Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Bandits

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Bandits

Post by Mad Max RW »

Just spotted this baby at Duck and Cover. It's a post-apoc carmageddonish driving game called Bandits. There's lots of land and Mad Max type cars. Check out the official site here: http://www.bandits-game.com/

By the way, a demo was released today. I'm downloading now, and will be back later to share my first impressions.
-[ Raven-X ]-
kill boss

Re: Bandits

Post by -[ Raven-X ]- »

really? i don't see any demo's on the site.
- Straight From My Realm Of My Underground Madness!! -
M®. £üñ¢hßØx
WetDogx2

Post by M®. £üñ¢hßØx »

What is so fascinating about these post-apoc cars? They're a bunch of hardly-running, poorly maintained cars with a lot of damage as is. I can't see anything in these things.
HAHA OMG I NEVR KNO WUT 2 PUT IN THIS THINGS!!11 LOLZ!111 OMG FUXXORZ IM BAD AT HTIS
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Post by Mad Max RW »

Duck and Cover posted a bunch of download links:

3DGamers

FileShack

Fileplanet

The game is actually pretty fun once you get used to the unique control method.
R/C
pedestrian

Post by R/C »

What is so fascinating about these post-apoc cars? They're a bunch of hardly-running, poorly maintained cars with a lot of damage as is. I can't see anything in these things.
hehe, i love the post-apoc cars, the reason why they r fascinating is that they look cool, and how would people get around if they didnt have a car? or a means of transportation?
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

well, there is 'walking'.
R/C
pedestrian

Post by R/C »

the movies wouldnt be cool without them. all u'd see is them walking, it would be boring
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Ya know what gets me about the post-apoc-y type cars? Specially the ones made here. Why for, if ya can build such highfalutin' spikey stuff with weapons on it and all...why not be able to build a shelter for it so's it doesn't get all fouled up?

I mean-most of these type cars I see being made here are completely rust covered. OK, mebbe some of 'em should be, but most folks whether they care what the car looks like or not usually try to maintain them and the first rule of maintenance is rust removal and prevention.

Me? If I was in a situation where new parts were unavailable and serious facilities for car maintenance/improvement were unavailable, I'd for sure find me some tools of some sort somewheres for basic machine maintenance and repair.

Every panel rusty? Not likely. A car-especially a newer one would hafta sit out in a corrosive environment for 100 years to get evenly rusted and even then it's a longshot that that would happen.

Usually the corrosive environment is water and road salt-a corrosive that when mixed with water creates a kind of electrolyte that enables dis-similar metals to react (like a battery does-one metal assumes a negative charge and one a positive charge) and corrode (rust is after all an electrically stimulated process). Or in the case of industrial areas-fallout from factory smoke and (water-you guessed it also makes a good electrolytic solution between those dis-similar metals-voila! Battery.).

Out in an arid environment-cars just don't rust. Period. This is why we Americans hafta go out to our west coast to find cherry cars that have no rust on them to restore. Or the drier, more wide open parts of our midwest.

Not much moisture-NO road salt atall-therefore, no rust. Look at a car from, say, Nevada and it may have a slight surface corrosion on the paint (mebbe). Usually just dead, sunburned paint pigment-but no rust.

Look at one from Vermont or upstate New York-you can read the engine block serial number without opening the hood it's so bad.

I guess it's a case of "post-apoc from (where)you happen to have gotten your car from", eh?

Just some thought on realism concerning post-apoc cars-seein' as most post-apoc-y cars are usually shown in a desert/wasteland situation.

Ya know the post apoc car I'd really wanna see? An old '70's vintage New York City Checker Cab.

I could see one a those bumpin' wrecks outta the way on what would be left of Eighth Avenue or someplace-Bullet holes in it, half burned out, exhaust hangin',water pump squealing, lifters clackin', mebbe a slight rod knock.. "on duty" sign kinda blinkin' on and off, bald tires, broken headlights, mebbe a big dent modeled in the side or sumpin' like that.

Something that looks sinister enuf without alla the pointy, armor-y stuff.

Anybody ever build a rolling wreck on purpose?

I gotta see if I can find a Checker blueprint somewheres. I'm kinda tired of alla these "high" low tech post apocs.

[ September 30, 2002: Message edited by: Deep_Blue ]
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Post by Mad Max RW »

The game explains most of the world was nuked to hell and rendered a giant desert. The cars you see are pieced together from parts found in junkyards. It was released in Sweden, and should reach everyone else closer to the end of the year.

DB, if you wanna see a nice post-apoc checker cab rent Escape from New York. Ernest Borgnine is the man.
Tactical Police Demolition Unit
Guerrilla Kop

Post by Tactical Police Demolition Unit »

That movie was sweet. I liked the sequel too. Snake Bliskon( or whatever it is) is a real hardcore movie character. Kurt Russell was brilliant.
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Post by Mad Max RW »

Snake Plissken

The sequel, Escape from LA, was pretty good but considered a flop. In my opinion, Kurt Russel's best role was R.J. MacReady from The Thing.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Yeah, Max-that movie was one a my favorites

That's somewhat the kinda cab I wanna see.-Not something that's been all redone, but something that's taken a knockin' and kept on rockin'.

Ernest Borgnine was one of my favorite old-time actors, too.

That dude was just MADE to drive a New York Hack.

Lemme see what I can come up with on the Checker.

If anybody happens to spot a blueprint or a model I can cut up lemme know. Thx.
-[ Raven-X ]-
kill boss

Post by -[ Raven-X ]- »

Deep_Blue:

If anybody happens to spot a blueprint or a model I can cut up lemme know. Thx.
Go play GTA3. It's in there. It's even called The Borgnine
- Straight From My Realm Of My Underground Madness!! -
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Yeah, OK, soon as I can download it from someplace.

Check who’s online