Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

My suggestions for final version.

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
wasd1983
pedestrian

Post by wasd1983 »

Sorry for english, I'm an italian autodidact.

Lot of time passed since my last post, now is time to tell something again.

THIS IS AMAZING.

Or better, this is amazing for a pre-alpha.

It lags, sometimes more sometimes less, few times nothing at all, generally too much :D

When fix car (and hold backspace) it goes near 1 fps or less. I have an AMD x4 965 3.4Ghz with a GTX570, it's old, I know, but generally does his work.

Anyway you have time to fix it, you have no relese date yet =) Hope to see a couple of cars or scenario updates for the 27th.

Damages are really really good and repair would be amazing when will be fluid (I'm waiting for new hardware in next days, so I have many hopes.)

Anyway this is not the subject, I have some suggestions for you, hope will help:

1) Reverse gear: When you go back (in rear) camera just goes up a little and you can see 10/15 meters behind the car.

I would prefer if the camera turns automatically (and quite fast :P), anyway I can press "X" button and turn the camera, but when i go back, camera

goes up as normal in reverse and it doesn't allow me to see nothing. Please at least delete the "camera going up" if I press "X".

2) I "need" a hood camera. Don't worry about textures quality. I love first person cameras, and when I choose "The Twister" I would love to see the hood and the drill. I could cry for a cockpit view, don't know if you thinked about before, but if you didn't please do it at least for The Eagle, please please please.

3) Map in the layout should be a little bit larger and icons of opponents a little bit smaller imho.

4) The effect of the car fixing is.. you know.. WOW!! But it goes really laggy. It goes halfway fluid if I am alone in a far from pedestrians area and not too much damaged with a sunny day, and I think that could be better if "flying pieces" goes slower.

5) I know, is too early, but have you thinked something about Oculus Rift?

I can only imagine a cockpit view, fully discoverable, with Oculus on. It would be AMAZING!!

Have you considered to support oculus?

6) I know, it's too early also for this, but with carMODgeddon do you want to open only for cars and textures or also to full graphical mods? It would be great if in a couple of years, with next gen growing, we could see appear something like iceEnhancer for GTA4 (iceEnhancer is a mod for GTA4 that gives a graphic absolutely astonishing, unbelivable that has been made by a modder).

Can we expect something like this?

Great work,

hope to get staff reply :P

MaArco
Simista
Stainless

Post by Simista »

Hello thank you for taking the time to make a post :)

If you could report the bugs and crashes you find to our bug report system here: carmageddon.com/bugger that would help our team to get rid of them.

Reverse camera – You will be happy to know that the current version of the game DOES have options to change the reverse camera YAY!. (this can be accessed in the main menu options ) both Nobby and me prefer the “look back” camera :)

We have a bumper cam, or are you thinking more in the lines of the cockpit view? – if so a lot of people have mentioned this and so we have added it to our stretch goal list and would like to see it in.

The map- its only its first implementation of the map and it does need work, we agree with your comments

The repairing – hehe, glad it WOWS you :) but yea , again this is only the very early stages of this feature and will most certainly improve

Oculus rift – your right this is WAY WAY to early to even think about it (but I do personally like the idea of going round the coastal loop in from an oculus POV ;)

Hope I answered your questions :)

Check who’s online