Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

GTA crash photos?

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

GTA crash photos?

Post by autopilot »

can someone with GTA3 get into some car wrecks and post some screen shots.. i want to get an idea of the crash psychics..

Im thinking of buying that game..

also how do you think it would work ok on my computer... ive got 650mhz, 64mb ram, a 8MB video card (Savage IX/ w MV)..

i think i saw on the box on minimum req.. like 700mhz 128mb ram.

i may upgrade my ram soon to 320 also..
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Re: GTA crash photos?

Post by Mad Max RW »

GTA3 would never run on your computer. By run, I mean a crappy framerate at the lowest possible resolution.
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

i thought so... oh well I'll stick to C2 then.

are the TDR graphics any better then C2?

not that i can find the game anywhere.. not even eBay
RavageWolf
hit n run

Post by RavageWolf »

Crash physics can be a little loopy at times. C2 is still abit better. Eh just go buy a used copy of GTA 3 at a game trader store. It's probably gonna be half price or less then if it's new.
Powdered Toast MAAAN!!
12 Cyl Symphony

Post by Powdered Toast MAAAN!! »

Yeah... by all means buy TDR and GTA3... get em used and get em cheap!! I always get games... even if they don't run. Just waiting to upgrade (3yrs now)...
-[ Raven-X ]-
kill boss

Post by -[ Raven-X ]- »

TDR, OMG!

:P
- Straight From My Realm Of My Underground Madness!! -
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Post by Mad Max RW »

Wow, the baby can talk.
CADster
turbo bastard

Post by CADster »

autopilot:

can someone with GTA3 get into some car wrecks and post some screen shots.. i want to get an idea of the crash psychics..

Im thinking of buying that game..

also how do you think it would work ok on my computer... ive got 650mhz, 64mb ram, a 8MB video card (Savage IX/ w MV)..

i think i saw on the box on minimum req.. like 700mhz 128mb ram.

i may upgrade my ram soon to 320 also..
GTA3 dont have 'crash phyisics' .. it uses object replacement.

TDR looks loads better then c2 after its graphics are tweaked.
Noodlez
road raged psycho

Post by Noodlez »

autopilot:

ive got 650mhz, 64mb ram, a 8MB video card (Savage IX/ w MV)
It's about time for a upgrade man, heck it's past time
AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

yeah, GTA3 physics plain suck, even TDR:2k physics are much better... the damage on gta3 cars is modelled, same way as in NFS:HS, only with detachables and smashables, but is the same unrealistic damage... get Mafia instead, they say is much better than gta3, but I haven't played it... 'cuz of my pc specs :P hehe, Noodlez, if you think Autopilot's specs are "past time", my pc got stuck in the time machine :P (PII 350, 128mb, Voodoo3 16mb PCI) you know what I mean
Noodlez
road raged psycho

Post by Noodlez »

Mafia is uber kewl, I love the fact you can get a flat tire, now that makes driveing a bit hard at times. Or loseing a tire all togather, well that pretty much stops you.

ADR, I guess it isn't so pad, I know someone that still pimps a cyrix P166+ and 64megs of ram with a cirruslogic 5446.
RavageWolf
hit n run

Post by RavageWolf »

Flat tire -> Interstate 76
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Post by Mad Max RW »

GTA Vice City supposedly has flat tires.
CADster
turbo bastard

Post by CADster »

vice city will be a huge improvement over GTA3. its still a far cry from the eyecandy of MAFIA !!!!

aside from it being a bitch to load, Mafia played great with not a single hiccup on my box.
DeathChamberNo9
mechanic

Post by DeathChamberNo9 »

You might want to check this out if you don't know much or anything about Vice City.

I can't wait - I do believe the first wave of pre-orders are already sold out... at least a lot of places are anyway..

NeoSeeker - Full Information on Vice City Thread
RavageWolf
hit n run

Post by RavageWolf »

Strangly I noticed that GTA3 handles more like GTA1 and 2.... (play w/ top down camera and you'll see)
The_Devils_Avocado
motorised death

Post by The_Devils_Avocado »

LOL ADR, you got exactly same specs as my old PC, same 3d-card and everything. Im runnin a Athlon 2200+xp with a ge-force 4 4600ti and 512mb Ram now. Evrything is so dreamy.
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

adr:: im surprised you bother to make such high polied/detailed carma cars with those specs. do you actually use em yourself? your game must be horribly slowed down if thats the case!
Slayer
hit n run

Post by Slayer »

mine is just as bad or worse, i gotta old celeron 366 with 64mb ram, the only newish thing in it is a ATI radeon 7500 card which has 32mb of DDR, but i still liked my old Voodoo3 3000 16megger better until it melted

Chrysler FIREpower:) crashoc
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Wow. 8 meg video card...I just trashed the system I was on a week ago that had a Trident Blade3D 8 meg card. I thought that was pretty good then on a 233MHz P1 with 64 mb Ram.

Last week somebody threw out a Dell Dimension PIII 600 MHZ with a SB Live! and ATI Rage Fury Pro card in it (16MB and on-board processor). Trashed the Dell mainboard-(can't afford Rambus RIMMS) and put a Standard Soyo slot 1 PIII board in that case and re-used the SB and the Rage cardand threw in a faster CD drive and a faster CD burner and 128Mb RAM.

Chucked in a 30GB HD and things are running a bit better now and I got room for stuff

(I got tired of having to dig thru a pile of backup CDs-I still back stuff up but now I can keep it on the hD a bit longer before shelving it.

Now- if my new comp is outdated,My OLD comp really was straight outta the wayback machine!

I store the old one next to the ancient TRS-80 L1 4k machine...you know-the one where you stored all your programs (written in BASIC on audio tape with the little tape recorder they gave ya with the comp.)

-Bill Gates, 1980:"4K ought to be enough for anybody."

[ October 20, 2002: Message edited by: Deep Blue ]
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

interstate 76.... classics... that game rocks, eaven if its just "a little" bit old.
"One chicken in a thousand is hatched near a road. One in every ten thousand of those ever tries to cross it. Half of them are run over by cars."
MuscleCarFreak
speed freak

Post by MuscleCarFreak »

Talking bout Mafia and GTA3:

I actually thought Mafia can't make more fun than GTA3, but than I played it and I really like it. It's not as "arcade" as GTA is, it has the most realistic physics since c2, I think. And "Lost Heaven" is the most realistic and living pc-game city I've ever seen.

What I always do in Mafia: If you do that "rescue the girl" mission in the extreme mode, you get a nice hot rod bonus car (looks a bit like the ZZ-top one, but with flames). With that one, I race around till I see the most little car in the game, than I take the thompson and shoot off all it's wheels. With some shots on the hood, it finally explodes.

If only Mafia would act in the year '76 like interstate, with all those muscle cars instead of those lame-ass oldtimers!
Aaron
turbo bastard

Post by Aaron »

Im runnin a Athlon 2200+xp with a ge-force 4 4600ti and 512mb Ram now.
...SUTTUP!!!
What's Carmageddon?
RavageWolf
hit n run

Post by RavageWolf »

Didn't want to start a new topic =P

Long time for this conversion...
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

go rear end that delivary type truck back there!
AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

autopilot:

adr:: im surprised you bother to make such high polied/detailed carma cars with those specs. do you actually use em yourself? your game must be horribly slowed down if thats the case!
Of course I use them! :P C2 runs waay much better in 3Dfx, and the fact that I tweaked a lot of aspects of the game to fit my specs makes the game playable even with my latest cars.

as for GTA3 and Mafia... damn! I need a new computer :P

Check who’s online