Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Mad Max: Fury Road

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Mad Max: Fury Road

Post by Mad Max RW »

The 4th Mad Max movie was officially announced today by all sorts of news channels, papers, online sites, and everybody else. It's called "Fury Road" directed by George Miller and will, without a doubt, star Mel Gibson. He's getting paid $25 million for it and filming will begin in May. Oh, and it's taking place in Australia. :P

Here's a CNN article that covers just about everything: http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/Movies/ ... index.html

http://www.ananova.com/ has a good set of articles, as well.
C2 Scientist
jaywalker

Re: Mad Max: Fury Road

Post by C2 Scientist »

No wonder why you are posting this. :crazy:
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Post by Mad Max RW »

Many of the people here are fans of Road Warrior and I think they'd appreciate this.
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

Cant Wait!!!
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

mad max 4 drool!!!! hope that explains it
"One chicken in a thousand is hatched near a road. One in every ten thousand of those ever tries to cross it. Half of them are run over by cars."
-[ Raven-X ]-
kill boss

Post by -[ Raven-X ]- »

As long as they don't commercialize/amercanize it. Like they did with James Bond and movies like that.
- Straight From My Realm Of My Underground Madness!! -
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

I agree to raven-x... that is just a lame way of getting money (why would they otherwise done that... hope i understood what ya ment correct)
"One chicken in a thousand is hatched near a road. One in every ten thousand of those ever tries to cross it. Half of them are run over by cars."
-[ Raven-X ]-
kill boss

Post by -[ Raven-X ]- »

Thats what i meant yeah. Nowadays they only try to get money from the name.
Tony
Ninja

Post by Tony »

Like everything else, right? It's all about the money.. always :sad:
-[ Growl Karaoke ]-[ Image ]-[ Abacorn ]-[ Portfolio ]-
Recent exploit: Trapped The Forces of Evil in a box.. and shaked it!
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Post by Mad Max RW »

George Miller has been working on the script for years. He created the character and would never want to ruin it. They came really close with Beyond Thunderdome. Although, Warner Bros. take all the blame for that. They forced Miller to make a Pg-13 movie, plus Byron Kennedy (producer) died in a helicopter crash while scouting for a filming location.

I have total faith Mad Max 4 will be awesome.
Mustang
Hot Sexy Man Beast

Post by Mustang »

i saw something about this on tv, one of those shows that show whats coming out soon.

it was one channel 10 i think, can't remember were i saw it. its going to be about mels son or something.

should be cool :cool:

Mad Max RW
motorised death

Post by Mad Max RW »

Nothing about the storyline was mentioned by anyone official, so what you heard on a television show was most likely bullshit. Max's son is one of the oldest rumors going. The only thing known about the script is Mel is starring in the lead role as Mad Max and that's all.
Hellspawn73
speed freak

Post by Hellspawn73 »

you guys thinkin at all here?!?!?...what's so wrong about commercialization???...that could be the coolest fuckin thing by today's standards compared to the previously released trilogy...ooooh let's see...it wasn't until recently (past year) that they actually came out with mad max action figures...when ever a sequal comes out its a chance to remarket previous material so ya might get to see digitally remastered and bonus material from the previous 3...and actually i do know of actual scenes that were shot for the first movie that were edited out but have never been released even on the new remastered mad max DVD. and better yet than action figures, cars, hotwheels, and bedsheets...anyone pause to think that this is also an opprotunity for them to make money off of a mad max video game.......Duuuhhhh. Nah,...I guess fuck it to that whole commercialize / americanize it. At least I know Beasty understands my mentality(the schiester!!! :lol:)
Hellspawn73
speed freak

Post by Hellspawn73 »

P.S.

....if anyone does see a set of Road Warrior bed sheets at Walmart would ya be kind enough to pick it up and send it to me.
-[ Raven-X ]-
kill boss

Post by -[ Raven-X ]- »

Just noticed the subtitle of the movie. And must say it sounds shit. Hope they change it to something more doomy sounding.
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Post by Mad Max RW »

It is a "working title" so I'd say it's bound to change. Beyond Thunderdome had a name change. I think it was originally called Desert World or something to that nature.

Oh, and the official "Mad Max The Road Warrior" game has been rumored for the past few years. It's almost a certainty it will be made.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Jeez I hope there's a "Road Warrior" Game coming out sometime...Hell-I'd even pay good cash money for that :lol: (Screw Warner Bros. I hadda go stick my head in the "thunderdome" after watching that abortion).
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

hope the game and specialy the movie WILL BE BETTER than "mad max thunderdome"... i didnt like that one at all :sad:
Takeshi666
turbo bastard

Post by Takeshi666 »

Actually, commercializing/americanizing movies is nowhere as bad as hollywoodizing them. (I guess I just invented a new word back there!)

I mean, did you know that they're going to make a Doom movie, but it'll be PG-13? PG-13! I mean, come on!

But yeah, who cares. Just as long as many people can see it = producers get more money, they don't give a shit. But if it comes out, I am NOT going to see it.

Goddamn hollywood.
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Post by Mad Max RW »

Yeah, that whole PG-13 Doom movie really bummed me out. It's gonna be made with the Doom 3 engine, too. I'm calling it a 2 hour commercial, because that's all it really is.
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

well i would also call it a very lame way to get money...

ive never seent the movie it would have been fun if they made a film by mounting a camera in front of the comp while they playd the game and then publish the movie on the market... whit some crappy comments like fu*k you (as its quite usual to hear those sentences on american films... i dont care that mutch... but when they made some movies they didnt have a specialy thick dictionary, only thoose kinds that contain words like... fuck you (and several diffirent styles, like fuck ya))

:grin:
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Kruszchev, That's because just about everybody in America these days who is under 30 talks that way all the time. Something to do with the "ghettoization" of American youth that began in the early '80s.

That crap never wore off-just got worse-now we got an entire generation that can't speak so the rest of us can understand them. (Or so the rest of us would actually care to listen to them..).

Blame the media for this, too. They've made a mint off of the dumbing down of America.

Personally, it makes me wanna puke-so, before I go off on a rant and offend everybody I'll shut up on the subject.....
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Post by Mad Max RW »

The blame falls entirely on Mtv's shoulders. I HATE that channel so god damn much. Every kid who watches that shit for whatever reason should be taken out in the street and shot in the back of the head executioner style.

For a perfect example of how Mtv effects kids just look at the GTA3 community. Or play any popular Half Life mod online. Gah!!!! I'm actually getting pissed off thinking about it.
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

haha... AGREED to 100% just take CS all yll hear about here (in schools here... gah hate that mod.... to tierd to hear about it)
Tony
Ninja

Post by Tony »

So it actually exists people who doesn't like CS. Have long thought I was the only one..
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Ya know? I've NEVER watched MTV after the very first time it was aired. I didn't like it then and I despise it now.

When I hear a new tune that I like- and there are damn few these days- to me, either the lyrics have to have some significance to me or the music has to be good enough so that the lyrics are basically optional. (In otherwords the tune would sound just as good as an instrumental).

I like stuff that "boogies" or just plain "rocks". I run my own 'music video' in my head-I don't need MTV's opinion of what I should see or think when I hear the music.

Remember "Yo! MTV Raps!"? Everybody tried to tell me in the 'ghetto-y-est' terms that I should really check it out.

Well, just for the hell of it, one day I did....the next day I was looking to buy a new TV 'cause it took me awhile to get my foot unstuck from the old one and that just pissed me off even more.

What the furkinell were they thinking?!?

Then came the 1-hour or so long anime toy commercials....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

Now they're gonna screw with Mad Max?!

Shit. I need a belt an' a smoke......

Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

Tony dont get killd (we CS "haters" are a close to be extinct... dont like that)

and to DB

that yo, thingies are they aliens?

sience i cant understand that a bit... it only pisses me of (specialy those "hood" (not the hoods on the cars) yo´s fu*k i hate them... specialy the talking type... hope i dont piss someone off now)
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

What the heck is "CS"? And Kruszchev, I'm not sure about the aliens, but that ghetto talk just irks the shit outta me. And the funny part is that most of 'em that speak that way are so damn concerned about 'respect', but they don't really act like they deserve any..I mean-how the hell can ya take somebody seriously who acts and speaks like an ignoramus on purpose?

(Anybody needs an example, just drop in on an AOL chat room where teens are present-you'll either laugh yourself stupid or laugh yourself stupid and become an english teacher). :lol:
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

DB CS equals Counter-strike... a very usual term for that here in sweden... thought the most peps new... anyway

if the yo thingies are aliens... thats what i mean... they hood/"gangster" talk is like alien language (how ever it sounds like... dont know... but this is as close is i can imagen at the moment) siece i dont understand anything... specialy that respect stuff... what i understand in terms of respect (fron a carma lovers angle)

Respect is

to standing in front of a truck thats comming against ya in 100mph (about 164kmh) and showing

1:the finger

2:pull yr pans down and shoing yr ass

3:chicken race against a truck (when ya know when yr going to be waisted)

(and if i was the truck driver and someone did any of the things above... i woudnt call it respect, only to be a fool :grin:)'

would want to have someone talking about respec (it pisses me off easily, to lisen to that) when im sitting in the truck (and im alowed to driver ower him, otherwise its not so fun after)... poor guy
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

OK, gotcha. That kinda talk is alien to me too.

What I meant by 'respect' was that the ebonics crowd makes a big deal about wanting to be respected, but it's really hard to take them seriously when they're spouting crap like "Yo waz up wit dat?

Why you call my ho a bitch? And every other word is 'mufucka'. To me-nuthin' funnier than a white rich kid with a Howdy-Doody face and jug ears with his hat on sideways flutterin' his hands like a spastic retard and trying his damnedest to act and speak like a poorly educated ghetto kid. And the really funny part is THEY ACTUALLY EXPECT YOU TO BELIEVE THAT THEY ARE THAT WAY AND TAKE THEM SERIOUSLY! Honestly...I just can't...I laugh so hard I go into coughing fits (damn cigarettes are gonna kill me)...

Really. After I get done laughing and coughing my head off and wiping the tears from my eyes from laughing so hard and just about suffcating myself, I just wanna stomp the crap outta them for sounding so STUPID on purpose!

And y'know what really amazes me??

Then they get all bent outta shape because I'm 'dissing' them..

Which starts the laughing/coughing fit all over again and by then I'm so out of breath and sore from cracking up that I can't bring myself to explain that the whole word is "disrespecting".

The female ebonics users are even funnier! I thought I was gonna need a defibrillator after the last one I had the misfortune of interacting with...what with all the pseudo-Hispanic accent and the chicken-like head movements and the index finger waving back and forth and all...I mean, if she was fat and ugly and had an afro or something I might be halfway convinced, but white, blonde, and western european looking with perfect teeth and dressed in Abercrombie & Fitch with a laptop comp slung over her shoulder? Nah... I just couldn't buy the act.

Respect is something that you can't get any of until you give it away youself.

It's kinda like money. You have to earn it.

Too many people think being respected is a god-given right. Like just for being here ya deserve it.

Sure, I think pretty much everybody deserves a certain amount of respect initially-at least some amount of civil courtesy just for being here.

That's what everybody should start out with, I think. "You're here and I acknowledge that fact and I won't be an instant asshole at ya 'cause ya don't deserve it" ('til ya prove me wrong-is my usual attitude, but I'm a hardass that way).

Too many people and sad to say a lot of the younger crowd believe that respect can be commanded thru fear and intimidation. (Hence the "gangster" crap).

To them I say: "Sorry boyo, Thermonuclear war intimidates me-not some snotnose kid who thinks his dick is long enuf to fuck with god."

Besides-they're not commanding respect-they're just asking for "diplomacy" from people younger or weaker than them. And everybody knows that "diplomacy" is just a way of saying "nice doggy" until you can find a rock.

autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

*L* you kill me DB!! why are you so hillarious!!??
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Post by Mad Max RW »

Most of this ebonics crap I see on tv and hear online. A lot of white kids use random words every once in a while that don't make sense, but at least I can understand them (for the most part). Or maybe I try to stay away from people younger than me because they make me sick. The people I really can't understand are all the blacks here in Hamden/New Haven. I was out today getting gas in the middle of New Haven (not my favorite place to be) and they were all yapping away like a bunch of bullshitters. And most of the time it isn't until a few minutes after I heard them do I think "What the HELL did they just say? You axed yo peeps fo uh nizzle??" And then I get pissed off thinking about it some more.

Music today is the same deal. None of it makes sense. Well, it makes sense that it sucks, but that's besides the point. Whenever somebody asks me what kind of music I like it's impossible to answer. People who say they generally like rap or rock or hard rock or heavy metal or whatever are liers. Because they know at least 90% of it is terrible. I can tell you a shit load of songs I like, but not a single category. They all fall under different categories to begin with. But, to me it's either good or bullshit.

Wait a second. This topic was about Mad Max 4. How did we get here? Ahh, forget it, I need sleep.
Tactical Police Demolition Unit
Guerrilla Kop

Post by Tactical Police Demolition Unit »

I use "Gangsta Slang" a lot, but I have no clue what that foolio was talking about. It's not about how you talk, it's about how you treat others. If you want respect from others then you should respect others.
Tony
Ninja

Post by Tony »

Don't you worry, Kruszchev, my friend. I will never.. go over.. to the DARK side!

Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

only so you know... (that starwars comment,,, imagen a black plastic helmet whit some serius astma saying) "dont underestimate the power of the dark side" (well he said something like that) :grin:

But other wise.... dot go ower to the dark CS side .... its evil i tell you!!!

Check who’s online