is up to snuff and the links are all ok. My conetent, other then a few nasty words by Hellspawn occasionally has been pretty clean as well. I kinda keep my nose clean, and stick to things that newbies and kids can look at on the site, cos after all most of the real fanbase is young kids, or older guys who refuse to migrate to something new. Which is kinda where I am.

Me, and my group, display the CWA logo, proudly. I realize that however, LOD has probably grown a little larger then other sites, and is quite popular now... I don't post huge numbers as far as hits are concerned, but I think that most of the time people come to my site and get something out of it. The CWA forum, actually has served my purpose, and having the small gif on my site to link from isnt a huge deal.

That all being said, My "commitment" to CWA is roughly complete. I would like to see on the board more stuff people are doing.... I realize that I havent posted a pic on the board for a while, so I will do that for released cars, as I produce alot of stuff for preview on my site. Course, if I posted previes on CWA no one would need to come to my site... :wink:

All I ask from the board is a little support now and then, a good word, and quit behaving like children.
PumaY2K
Fuck Off.

Post by PumaY2K »

Well, thanx a lot n3wton... Im glad you think like that (and thanx for my 5 stars :grin:)
PumaY2K out.

Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Heh, Nice to hear from ya, LJ :smile: I was wonderin' where ya went to.

I try to be here as often as I can, but lately I've been under my cars more than I've been on here-that and my 13 y/o daughter has discovered the telephone in a major way so I constantly have to get in pissing matches with her as to when I can get a free line.

I ain't bailin' out, though-No way-not unless I get canned, anyways.

My repairs to my vehicles are almost done and I got some new C1/C2 stuff in the works. Just gotta get the time to finish them up now..

Did I read that post correctly, Matt? You movin' on??

***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

No worries mate. So you have some projects in the lineup? Heh, I'm saying lineup, that's the surfer in me talking! Nevermind that. Where did I get to? I just came to uni mate, that's all... oh yes, and have exams these next 2 weeks, that'll be fun.

So Beroc, what were you suggesting of the board? Some promotion for your site? Uh, isn't that the point of posting previews? Also, you say you display the CWA logo proudly, but really that's just to say that you are part of the group here. You don't display it in the way the founders of this would have. To them it meant a lot more, I'm sure, and served a purpose too. This is why I request the banner be put back on.
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

Jump bumping it... I fancy a reply or two... and I hear Beroc changed his approach...

Check who’s online