Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Make gamepad controls user definable

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
sikboy1029
pedestrian

Post by sikboy1029 »

Please add custom key binding for controllers, the presets work on my rumblepad 2 but the buttons are all switched around. Hate it when games don't allow custom control configs...no doubt the game has progressed as it use to not see the rumblepad at all.
Freeride Forever
turbo bastard

Post by Freeride Forever »

Yeah word up. I always assumed most games just have it set the way they (devs) wanted it & that's it, or at best give you a few preset options. IDK why any dev would do that rather than making it fully remappable. Let us decide how we wanna rock FFS.

Another thing that pisses me off is how sometimes some keys on the keyboard can't be used. I've frequently run into an non-remappable Enter key, then there was that whole GFW bullshit with the Home key. I figure ya gotta be pretty smart to develop software, so WTF do some of those fuckers not get that we want our fuckin' freedom goddammit?! Is it or is it not common sense that we want full control over what our inputs do? Is there anyone out there that actually prefers to not be able to change their controls? O.o

Stainless knows better, they just have a lot to do & few people to do it.
sikboy1029
pedestrian

Post by sikboy1029 »

Bump, since this game is officially out and this still needs to be added.
Espyo
road raged psycho

Post by Espyo »

I suggest you submit this as feedback on http://carmageddon.com/bugger

In the meantime, remember that you can create your own controller controls by editing the controls .lua file! Search around and you'll find more info.
I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a Pikmin fan engine.
sikboy1029
pedestrian

Post by sikboy1029 »

bump due to upcoming update
-Abram-
pedestrian

Post by -Abram- »

No change with update. I always find it odd that even in PC games, controller layouts are very often not able to be altered. I also see some functions missing: Why not a double-tap to change camera? Or implement a 'Hold" button function for other game functions? But hey, at least we can flap doors....

So i counted the number of definable controls in the Keyboard options, and there are enough buttons on the typical dual-stick gamepad to accommodate all of them. So Stainless, just let us change gamepad controls, ingame.
sikboy1029
pedestrian

Post by sikboy1029 »

Still not added, I figure this could use a bump to keep it in the devs minds seeing as support said they would add it to the list.
Freeride Forever
turbo bastard

TY sik. Why this whole thing is even an issue makes no sense at all, as we know but Stainless for some reason doesn't. Then again, look what it was that they released in the first place.

C'mon Stainless, WTF really?

This & the whole broked camera issue. I've never experienced a piece of software with such a whacked out piece of fucked up shit for a camera as this. Maybe the originals were like that too I can't remember but now it's time to get it right & let me custom my pad & let me see WTF is front of my fuckin' car unless I say otherwise! THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Good job otherwise though guys. :)
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

You know you can edit gamepad mapping by editing the gamepad preset text files in the game's Data_Misc\default_controls\ folder. This feature has been in the game since one of the pre-alpha updates.
a.k.a. Brent
sikboy1029
pedestrian

Post by sikboy1029 »

Trent wrote:You know you can edit gamepad mapping by editing the gamepad preset text files in the game's Data_Misc\default_controls\ folder. This feature has been in the game since one of the pre-alpha updates.
I am aware, this still needs to be added as it's a standard feature.
sikboy1029
pedestrian

Post by sikboy1029 »

Not added in today's update, disappointed...
Freeride Forever
turbo bastard

Thanks for the tip Trent. I'ma check it out sometime. Is that what you call that though? A 'feature'? Having to go open a file & muck aboat to fix what's broked? That's a 'feature' now is it?

Needs to be built right into the game properly, bummer that it's not in the new update, but some damn good stuff is in it regardless & today's a good day. :)

Check who’s online