Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Dear Nobby

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
tonrac
speed freak

Dear Nobby

Post by tonrac »

I try to explain why you got those reaction ...

When someone says "i don't like this thing" , he is not trolling because he give his opinion, but he has conscious that someone could like.

When someone says "it sucks" he is trolling because he think that only his opinion is valid.

You got those reaction, because you talk like someone that got the truth ... but in fact, it's just another opinion.

I don't say that you are a troll, and having different feeback could be interesting ... but talking like you do will bring some negative reaction.

And insulting others, like you do in your previous post, won't help you to be heard ... you must relax dude, it's just a game.

I claim nothing, i talk about newcomer that played arcade game, i don't talk about you in that sentence.
flykas
turbo bastard

Dear Nobby

Post by flykas »

Few question to the OP.

Do you use keyboard to drive ?

Does your game run at 60 fps ?

Handling has some issues and you are right about the fact the sometimes the car can act unpredicatbky and spin out to easely, and this can be especially anoying when the game is runnign slow and it is more difficult to drive with keyboard than gamepad, BUT you can really git good at it and drive really fast, drift around and perform all kinds of stunts it just requires some time, also for me the handling of C2 and C1 felt pretty dumb:]] you really had less control over car, etc. Now in C:R its way better in my opinion.

Also to Epitaph:

I allways want more realistic handling in games and its not freaky. Ok its a game about crashing car, but car crashes wont be realistic or fun without realistic handling.
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Dear Nobby

Post by '80s Time Warp »

The game also claims that you are going 100MPH when that is just absolutely incorrect... Completely and entirely wrong.
This claim is factually incorrect. Vehicles are moving at the speed indicated, it is data straight from the physics model. Now, whilst on-screen feedback doesn't necessarily do a perfect job of creating a sense of speed, it is something that has been dramatically improved for Carmageddon Max Damage (FOV Widening, Motion Blur, etc). As an owner of Reincarnation, you will receive C:MD for free when it launches on PC, and the 'perceived' speed issue should no longer be a problem. If after C:MD is out on PC, then you do still feel it is an issue, then use the support system above to voice your feedback direct to SG in a constructive manner.

Now, back to the core of your complaint, you do not like the way the cars handle, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. The handling of the cars is a deeply subjective topic, and everyone has their own preferences. I (and it seems a lot of the others based off the prior responses) do not see how you can be struggling to control the car. It might be (in part) due to your input method (Gamepad), whereas I'm using a keyboard.

Food for Thought: there are zero driver aids in C:R, no ACS, no ASMS, no TCS, no DSTCS, no ABS, etc, etc. So, if you are use to using those in other games, you are out of luck here.
Just another '80s Dreamer....
Twitter Manifestation. - Mods for Max Damage.
Please do not use my old/deadname.
Epitaph
motorised death

Dear Nobby

Post by Epitaph »

Hmmm, maybe we can set up an Online match when C:MD comes out and talk about it again.

Cause i 100% believe that the only thing that C:R is lacking is the handling and therefore the most crucial aspect of Carmageddon which is crushing.

If it had the handling of C1 or C2 it would be great cause handling was motivating you for head-on collisions even with the AI.

Now it's "speed up, try to hit the enemy, make a turn instead, lose control of the vehicle, wait again to get some momentum till you hit the enemy car and nothing major will happen" (like wrecking him or doing major damage).

That's a huge fail in gameplay for me and therefore quite boring.

C2 had awesome car crashes even though the handling wasn't realistic as you say. And it was much better then.

Edit : Watching older streams and playing the game this is what i get: Slow gameplay ESPECIALLY when you're looking for an impact with the enemies
ActionPoohole
pedestrian

Dear Nobby

Post by ActionPoohole »

Epitaph wrote:Hmmm, maybe we can set up an Online match when C:MD comes out and talk about it again.

Cause i 100% believe that the only thing that C:R is lacking is the handling and therefore the most crucial aspect of Carmageddon which is crushing.

If it had the handling of C1 or C2 (handling was motivating you for head-on collisions even with the AI).

Now it's speed up, try to hit the enemy, make a turn instead, lose control of the vehicle, wait again to get some momentum till you hit the enemy car and nothing major will happen (like wrecking him or doing major damage).

That's a huge fail in gameplay for me and therefore quite boring.

C2 had awesome car crashes even though the handling wasn't realistic as you say. And it was much better then.

I agree, the dynamics feel completely changed and are wrong... In this game it just punishes you for trying to enjoy the speed in the game. Not in a good way.

Aso for my claim being factually incorrect about 100MPH etc... Even the slowest cars hit 100MPH within a couple of seconds, this cannot be right as the on screen indication shows the car just beginning to speed up. If it is fixed in Max Damage then obviously there must be a problem with C:R so I'm not sure where you are going with that.

Also to Tonrac, just because someone is pissed off doesn't make them a troll and the obvious fact is that what I complain about is my opinion, that much should be clear... I shouldn't have to put in a disclaimer that what I say is my opinion. That's just ludicrous. I will use my words how I see fit and they are obviously my opinion and things that I see as fact. So quit with calling troll. It's kinda hard to relax when you're claiming I'm a troll and people saying to GIT GUD and other stupid comments. At least my annoyed rant had some substance... You just go gallivanting around about me being brain washed by arcade racers and etc etc when it's obviously not the case.

Fact is that C:R punishes you for the most part for using speed.... Every time you gain speed you know you're going to lose at least half of it to a turn or entirely to some stupid crash that happens at nearly every single turn. I can also quite easily finish the race tracks without smashing into the sides, but it feels EXTREMELY slow in doing so.. and this is maintaining as close to the fastest speed possible without getting wrecked. Even if I wanted to have a full speed collision into the side of an enemy car the damage done is minimal, then someone smashes into the side of my car and all the wheels fall off.. Seriously?

YES 60FPS on a game pad. I know how to play games. I can quite simply finish the levels without too much hassle, but with minimal enjoyment and a frown on my face. I hope that covers the skill aspect that people keep coming back to. I'm just not enjoying the game and have no reason to invite my friends to play... so please stick the the point, the game controls badly, it's not impossible it just doesn't make sense and seems ridiculous and anti fun to me. Veering off around corners and careering into crap just because I want the sense of speed that this game never delivers on... I'd really just expect to see double the speed on screen for the amount of slip and slide action this game jams you into? Please, enough. Game isn't difficult, it's anti-speed and anti-fun. I would NEVER invite a friend into this. Ever.

I'm not having trouble completing the game, I'm having trouble enjoying the game!! I'm better off playing on a slip 'n' slide aimed directly at a solid granite wall.
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Dear Nobby

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Aso for my claim being factually incorrect about 100MPH etc... Even the slowest cars hit 100MPH within a couple of seconds, this cannot be right as the on screen indication shows the car just beginning to speed up. If it is fixed in Max Damage then obviously there must be a problem with C:R so I'm not sure where you are going with that.
Which one is it? You're either referring to the vehicle when it is accelerating or it already being at 100, make up your mind. Maybe you missed my point and I need to repeat myself. -"Vehicles are moving at the speed indicated, it is data straight from the physics model"

I've specifically stated that the on-screen feedback has been improved for C:MD, as that (as I have stated in my prior post) doesn't exactly do a perfect job of creating a sense of speed. Regardless, the vehicles travel at the speed indicated, this is absolute!
Just another '80s Dreamer....
Twitter Manifestation. - Mods for Max Damage.
Please do not use my old/deadname.
tonrac
speed freak

Dear Nobby

Post by tonrac »

I talk about newcomers being brainwashed by arcade games ... are You a newcomer ? I don't think so Because You seem to have some experiences with carma 1 and 2... please stop to take all i wrote for You, i wrote also some generality. Btw i don't say you are a troll, but by insulting people, You act sometimes like one.

You make some point in your post, and just after you make your speach unclear and provocative by using useless rude word.
TheCoach
hit n run

Dear Nobby

Post by TheCoach »

I still regularly boot up C1 or C2 and I can tell you Carmageddon driving was always weird, but it was never truly hard.

What changed in C:R is the damage being dealt to other cars and to your car, C:R cars seem to explode way too fast compared to the older games, this kind of makes it less fun IMO but that's a matter of taste I guess.

Lack of sense of speed could easily be the FOV, any quake player should know that higher FOV makes it appear like you are moving faster than on lower FOV even if your speed doesn't actually change, that's mostly because of the way the view distorts at higher FOV. Seriously you can even boot up a game like skyrim see how fast you move in it, then change the FOV to something like 80, it will immediately look like you are moving significantly faster.

Is there a settings hack for C:R to tweak it's FOV?
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Dear Nobby

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

Yup better stick to arcade racers with perfect race line assist, brake and steering assist etc etc.

to me, the handling is exactly the same as c1 or c2. And i remember not liking it with a keyboard.

But these days you can use a controller, and with a controller its fine. Yes some cars are harder but hey, games need to be a challenge. Like in the good old NES days.

Most of the OP complains have been explained over and over again. Lack of sense of speed....open world. Im not even gonna repeat it all.

But stating being good at some FPS game, should make u good at C:R. WTF. So i hereby back Fatcat completely..... you just need more practise, try MP and see how "good" you really are.
tonrac
speed freak

Dear Nobby

Post by tonrac »

For the lack of sense of speed, Nobby had post before that they add some more effect in CMD to correct that.

I can't find his post ... am i ok or maybe i have only dream that?
STShotgun
turbo bastard

Dear Nobby

Post by STShotgun »

TheCoach wrote:Is there a settings hack for C:R to tweak it's FOV?

Yup, and it's pretty easy to tweak - there's a setting for it in a file called camera_setup.lol in scripts.zad (the default fov is 22.5, but you can change it to any number).

Spoiler: Comparison (camera distance at 25)

ZAD mod:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gasjudtlwlmgqc5/zmod_higherFoV.zad?dl=0
C:MD Mods: Overhaul / Car Lot
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Dear Nobby

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

Tonrac wrote:For the lack of sense of speed, Nobby had post before that they add some more effect in CMD to correct that.

I think he mentioned how hard it is to create extra sense of speed by placing objects closer to create that effect in an open world. But i could be wrong.
TwIsTeDMiNd
speed freak

Dear Nobby

Post by TwIsTeDMiNd »

@ActionPooh I'm not even sure it's worth still complaining about Reincarnation while Max Damage is around the corner. Max Damage will fix almost every issue Reincarnation have so why bother with this thread?

Have you take a look at this video of Max Damage? What do you think of the sense of speed there? I've watched gameplay several times and I think everything is fine! If you think it's okay too, end of story.

If you really don't enjoy Reincarnation, wait for Max Damage before complaining, as you don't even have the definitive product in your hands. They've fully reworked the game for 6+ months so who knows what else have being enhanced... there's high chance the physics guys could have completely reworked the handling of some cars altogether so I suggest to wait and try it for yourself.
Epitaph
motorised death

Dear Nobby

Post by Epitaph »

Fr0nt wrote:

Most of the OP complains have been explained over and over again. Lack of sense of speed....open world.

So, why do the first 3 games have an awesome sense of speed and C:R does not? Guess they weren't open world, eh?
legomeaker101
hit n run

Dear Nobby

Post by legomeaker101 »

i actually agree with some things you have said:

1. the handling is not great, solution: increase the game gravity by a little bit

2.it is annoying how the ai behaves:teaming up against you turning right when i am going to hit them head on, solution: improve the ai

3.the cars DO look nice and render well :)

but there are things i disagree with you:

1.you spend 12 paragraphs saying "the handling sucks" not constructive at all, what do developers understand with "the handling sucks"? nothing

2.you always say "i will never show this to my friends" what if your other friends like this game?

3."make a dlc for better handling" what that means is pay a dollar to be op against others online no one should have better handling than others
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Dear Nobby

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

Epitaph wrote:
Fr0nt wrote:

Most of the OP complains have been explained over and over again. Lack of sense of speed....open world.

So, why do the first 3 games have an awesome sense of speed and C:R does not? Guess they weren't open world, eh?

You say they have an awesome sense of speed, i dont see that.
TwIsTeDMiNd
speed freak

Dear Nobby

Post by TwIsTeDMiNd »

Epitaph wrote:
Fr0nt wrote:

Because even though the original game had not a big amount of roadside objects to rely on for it's sense of speed, it's environments were packed with big, blocky square polys everywhere we could see pass sideways at full speed. That is, if you were playing without a 3dfx card with a resolution of 640X480.

Nothing serious really, just me thinking it's a fun fact our old games were able to rely on that :p
tonrac
speed freak

Dear Nobby

Post by tonrac »

Fr0nt wrote:
Tonrac wrote:For the lack of sense of speed, Nobby had post before that they add some more effect in CMD to correct that.

I think he mentioned how hard it is to create extra sense of speed by placing objects closer to create that effect in an open world. But i could be wrong.

We are both wrong ... Me because it's not Nobby but '80s Time Warp that said that Stainless add some effect to increase the sense of speed in CMD (see camera section) http://www.carmageddon.com/forum/topic/29426 Edit: in fact, '80s Time Warp also report in this topic (sorry not to have seen that) http://www.carmageddon.com/comment/84110#comment-84110

You, because what you are talking is a post wrote by Trent (i like his post when he explain us some tips and tricks used in video games).
Trent
mindless

Dear Nobby

Post by Trent »

ActionPoohole wrote:
Also, no one said to remove physics... There is a difference between fixing aspect ratio of Speedometer indication to actual ground traveled. There is absolutely no way in hell the speed indicator in this game even remotely resembles what it states... Not even close, it's actually quite ridiculous.
You are completely wrong. The game has a scale of 1 unit = 1 meter. Everything in the game uses this exact same scale, the cars do, the levels do, the peds do and, most importantly, the physics engine does. The speedometer's value is taken directly from the actual forward velocity of the car in the game's world, so when it says you are driving at 120mph in a straight line then you are moving at 53.6 units per second.

Scaling down the cars and levels would just be stupid as that would throw the speedometer completely out from the actual speed. If when the speedo says 120mph you would actually be driving at 180mph, as the unit to meters ratio would be 1:0.66666, so the speedo would need to be multiplied by 1.5 to be correct.

Scaling the world and cars down would not make a blind bit of difference to the sense of speed either. It doesn't matter if the ratio is 1:0.1 or 1:20, it will look exactly the same because

everything is scaled in constant ratio.

The "sense speed, as I have explained to other people complaining about it "feeling too slow" has absolutely nothing to do with the actual speed of the cars. A game can make a car look like it's going at the speed of sound when it's actually going 10 mph or a car can look like its going at a crawl when it's actually going at hundreds of miles an hour. The "sense of speed" in games is should actually be called the "illusion of speed" because it's almost entirely done with scene composition and visual effects. Here are some of the things which are used to give the illusion of speed:

Densly repeating textures near the car or camera

Lots of distinct objects lined up close to the car or camera (e.g fences, bollards, rumble strips, foliage, etc.)

Motion blur

Radial blur

Speed lines

Camera shakes

Field of view

Most racing games are restricted to tracks and so deliberately place things alongside the track in such a way to give the best illusion of speed, which they can easily do because they know the camera will always be moving alongside it in a specific direction. They also tend to have the camera very close to the car compared to C:R's default camera (though you can move it in closer) which greatly helps. Most importantly they use post process and screenspace effects to artificially increase the illusion of speed. It's not just arcade arcade games which do that, though they do do it the most obviously. Even games like Project: Cars feel a lot slower if you turn off the visual effects.

You can make C:R feel a lot faster by just modding the camera settings script to increase the field of view. The field of view settings in the script are half values, so 45 equates to a 90 degree FOV, 60 is 120, etc. Setting it above 90 (or 180 degrees) does some really weird things, though.

From what I gather of your argument, you're saying you would be fine with the way it handles if it "felt" like it was driving that fast, but because you don't think it's actually going the speed it tells you, you think it should handle as if you're driving much slower? So adding the speed effects (as Max Damage will have) you will enjoy the handling more because you're not forcing the notion that the car is going slowly on it?

The car handling physics are realistic for the speeds the cars travel with realistic levels of grip traction. The game's physics engine and vehicle dynamics system was developed using physically correct calculations and values by Dr. Kev, who has a physics PHD, and it was originally developed in conjunction with the Pro Drive rally team for a realistic rally simulation. Everyone involved with the physics engine and handling dynamics are big petrol heads and done a lot of racing from bangers to track days with a Radical, so they know how cars actually handle in real life and at high speeds. The cars would certainly benefit from minor tweaks to their settings (of which there are many) but the overall handling physics are realistic and a lot of people find them fun.

Also when I said it's not about serious racing, I included Death Race in that statement, because that mode isn't about serious racing either, it's about crashing and smashing your opponents while racing. It's not about doing perfect laps and shaving milliseconds off your lap times. The game doesn't even track lap times like that, so if that's what you're after its definitely the wrong game for you.

epitaph wrote:So, why do the first 3 games have an awesome sense of speed and C:R does not? Guess they weren't open world, eh?
They had a bit of a wider FOV and lots of small repeating textures.
a.k.a. Brent
starbuck
kill boss

Dear Nobby

Post by starbuck »

Perhaps the game is not in Miles Per Hour but Kilometers Per Hour.
Trent
mindless

Dear Nobby

Post by Trent »

The game's physics system uses meters per second (to match the 1 unit = 1 meter scale), the speedometer is calculated from that into either miles per hour or kilometres per hour. You can choose which it uses in the options menu.
a.k.a. Brent
starbuck
kill boss

Dear Nobby

Post by starbuck »

Trent wrote:The game's physics system uses meters per second (to match the 1 unit = 1 meter scale), the speedometer is calculated from that into either miles per hour or kilometres per hour. You can choose which it uses in the options menu.
Thanks I know how to change the settings. I meant the OPs game might be in KPH.
legomeaker101
hit n run

Dear Nobby

Post by legomeaker101 »

trent explaining Game mechanics one of the many reasons why i love the forums
Freeride Forever
turbo bastard

Dear Nobby

Post by Freeride Forever »

Carmageddon is the "antidote to racing games". INS what the antidote for the OP is but I suspect it involves a psychiatrist.

Go play Powerslide for a bit ya butt nuggetard. :/
hammr25
hit n run

Dear Nobby

Post by hammr25 »

I think the cars want to fishtail when accelerating because they accelerate a lot faster than cars do in real life. The acceleration is an intentional part of the game design and the poor handling while accelerating is a side effect. That's my guess at least. It's definitely annoying but I got used to it.
Epitaph
motorised death

Dear Nobby

Post by Epitaph »

Hmmm, thanks for the answers guys.

Guess we'll have to wait for C:MD to see any improvements in the "faster crushing gameplay" department.
shane
Stainless

Dear Nobby

Post by shane »

Yep, this is correct. For C:MD we've improved the sense of speed with effects such as the camera pulling back a little. We've also added new effects to indicate heavy collisions which affect the screen which helps in feeling those awesome slams up against walls!
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
ActionPoohole
pedestrian

Dear Nobby

Post by ActionPoohole »

Fr0nt wrote:Yup better stick to arcade racers with perfect race line assist, brake and steering assist etc etc.

to me, the handling is exactly the same as c1 or c2. And i remember not liking it with a keyboard.

But these days you can use a controller, and with a controller its fine. Yes some cars are harder but hey, games need to be a challenge. Like in the good old NES days.

Most of the OP complains have been explained over and over again. Lack of sense of speed....open world. Im not even gonna repeat it all.

But stating being good at some FPS game, should make u good at C:R. WTF. So i hereby back Fatcat completely..... you just need more practise, try MP and see how "good" you really are.

Calm down your ego mate. Here's a an analogy for you:

Say I was a young boy, my father made me learn the piano, play the piano... I became good at playing the piano but I always wanted to play the saxophone. I never enjoyed the piano.. No matter that I became good and succeeded in playing the piano. I could play many songs fluently.

Carmageddon 1 and 2 were different Saxophones and C:R is the piano to me. I can play C:R well. But I always enjoyed C1 and C2, they are my Saxophones...

I'm not here to make you feel like a big man, I'm here to complain about the shoddy handling, lack of sense of speed and that the game is just extremely boring, unlike the oldies.... I was trying to create perspective for you that I am a skilled gamer and I come to C:R to have some mindless fun, but all I feel on my face is a frown, even as I complete the levels in great success... A frown... So why would I suggest this game to my friends when it makes me frown, the probability is that they will not like it very much, that's the decision I made and I am sticking with it... Kapish?

Now shove your ego way up your jumper mate and continue being great at the Piano, but the fact is that I really don't give a shit about it no matter if you are better or I am better or the AI is better..!!

I'll always prefer my Sax.

My whole point here is that C1 and C2 are way more fun, the physics felt better, the driving was always sloppy and the cars were constantly skidding, but they felt like they had weight to them and I loved it... There were better crashes and everything seemed to have more substance... Something about it... It's hard to put my finger on it but maybe it was the levels, or the AI that actually went in for head-ons with you... Maybe it was nostalgia... But I have recently fired up the games and found them to handle better and actually feel like you're throwing around a heavy slab of metal... The AI wanted to have head ons with you... In this they're always evading head ons.. You ramp up speed something drastically and the enemy will steer out of the way at the last second and drive off a cliff or something. In C:R it just doesn't have that same impact... Something was just so much better... My fav was definitely C2.

So perhaps C1 and C2 did handle like garbage... But why was it not an issue there and it is on C:R... By direct comparison I'd probably point the finger at the AI and Map design... But I could be wrong.

Also, for everyone else stating definitive facts about the ratios and sense of speed etc... My point still remains that it just doesn't feel right, ratio correct or not. The game still feels extremely slow and seems to need you to break when it shouldn't etc, even if it is true to the originals in scale, isn't this 2016? Shouldn't something give?... Fun wise though, it was never enjoyable. C:R was the most boring out of all the series, worse than TDR.

I watched some videos of Max Damage, I guess it's too hard to tell if it handles well enough till it is played. But if it's anything like C:R I will probably not be enjoying or even playing it.

I want to like it, I wished I loved it, my childhood has a great big chunk dedicated to C1 and C2 and that is why I am so extremely disappointed in the enjoyment factor. It just totally sucks.

And to cater for everyones ego that says it's a skill thing, say I just totally suck at this game.

That doesn't make it any less boring and handle any less shitty and have any less anti-fun AI to me.. Oh how I suck so bad as I progress easily through the campaign, level by level through the campaign.. so easily, and so grudgingly I progress through the drudgery that is C:R. I want to enjoy it but it just feels so menial.

Reminiscent of "The tortoise and the hare". You decide which one succeeds in C:R. Yawn.

Good luck for all of us in regards to Max Damage. My hopes are not high if C:R failed so badly to deliver on the fun factor. But here's to hoping, and I wish the development team good luck on delivering us all the FUN that was meant to be Reincarnation.
flykas
turbo bastard

Dear Nobby

Post by flykas »

Well that analogy doesn't quite work because you said that you have to drive slow in order to control the car so that means you are not fluent at it, so what many people are saying is that if you put in the time to learn to control the car, maybe you would start to like it.

Or maybe I don't maybe you just don't like the game and thats that, but I don't want it to be chamged much because it is my fav game on steam.

Also while head on colisions could be fun, I like it how it is now because the damage is calculated more realistically. In old carmas when you went head on, very important factor was your speed because the faster you go the more damage you make, and now it depends on the strenght of your vehicle.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Dear Nobby

Post by CzechDeath »

ActionPoohole wrote:

the game is just extremely boring, unlike the oldies

Yeh well there are things I would've done differently aswell, But you should keep in mind during all this complaining and calling other people out on their ego -> which almost seems like irony in your case, that your enjoyment is your problem.

It is going on in your head. And that's OK, but It could serve as reminder that there is on need to go on about it beyond certain level. The CR will not change, The CMD is CR redux basically , so I can prettymuch predict that you are going to hate it aswell, but that's life...

I loved Return to castle wolfenstein, and I was not impressed with new order, you don't see me going on and on about how they fucked up. I dont go on wolfenstein forums catching up "GIT GUD" punches in my virual face... no...

It's meh so I move on -> life is too short ...and In carmageddon's case I'm glad NEW CARMAGEDDON EXISTS. =D

Running around claiming that you the best how their game should look like?
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Dear Nobby

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

ActionPoohole wrote: wall of text.
But it isnt a piano, its the latest saxophone, built based/on the old one. Im still having fun with the game almost daily. But its a sandboxtype game, you need to create your own fun. You cant expect the devs to give you a sandbox with a premade castle and hold your hand to entertain you. They already made the levels to explore, pups to screw around with and an awesome damage tech.

and i was serious, have you tried MP? its much different, if you can enjoy the chaos even when losing. I'm lucky i can, and its awesome.

calm MY ego?

ActionPoohole wrote:
As for GIT GUD? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcM7EoWRsGk I'm a top gamer and i'd probably smash you in nearly any game you could come up against me in. Noob.
ActionPoohole
pedestrian

Dear Nobby

Post by ActionPoohole »

Sigh... Read below please.
ActionPoohole
pedestrian

Dear Nobby

Post by ActionPoohole »

To flykas:

I don't have a problem controlling the car you thick headed imbecile. Can you not read? This game isn't hard, it's boring and feels VERY slow. I entirely understand the concept and execution of controlling the vehicles within Reincarnation. I have successfully completed missions. This is not an issue of learning how to control the cars, it's an issue of enjoyment. Get this through your skull. No issues specifically in relation to successfully completing missions were had by me. I have said this multiple times. I understand and can control the vehicles perfectly fine. Yes, you have to use the break and go slower around corners otherwise physics dictates that you will involuntarily smack into the wall careering along a concrete surface that feels just like ice. I get this is how it works, I have overcome this issue by slowing down to the point where I just scrape on by through corners without hitting them and maintaining speed that allows me to successfully complete the missions. I fully understand the game in order to achieve success. I learned it, I do it, I get it. I GET IT. GET IT? I GET IT!!

You use the breaks around corners and don't you tell me that I'm stupid for using the breaks and that in doing so means that I need to learn how to control the cars, is your brain made entirely of antimatter?

What do you not understand about the point that was written? Did you read it correctly or is your English entirely out of order. The analogy works perfectly because learning to control the car means you have to use the break often. If you don't slow down at corners you WILL smash into a wall. That much is obvious. Don't talk out your rear end like an oil slick. The point is that the amount you need to slow down feels excessive!! The car just wobbles out of control at a whim. I can correct this, I understand how it works. There is no driver assist built in to the operation of the vehicle mechanics. This is not the point in discussion. The point is that it feels excessively slow and that there are massive issues with collision enjoyment and AI decisions being ridiculous, they just evade collisions by doing ridiculous things like flying off the side of the map into the great acidic abyss.

To CzechDeath: I'm allowed to express my disappointment. Ego or not, I'm not like all these other guys trying to state an obviously incorrect point about skill. I may have an ego, don't we all.. But I'm not trying to prove myself to be better or worse.. When I speak of ego I speak of people trying to prove that they are so 1337 at C:R and trying to also prove that someone who doesn't like the handling must just suck. That is entirely not the case (Read Above to flykas), I'm just proposing a point that people disagree with, and obviously they have the right to express themselves, but so do I. When they read that someone dislikes something, they automatically assume it's because they cannot do it properly. (If I hated to dig holes that doesn't mean I cannot or need to learn to) This is close minded and absolutely ridiculous and also an obvious statement of a probable low intellect or such a large ego that they cannot just come down to earth and stop themselves from sharting out something like "ohhh.. well you're just shit!" .. That is just absolute fanboy garbage.

Carrying on in general...

So, for the love of #$@#$%# !! I may be annoyed but I'm not sitting here trying to prove I'm the best at this game and anyone who doesn't like the controlling needs to learn how to. You can learn to do something and be successful at doing it without enjoying it. Learn this concept. This is a fact of life. You can do things you do not like doing and still be successful at them. Many people have careers that they do not enjoy but are successful at. This is not something that can be disputed. What I'm trying to say is that there is something entirely NOT FUN about this game. Something that was so fun about the original classics just fails to exist in this title. It truly just does not exist, this game does not feel like even a tribute to the absolute masterpieces that C1 and C2 really were and still are to this day. And of course this is my opinion. Other people are more than welcome to enjoy driving around in a racing game that appears as slow as a snail, by all means, I'm not trying to take that away from you. Sure, I may speak antagonistically but only because people are so jeering towards me. It's more than within your rights to enjoy something that so deceptively captivates the sense of speed. Enjoy! I don't give a fuck.

I once built an old half busted computer designed entirely to play C2 by giving it the most non emulated feel I could possibly give it. What a wonderful experience that game is. An absolute joy to play, skidding around, head on collisions, interesting levels, blood and guts all over the place and tearing the other cars to shreds... Working your way up to those real big vehicles that ended up just crushing other cars like industrial waste compactors.

Then, I fire up C:R... My heart sinks.. Something is just.. just so... so absolutely wrong... Like if you had a friend, once such a joyous face... Now, a traumatized soul, slumping.. face down... That glint in their eye, gone. Post traumatic, like a soldier out of war... Never the same, not better... Not different per se, just worse. Once, shining bright, now dull...lost and confused...

Sad, empty and lonely.

RIP.
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Dear Nobby

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

ActionPoohole wrote:
But I'm not trying to prove myself to be better or worse.
ActionPoohole wrote:

As for GIT GUD? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcM7EoWRsGk I'm a top gamer and i'd probably smash you in nearly any game you could come up against me in. Noob.

as for digging holes, you are actually pretty good at it.
tonrac
speed freak

Dear Nobby

Post by tonrac »

@ActionPooh: Could you edit your post and remove the insult please, because no-one here had insulted you ... your attitude cause some to joke and i could understand it could make you angry. But you know, there is no bad guy here, no need for insulting people. Flykas doesn't deserve to be treated like you do.You overreact and don't help the debate to stay healthy.

Check who’s online