Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Difference between $15 back and Early Access competition?

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
King Mustard
pedestrian

Post by King Mustard »

Will someone who backed $15 get the game and all expansions forever?

What is the prize for the Early Access competition?

I'm thinking someone who backed $15 will get the game and all expansions but they'll have to wait until the game is released in order to pay. However, Early Access winners get access to the beta before release? Is that right?

As a side note, wasn't there an Early Access level on Kickstarter? Does this mean the 99 competition winners have the same "rights" as them?
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

Hi King Mustard.

$15 and above backers will get access to game during Early Access, and will get all future DLC as well. This is also what the winners of our Early Access Prize Draw will receive. Early Access is currently set for Q1 2014.

Backers who pledged $25 and above will also get Beta access to the game prior to Early Access.

Hope that helps make that clearer!
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
Confused
mechanic

Post by Confused »

My original understanding of the competition would be to "upgrade" to include all DLC.

However, after the furore created by mentioning the dreaded letters DLC, now all backers of $15 or more will get the full games plus all DLC.

The higher tiers ($25 and above) were always penned to get Early Access anyway...

So, what do the 99 winners of the competition now get to make the win worthwhile? (Seeing as the originally stated reason of including all the DLC has been given to everyone...) Even earlier access to C:R? Maybe even to be able to get hold of some of the current development builds???
King Mustard
pedestrian

Post by King Mustard »

shane wrote:Hi King Mustard.

$15 and above backers will get access to game during Early Access, and will get all future DLC as well. This is also what the winners of our Early Access Prize Draw will receive. Early Access is currently set for Q1 2014.

Backers who pledged $25 and above will also get Beta access to the game prior to Early Access.

Ah, I see. So if someone backed $15 a year ago and had now won the recent competition, what should they do with competition prize? :P
Confused
mechanic

Post by Confused »

King Mustard wrote:Ah, I see. So if someone backed $15 a year ago and had now won the recent competition, what should they do with competition prize? :P

I'm also wondering what a $25 and above backer (who gets Beta access anyway) who entered the competition when there was an additional prize at stake (ie the lifetime DLC), and won, gets...
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

King Mustard wrote:

Ah, I see. So if someone backed $15 a year ago and had now won the recent competition, what should they do with competition prize? :P

Share it with a friend - and then wreck em' in a game of Fox 'N' Hounds ;)
tagus
pedestrian

Post by tagus »

Share it with a friend - and then wreck em' in a game of Fox 'N' Hounds ;)

i was also wondering that, thanks for answering.
Lutz G
turbo bastard

Post by Lutz G »

King Mustard wrote:

Share it with me! *g*
Spector
driver

Post by Spector »

I pledged 20$ few months ago, but I would love to get into Beta. So if I would pledge another 5$ now, would it be added to those 20$ I pledged before? Or do I need to go with another 25$? :) Just asking to be sure.
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

Spector wrote:I pledged 20$ few months ago, but I would love to get into Beta. So if I would pledge another 5$ now, would it be added to those 20$ I pledged before? Or do I need to go with another 25$? :) Just asking to be sure.
I'm afraid our Beta access rewards were only available in pledge tiers which are no longer available. The current available pledge tier ($20) provides Early Access in Q1 2014.
Spector
driver

Post by Spector »

shane wrote:
Spector wrote:I pledged 20$ few months ago, but I would love to get into Beta. So if I would pledge another 5$ now, would it be added to those 20$ I pledged before? Or do I need to go with another 25$? :) Just asking to be sure.

I'm afraid our Beta access rewards were only available in pledge tiers which are no longer available. The current available pledge tier ($20) provides Early Access in Q1 2014.

Ok, my bad. Totally misunderstood that one. Thanks for clarification :)
robocub
pedestrian

Post by robocub »

shane wrote:Share it with a friend - and then wreck em' in a game of Fox 'N' Hounds ;)
Hi Shane,

I won the Early Access Prize Draw and that time i was also a backer. Got my key on Humble Bundle for Early Access which shows as $25 Tier and wanted to gift my $15 Tier to a friend. Humble Bundle does not allow me to do that. It doesn't give a key, there is just a button to redeem it on Steam but since i already have the game in my library it doesn't work.

How can i share it with my friend?
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

Have you claimed the Humble page already? If not you should be able to pass the URL to the Humble page to a friend and then let them claim it on their email address and redeem the code. If you need me to un-claim the page, please let me know.
robocub
pedestrian

Post by robocub »

shane wrote:Have you claimed the Humble page already? If not you should be able to pass the URL to the Humble page to a friend and then let them claim it on their email address and redeem the code. If you need me to un-claim the page, please let me know.
Yes, unfortunately i claimed it already. Could you help me un-claiming it?
mengo
pedestrian

Post by mengo »

if you buy the early access from steam will you get all those future DLC as well?
Errol
Toxic Ranger

Post by Errol »

mengo wrote:if you buy the early access from steam will you get all those future DLC as well?
No.
:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::

Check who’s online