Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

If you could create the ultimate RPG…

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
aj142
pedestrian

If you could create the ultimate RPG…

Post by aj142 »

Don’t get me wrong. Final Fantasy, Morrowind, Zelda, Baldur’s Gate and on and on… I’m not complaining! These are amazing games. It’s just that I want to see more realism: same fantastic worlds and characters, but more fluid action with no interrruptions or cuts between scenes – as true to a real life experience as possible without sacrificing the fantasy. Does anybody agree with me? If you could design your own RPG for a next-gen. console, wouldn’t you want vehicles and aircraft and huge worlds to explore and characters that move and talk as naturally as in real life?
Junkpile
mindless

Re: If you could create the ultimate RPG…

Post by Junkpile »

As far as I'm concerned, the "ultimate" RPG already exist's. But, you won't find it out for any PC or gaming system. It's called a tabletop RPG. These digital RPG's make me sick. There is no trrue interaction as you would get sitting across the table from your teammate or opponent. Nor, is there any requirement to use your own imagination. They.ve done everything for you & you all flock to it like mesmerized zombie's! I'm sure that there are other tabletop RPGer's out there that agree with me. I'm also one to believe that if you don't work for something, you just CAN'T appreciate it as much as the one's that did.

There are multitudes of setting's & system's available for tabletop gamer's. I've played most of them. I was never happy with the setting's they give you as a template. So, I change them. That takes a lot more than an imagination & knowing how to read & write with you DRPG's. And, in the end, it isn't what you had imagined it to be.

I really am beginning to believe that the people's of this world are turning into drone's that are fearful of true interaction, devoid of imagination & alway's willing to follow the flock.

If you take this post as insulting, I don't care... Everyone is entitled to an opinion of their own & this is MINE! LOL Like it or not, here it is.

Dean
Peace & love, my Brotha... SPLAT!!!
Takeshi666
turbo bastard

Post by Takeshi666 »

Junkpile - Put short, "Go WH40K and D&D!", right?
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

Takeshi666:

Junkpile - Put short, "Go WH40K and D&D!", right?
Actually, I'm more into the Palladium system at this time... It has greater versatility than any system that I have come across as of yet.

Dean
Peace & love, my Brotha... SPLAT!!!
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Post by Mad Max RW »

bleh, the hell with fantasy RPGs. It's been done to death already. The best RPG for the computer is Fallout. I'd like to see that game and possibly Fallout 2 recreated in 3rd person with the most advanced 3d engine out there. No magic, no dragons, no bullshit. Take out any robot and laser gun references and it'll be the perfect game.
Takeshi666
turbo bastard

Post by Takeshi666 »

Palladium?

Sorry, I am not really into RPG's of any kind at all, I am mostly into action games. However, I WOULD be interested in RPG if it were 1st person...like Deus Ex or System Shock 2.
Powdered Toast MAAAN!!
12 Cyl Symphony

Post by Powdered Toast MAAAN!! »

Palladium? You bastard! You'd better not be on about the evil system Mr Gates is building to destroy all the fun we have on our computers?

Or a game? Which? Answer me you pansy! Why aren't you speaking?
aj142
pedestrian

Post by aj142 »

Takeshi666:

Palladium?

Sorry, I am not really into RPG's of any kind at all, I am mostly into action games. However, I WOULD be interested in RPG if it were 1st person...like Deus Ex or System Shock 2.
AMEN! Why don't they get a clue and blend games like GTA3 & HAVEN??? That's what I've been saying. RPGs would be so much cooler if they felt like an action game, but you still had multiple choices and outcomes. Some games are close, but not quite there yet.
aj142
pedestrian

Post by aj142 »

What surprises me is that more people haven't heard of HAVEN. After I read the description, I thought for sure everyone would be talking about it:

Haven: Call of the King is the story of a young hero's epic journey to free his enslaved people from the clutches of the evil Lord Vetch. Using Traveller's Tales' advanced T-Total gaming engine, which allows a multitude of genres to be seamlessly integrated into one game, Haven: Call of the King features many gameplay styles - platforming, turret-based shooting, boat and land vehicle racing, arena combat and space exploration. Players will travel through lava-filled subterranean mines, then race across oceans in jet-powered speedboats to pilot spaceships for interplanetary dogfights - all without a break in gameplay. Available Winter 2002, Haven: Call of the King is poised to transcend the boundaries of interactive technology.
Takeshi666
turbo bastard

Post by Takeshi666 »

Has anyone tried Battlefield 1942? I have seen it ina ction and I must admit that it looks awesome. I've never seen combination of FPS, airplane simulation, car and boat driving in a same game before. Gosh, I wish I had better comp, I'd buy it right away...
Tactical Police Demolition Unit
Guerrilla Kop

Post by Tactical Police Demolition Unit »

Actually Flashpoint is kind of the idea, but you have more freedom in Flashpoint.
CBMFreak
mechanic

Post by CBMFreak »

Hmm.. tabletop RPG's.... the best non-digital RPG's in my opinion is :

fantasy :

Dungeons And Dragons

Call of Cathulu

tabletop wargame :

Warhammer 40000

:-)
CADster
turbo bastard

Post by CADster »

Mad Max RW:

The best RPG for the computer is Fallout. I'd like to see that game and possibly Fallout 2 recreated in 3rd person with the most advanced 3d engine out there. No magic, no dragons, no bullshit. Take out any robot and laser gun references and it'll be the perfect game.
hehehe ... I really did enjoy this game. fallout blew me away with all the options. its the only game of this 'type' that i played more then once and i did completely different things (one time after i became really strong a decided to clear out this town ... i killed everyone and turned the city into one huge storeroom ). I still say it has the best character construction set to date ... so many options but not anal like balders gate/icewind dale (or any other licensed D&D game).

IMO fallout 2 was too linear. It had none of the magic the orginal had. I only played through the complete fallout2 game once, never went back (as with most of the games i play). The addition of a vehicle was a nice touch.

Fallout Tactics (fallout3) is pretty good as well .. still too linear, but its freaking huge and you get to do drive bys
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Post by Mad Max RW »

Fallout Tactics was OK once through, but it's considered a total failure. The majority of the fans will say it sucks. Oh, and the game IS NOT Fallout 3. Black Isle owns the rights to the Fallout franchise, and if anyone is gonna make a Fallout 3 it's gonna be them. Although, I highly doubt this is ever gonna happen with Interplay in charge and BI's refusal to make anything other than fantasy RPGs.
aj142
pedestrian

Post by aj142 »

CADster:

hehehe ... I really did enjoy this game. fallout blew me away with all the options. its the only game of this 'type' that i played more then once and i did completely different things (one time after i became really strong a decided to clear out this town ... i killed everyone and turned the city into one huge storeroom ). I still say it has the best character construction set to date ... so many options but not anal like balders gate/icewind dale (or any other licensed D&D game).

IMO fallout 2 was too linear. It had none of the magic the orginal had. I only played through the complete fallout2 game once, never went back (as with most of the games i play). The addition of a vehicle was a nice touch.

Fallout Tactics (fallout3) is pretty good as well .. still too linear, but its freaking huge and you get to do drive bys
Is Fallout a console game or a PC game? It sounds really cool. You should read the HAVEN description and look at the screens ( http://www.haven.midway.com/ ). Based on what you're saying, I think you might find HAVEN to be your kind of game. Of course it's not even out yet, but maybe it's something to look forward to.
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Post by Mad Max RW »

Fallout is for the PC and was just released for Mac. You can find more info as well as demos at http://www.duckandcover.net

I just saw the main character in Haven, and that was more than enough to make me never want to hear about the game again. The guy looks really REALLY stupid. I'm not into kiddy games.

[ October 10, 2002: Message edited by: Mad Max RW ]

Check who’s online