Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Carmageddon Android and IOS for PC?

Chat about funsize Carmageddon for Android and iOS!
arkam
pedestrian

Post by arkam »

Alright, I feel quite stupid for asking this but I'm going to anyway:

I love the Android version of Carmageddon. The sharp graphics and updated interface combined with the untouched, classic gameplay makes it perfect.

Now I have the GOG version of Carma and running it through DOSBOX is fine and all, but is there any reason why the Android version can't be ported to PC?

I'm sure there's a simple reason why but I'd just like to know ^^

I know I'd be willing to pay for it haha
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Post by Breakin'Benny »

Good question, perhaps there'll be a classic version in Reincarnation?

Plus, I'm gonna be more than happy to play a total conversion of TDR 2000 considering the original game isn't all stable
hazardic
motorised death

Post by hazardic »

arkam wrote: combined with the untouched, classic gameplay makes it perfect.

i doubt that. gameplay is quite modified compared with truly classical pc release - opponents, the lack of cockpit (which basically gives in classic a great opportunity not to be a haunted) and some other minor tweaks made android and ios release not perfect - at least for me, a great fan of 1997 Carmageddon.

But i agree - this version is must have on pc too, mostly because of a new dynamic light system. with classical '97 release + dgvoodoo i still get slightly graphical improved classic - but not the same as android release
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

hazardic wrote:
i doubt that. gameplay is quite modified compared with truly classical pc release - opponents, the lack of cockpit (which basically gives in classic a great opportunity not to be a haunted) and some other minor tweaks made android and ios release not perfect - at least for me, a great fan of 1997 Carmageddon.
The changes they made were not gameplay related, with the exception of removing bugs such as pedestrians in unreachable areas. The lack of a cockpit doesn't effect the gameplay, just the visuals (it was also done because they would have had to create a number of brand new cockpits for the "cheat" cars and the goal was to use existing assets only), the actual gameplay and physics (which is the main factor in the gameplay) are absolutely spot on.

However this subject has been brought up over and over and over and over. The official answer has always been that they have no current plans to do a PC port the mobile version of the original PC game because they are completely focused on creating Reincarnation right now. It is something which could well be considered after Reincarnation is finished, though, as a lot of things which people would expect on the PC which aren't in the mobile versions would have already been created in Reincarnation, such as Steam integration and multiplayer. Modders may even end up creating C1 & C2 mods for Reincarnation, just as the C1 tracks were ported to C2 by modders.
a.k.a. Brent
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

the actual gameplay and physics (which is the main factor in the gameplay) are absolutely spot on.

I feel the remake to be very different from the original as well.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
DJK
mechanic

Post by DJK »

I really hope this happens, they could release it on steam as well.. would be GRAND to have the mobile version on PC! I play it a little on my phone here and there, but everytime I do, I wish I could game it for real :) .. I never liked mobile touch/tilt gaming :(
AxcelRyrap
pedestrian

Post by AxcelRyrap »

I've actually been thinking about this. It would be great to have the iOS/Android version released on Steam and PC, maybe also with Carmageddon 2, so that new fans with Reincarnation know where the game has come from. There's a load of technical restrictions stopping the original from being on an easily accessible PC client, but branding the portable version as 'Carmageddon HD' for the PC would be pretty awesome.
tarasis
pedestrian

Post by tarasis »

I'm another who'd like to see the Mobile version get a PC port.
husnu
pedestrian

Post by husnu »

pc new version time?

http://www.oynayim.com
DJK
mechanic

Post by DJK »

Check my thread here:
http://www.carmageddon.com/forum/topic/26354

It IS possible :)
Theguythatpostsideas
pedestrian

Post by Theguythatpostsideas »

idk man the pc version seems exactly a like when i play it on my phone no difference what so ever to me no point in trying to convert it
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Post by MrDeviance »

Play it with the Bluestacks emulator. Install Bluestacks, change the Bluestacks resolution to the native resolution of your monitor, enter full screen by pressing f11, install carmageddon from the play store and play it with the gamepad or the keyboard natively.

It looks perfect and it runs at a constant 60fps.

You can even install an app to hide the bottom black navigation bar from Bluestacks and that way you will not even know that you are playing on Bluestacks.

The only thing that is missing from that android version is the ability to repair your car or to recover it, with the actual keyboard.

If they would also map the keyboard buttons to allow you to recover and to repair with the keyboard or the gamepad, it would be absolutely perfect.

The last drop of perfection would be to also allow you to hide the on screen controlls and nothing else needs to be done to further improve this for pc.

Every single visual effect is visible and without bugs inside bluestacks.
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Post by KakkaHousu »

Mr.D, how it runs in current version of Bluestacks? I tried once Bluestacks but Carmageddon didn´t work at all and other game´s screen refresh looks like slideshow. Increasing virtual memory in registry editor doesn´t help much.
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Post by MrDeviance »

KakkaHousu wrote:Mr.D, how it runs in current version of Bluestacks? I tried once Bluestacks but Carmageddon didn´t work at all and other game´s screen refresh looks like slideshow. Increasing virtual memory in registry editor doesn´t help much.

It runs absolutely gorgeous. Bluestacks gets updated frequently these days and compared to the versions that existed only a few months ago, the current one can run even unreal engine 3 at max speed.

It can even run 3dmark at a huge speed.

Nothing that I threw at it until now gave me problems.

From the simplest apps and 2d games to the most sophisticated 3d games and benchmarks that I have tested on it, are running extremely fast.

As a tip, google how to change the resolution for bleustacks and you will find the registry keys where you can input your native monitor resolution so that when you run bluetstacks in full screen, everything will look very crisp and high res.

Android adapts to any screen resolution that you place on it, it's great.

I even managed to root bluestacks and I was able to install more pretentious apps on it among which was one that allows you to hide the black navigation bar at the bottom for when you truly want to experience a full screen game that will look just as it should on a pc screen.

You can play carmageddon 1 at 1920x1080 on your big ass tv and it will truly look 16:9 and it will not stretch like the original carmageddon 1 does when you play it with 3dfx wrappers or with other hacks that allow you to force that old game to run at 16:9 resolutions.

Check who’s online