Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

A few questions

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
Stanko
driver

A few questions

Post by Stanko »

Hi, I'm willing to pledge, but I have a few questions.

If my friend buys the game for me via his PayPal account (I don't have a PayPal account yet), will I be able to download the game? How can e-mails match? What are the differences between Steam and non-DRM version? When can I choose which one to download?

Thanks
shane
Stainless

A few questions

Post by shane »

When you make a pledge via PayPal an email will be sent with details on how to login to the Backer website. This site enables you to enter the email address that the rewards should go to. Your pledge will provide you access to both the Steam version for Early Access and the DRM-free version when it is available.
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
Stanko
driver

A few questions

Post by Stanko »

Thanks for reply. As I understand it, the differences between Steam and non-DRM version are various multiplayer modes?
LordToastALot
speed freak

A few questions

Post by LordToastALot »

You won't be able to play online with the DRM free version. LAN will still work.

However, as Nobby has recently said it'll be a while before MP is added to early access in any case.
Bet that hurt!
Stanko
driver

A few questions

Post by Stanko »

OK, thanks for reply.
Trent
mindless

A few questions

Post by Trent »

Another thing to note is that the DRM-free version probably won't be available for a while either as maintaining updates for it would be difficult during the Early Access period.
a.k.a. Brent

Check who’s online