Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Kickstarter Survey information

This forum gathers all the official activity that accompanied the revival.
The Urban Spaceman
speed freak

Post by The Urban Spaceman »

I just don't understand the logic that's all. There's not a lot I can do about it other than ask why.
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

spaceman im not angry or anything atm, but this is getting stupid.

You want to know why because kickstarter had rules to ahear to and what was outlines i belive is what stainless in any or all there power will try to provide.

As for copies of the game its like saying ok drm free games are more viable because then you can give away more copies and there friends can do what i explained earlier.

have it this way if stainless only offerd DRM free copies of the game would that make you even happier since it doesnt involve steam at all ?. That would have had to be one of kickstarters $ amounts which it was not. you either take it or leave it dang, honistly stupid.
The Urban Spaceman
speed freak

Now your the one making this into more than it is. Chill out lemon. My only point here is that there is no difference between DRM free download codes & DRM download codes so there is no logic is Stainless restricting choice.

This is only a matter of logic & principle for me lemon, nothing more. As long as I get one DRM copy plus my boxed copy then I'm happy. I'm sure I'll be able to sell or give away my extra copies whatever version Stainless decides they should be. I just think I should be allowed to decide that since I paid.

Now unless Stainless are actually going to give me an answer on this then there is nothing more to talk about. End of conversation.
matt
im new, be gentle

Post by matt »

Lets stomp this molehill.

There's a few points that the last couple of comments seem to be ignoring. Firstly - as they go to great pains to point out in all their PR - Kickstarter is not a shop. You pay to support a goal, something you believe in. You don't go there to buy stuff as if it's ebay. Any goods are rewards for supporting the campaign. Now with that said, you've actually chosen accept the reward offer which was clearly stated as "As well as the Steam version, all $15 pledgers will be offered a DRM-free, caffeine free, gluten free, born free non-Steam version of the PC game to download."

Next up, did you pre-order retro city rampage by any chance? Just as an example it demonstrates that this method (offering steam codes plus non steam drm free package download. ) is standard protocol when DRM free alternative versions are available.(PS It's an awesome game, give it a try). The DRM-free option was designed to appeal to a specific technologically literate audience who have fundamental moral objections to DRM. The intention wasn't to add yet another copy to an already generous promise. It was answering a request by other potential backers, and it opened the campaign to a wider audience in the hopes of ensuring that it met the goal. Don't forget, it was never 100% certain that the campaign would succeed. Despite all our hopes, there was always a chance of failure, and every. single. one. of us fought hard to do what we could to get the maximum exposure and help land backers who shared our belief in Carmageddon.

Steam codes have an associated cost for everyone involved, once you've been offered the DRM free download it's up to you to take care of it, to download it, to back it up etc.. whereas with steam someone has to keep the game files updated, maintain the achievement servers, distribution network, keep everything available for re-installation from their network at any point in the future - this is not free. Do it for the love. The campaign is not something that you should try to milk dry until its nipples crack like china at a greek wedding.
The Urban Spaceman
speed freak

Nice post matt. Thank you for clearing that up lol.

(I will check out that game, just by the title alone it sounds like it could similar to the Carma fan game being made atm, hmm.)
Hearnia_2k
pedestrian

Post by Hearnia_2k »

shane wrote:
Hearnia_2k wrote:So, Shane, are we expecting to get more updates to this from you, as it's been a while since the first one now, but the thing is I am am still no closer to understanding whats going on for my reward tier, the $30 Double Whammy tier, as many people have been asking about, including myself over the last page or two in this thread. I also opened a separate thread too, as this one did not seem relevant at the time for my concerns.

Thanks

For your $30 DOUBLE WHAMMY reward tier you will get 2 Steam codes to download the game, plus the option to download a DRM-free version without Steam features.

OK, but, is the DRM-free version platform specific?? Which license am I selecting the platform for in the question? Are the Steam codes platform specific?

Why do I only get 2 steam codes? I get a total of 2 codes, +previous reward tiers, which would include both the $15 reward tiers, which is 1 Steam code for one, and one drm free code for the other - thus resulting in 3 Steam codes, plus the DRM free code?

The questions in the survey are not clearly written, and I can't choose a platform until I understand which license(s) this affects.

I'd hope the DRM-free version is not a platform specific license - so I could play it either on my Mac, or on my PC, so long as I did not do both simultaneously (As I only have a single license for the DRM-free version of the game)

I'd have to assume the Steam version is not platform specific, as otherwise I will want to select different platforms for each license, but the questionnaire does not give me this ability?
Hearnia_2k
pedestrian

Post by Hearnia_2k »

Shane:

I'm still not getting information about on the license structure on the DRM-Free copy of the game.

Various other questions are also not satisfactorily answered.

So far I'm really disappointed with this project, Nobby said during the build up and kickstarter campaign he did not want this to be like other projects where very few updates go out to the backers about the progress and similar, yet the rate of updates dropped off a cliff a day after the KS campaign closed.

And now the support to help fill in the survey appears to be very slow and unresponsive, so far as I can tell.

So, I will ask again:

Is the DRM-free license tied to a specific platform??

I was NOT aware of that it would be tied to a specific platform previously, and it would impact the strength of my support for the project if I had been aware at the time. I want to be able to run the DRM-Free version on my Mac. However, sometimes I may want to run it while in Windows in Bootcamp, and other time I may want to run it in OSX.

I hope you guys can come up with an actual answer to the question, as right now I'm starting to feel that having supported the project financially I'm getting little back. As a project investor I would expect more information on the progress, and I expect to be able to have clarity on a few very simple questions.

The same as everyone else here I'm really looking forward to playing and getting the new game, but I'm unhappy about supporting a project which is simply not delivering to expectation right now.
Judicator
mechanic

Post by Judicator »

Looking at the "Backer Rewards" page i see the steam ID is not * marked, does it mean I can happily leave it blank or what?
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

Judicator wrote:Looking at the "Backer Rewards" page i see the steam ID is not * marked, does it mean I can happily leave it blank or what?
It is - we couldn't set it to be not required during the Kickstarter surveys.
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
Judicator
mechanic

Post by Judicator »

Thanks Shane.
jokergermany
pedestrian

Post by jokergermany »

Hearnia_2k wrote:
So, I will ask again:

Is the DRM-free license tied to a specific platform??

I was NOT aware of that it would be tied to a specific platform previously, and it would impact the strength of my support for the project if I had been aware at the time. I want to be able to run the DRM-Free version on my Mac. However, sometimes I may want to run it while in Windows in Bootcamp, and other time I may want to run it in OSX.

/signed

I can't fullfill the survey because of this.

I use Windows (not often) and Linux and especially because the linux version will released later...
Hearnia_2k
pedestrian

Post by Hearnia_2k »

Shane,

I really need some accurate answers to my questions now, since all of a sudden we have been given just 2 weeks to be able to complete the survey information.

Prior to this there was never a suggestion of a deadline given, and so 2 weeks notice is really bad - further demonstrating an inability to communicate well with your investors.

People could easily be on holiday and not get sight of this email until after the deadline has passed - fortunately this is not the case for me.

Assuming your continue the trend to respond with very little information, few answers or not reply at all then I will be looking to contact Kickstarter, in order to let them know that you are not holding up the agreement as specified on your kickstarter page - with a view to getting back the funds.

So, please, read my previous post, and read the questions, and make a real effort to answer concisely and accurately. If this is not possible respond and tell me why this is not possible, and when you can provide these answers.

I'm really sorry to say I regret investing in such a poor company, who have in the past created some truly classic games.
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

Hearnia_2k wrote:Shane,

I really need some accurate answers to my questions now, since all of a sudden we have been given just 2 weeks to be able to complete the survey information.

Prior to this there was never a suggestion of a deadline given, and so 2 weeks notice is really bad - further demonstrating an inability to communicate well with your investors.

People could easily be on holiday and not get sight of this email until after the deadline has passed - fortunately this is not the case for me.

Assuming your continue the trend to respond with very little information, few answers or not reply at all then I will be looking to contact Kickstarter, in order to let them know that you are not holding up the agreement as specified on your kickstarter page - with a view to getting back the funds.

So, please, read my previous post, and read the questions, and make a real effort to answer concisely and accurately. If this is not possible respond and tell me why this is not possible, and when you can provide these answers.

I'm really sorry to say I regret investing in such a poor company, who have in the past created some truly classic games.

Hi Hearnia_2k,

I'm afraid I don't have any further information with regards to the DRM-free version other than the platform selection in the survey. The Steam version will support Steam Play meaning you will be able to download the game on Windows, Mac and Linux with 1 Steam code.

With regards to our deadline, this is the 4th reminder backers would have received - without this information we cannot proceed with ordering in the required stock so setting a deadline date is required.
jokergermany
pedestrian

Post by jokergermany »

shane wrote:
I'm afraid I don't have any further information with regards to the DRM-free version other than the platform selection in the survey. The Steam version will support Steam Play meaning you will be able to download the game on Windows, Mac and Linux with 1 Steam code.

With regards to our deadline, this is the 4th reminder backers would have received - without this information we cannot proceed with ordering in the required stock so setting a deadline date is required.

This is the 4th reminder, but you still doesen't know an answer on the DRM-free version question.

I wouldn't need even a second reminder without the drm-free question!

I am really disappointet because when i pledge, i didn't could imagine that you do such a thing.

Why is it so important for you not to give the bakers every version?

PS: Steam isn't the same as a DRM-free Version!
Poppaukko
pedestrian

Post by Poppaukko »

Holy cunning stunt, you people are whining about a DRM-free version of this game. You'll be able to play the steam version of this game on Windows, Linux and Mac. How hard it is to choose on which platform you want to play the DRM-free version. There are 3 options, choose one.

Also, there has been a lot of time to decide on which platform you want the DRM-free version, so don't bitch about that.
Hearnia_2k
pedestrian

Post by Hearnia_2k »

Poppaukko wrote:Holy cunning stunt, you people are whining about a DRM-free version of this game. You'll be able to play the steam version of this game on Windows, Linux and Mac. How hard it is to choose on which platform you want to play the DRM-free version. There are 3 options, choose one.

Also, there has been a lot of time to decide on which platform you want the DRM-free version, so don't bitch about that.

What're you talking about?!

The license for the DRM-free version is very important.

There are many times I might wanna play games, but have no connectivity, or with a machine I do not want to install Steam on - and I am most likely not too interested in the Steam only features of the game.

There may also be times I want to do an offline installation, which would be not possible with the Steam version.
Hearnia_2k
pedestrian

Post by Hearnia_2k »

shane wrote:
Hi Hearnia_2k,

So you want us to make decisions faster than you can? Yet you have a team of many people, and I am one individual?

It may well be the fourth reminder, but until I get the information I can't answer the question!

Also, this is the first reminder I have ever seen a deadline on, all previous reminders have been simply a reminder, no mention of a deadline.

I can't make license affecting decisions without knowing the license!
Hearnia_2k
pedestrian

Post by Hearnia_2k »

jokergermany wrote:
This is the 4th reminder, but you still doesen't know an answer on the DRM-free version question.

I wouldn't need even a second reminder without the drm-free question!

I am really disappointet because when i pledge, i didn't could imagine that you do such a thing.

Why is it so important for you not to give the bakers every version?

PS: Steam isn't the same as a DRM-free Version!

Yes, exactly. I would have been able to fill in the survey within about 3 minutes of receiving the first information on it if only the information was complete.
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Hearnia_2k wrote:What're you talking about?!

The license for the DRM-free version is very important.

There are many times I might wanna play games, but have no connectivity, or with a machine I do not want to install Steam on - and I am most likely not too interested in the Steam only features of the game.

There may also be times I want to do an offline installation, which would be not possible with the Steam version.

You make it sound like you want to install it on a hundred different machines of each platform each day. What's stopping you from picking the platform you use the most and then working with them to iron out the issues you're so hung up on instead of stomping just your feet like a 2 year old told he can't have all the candy in the shop and acting like you're a victim?
a.k.a. Brent
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Whaaaaaaaaaa.........me want all da kandy daddy!
Hearnia_2k
pedestrian

Post by Hearnia_2k »

I have diferent machiens in different locations, and have different reasons I would wanna use different platforms. It's not all about issues with certain platforms.

For example, I fly a lot, and I would nto want Steam on my work computer, but the DRM free version might be fine. This would be a Windows machine though, so I would need the Windows version. My personal laptop is a MacBook Pro, and I would most like to play on OS X.

Finally, as much as anything this is about the lack of certainty. Without understanding what I can and cannot do within the license I cannot determine which platform would be most suitable.

I also don't understand the big deal of them creating a license which just states I can only run the DRM free version one one device at one time, and give me access to the download DRM-free version of the game for all platforms. Then I can download both the Windows and OS X version, and install it on either of my devices, while only ever playing it on one device at one time. Since prior to the survey there was no mention the DRM-Free version would be platform specific this is how I understood it to be.
Phoenix84
pedestrian

Post by Phoenix84 »

Hmm, I never received an email regarding the 4-week notice. Unless it got filtered to junk (which has since been automatically deleted). Unless it was in Kickstarter; I think I remember getting bugged about it again recently when I logged in.

I just filled it out today, hopefully I didn't lose out on anything.

For the DRM free version I just had to pick Windows. Currently that's the OS I use most. However with the disaster that is Windows 8, we'll see how long that lasts.

This is why I didn't want to be forced to pick a DRM-free platform right now. Currently I have no issue with the Steam version (since it supports SteamPlay). However in a few years, my needs may change and I will want a DRM-free Linux version. I would have rather waited to be able to pick it at a later time: such as on an account download page on this site.
Vampiring Soul
pedestrian

Post by Vampiring Soul »

Hello.

I am kickstarter backer and I not received my copy of Carmageddon:Reincarnation. I completed survey twice, don't remember first time, but second was twenty-four hours ago. I not received e-mail with link to download DRM-free copy (or may be.. e-mail with attachment??), and I don't see Carma in Steam, even in steam shop.

Is Carma released or not? If yes, what should I do?

Sorry for rude English. Thank you.
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

You haven't received it yet because it hasn't been released yet. It should be available towards the end of the year.
a.k.a. Brent
Vampiring Soul
pedestrian

Post by Vampiring Soul »

Trent wrote:You haven't received it yet because it hasn't been released yet. It should be available towards the end of the year.
Thank you.
Yuuki
pedestrian

Post by Yuuki »

If I remember correctly, we were supposed to get our goodies in February, have people received theirs, I havnt gotten anything in the post yet. Im not talking about the game itself, im talking about the other goodies :)
Psygineer
mechanic

Post by Psygineer »

Yuuki wrote:If I remember correctly, we were supposed to get our goodies in February, have people received theirs, I havnt gotten anything in the post yet. Im not talking about the game itself, im talking about the other goodies :)

Not yet, but I don't think they have been sent out yet!
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

Psygineer wrote:
Yuuki wrote:If I remember correctly, we were supposed to get our goodies in February, have people received theirs, I havnt gotten anything in the post yet. Im not talking about the game itself, im talking about the other goodies :)

Not yet, but I don't think they have been sent out yet!

Yes, we have not yet started sending out any of the rewards. Once this process begins you will be notified so you can all be sat waiting at your front doors for the mail :)

**EDIT** I should say apart from the forum VIP access and the GOG codes :)
Hearnia_2k
pedestrian

Post by Hearnia_2k »

Shame, please can you tell me who and how to contact someone about removing my project support, based on lack of delivery?

Since you've repeatedly failed to answer my questions regarding licensing, there have been repeated delays on the project, and far fewer updates than expected about the project I feel that the investment made by myself is not being used for the purposes it was originally requested - as a direct result I need to understand how to get a refund.

I've contacted Kickstarter, who suggest I should go back to you guys to arrange a refund.

Thanks.
Carmageddon1984
pedestrian

Post by Carmageddon1984 »

Hearnia_2k wrote:Shame, please can you tell me who and how to contact someone about removing my project support, based on lack of delivery?

Since you've repeatedly failed to answer my questions regarding licensing, there have been repeated delays on the project, and far fewer updates than expected about the project I feel that the investment made by myself is not being used for the purposes it was originally requested - as a direct result I need to understand how to get a refund.

I've contacted Kickstarter, who suggest I should go back to you guys to arrange a refund.

Thanks.

Why do you feel that way?

We've already got iOS, Android versions to entertain us during the waiting period, some (although not too many) blog posts to show progress (based on which I estimate they are halfway through the game coding, and storyline creation).

Any software development project is bound to be delayed no matter what - it is inevitable fact of the trade.
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

Hi Hearnia_2k - please check your private messages
gdemesma
pedestrian

Post by gdemesma »

Hi,

I need to change my postal address to get the backer reward.

I have no idea how to do since, I lost the email to fill the survey.

How can I do?

Regards
Psygineer
mechanic

Post by Psygineer »

Go here. http://backers.carmageddon.com and hit the forgot password button. It will send you your password and you will be able to log in and you should be able to update the survey.
gdemesma
pedestrian

Post by gdemesma »

Many thanks
jokergermany
pedestrian

Post by jokergermany »

I want a refund too.

1. I didn't want to choose between linux or windows.

I want to have both and i thought i will get both. That was the only reason i pledged.

2. And your previous plans selling us backers DLCs show me that your company didn't want carmageddon back, you only want to create a cash cow!

It was a shock for me! That you change your mind was necessary, but together with the first point it is the straw that breaks the camel's back!

That's a pitty, carmageddon is a great game but i didn't want to support a greedy company as a backer! =(

I will buy it, when there is a game of the year edition with all dlcs.

Check who’s online