Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Cheats?

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
legomeaker101
hit n run

Cheats?

Post by legomeaker101 »

Does reincarnation have cheats?
Espyo
road raged psycho

Cheats?

Post by Espyo »

Not quite yet. But the devs said they'll include cheats one day in a similar vein to the old games.
I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a Pikmin fan engine.
starbuck
kill boss

Cheats?

Post by starbuck »

Legomeaker101 wrote:Does reincarnation have cheats?
Those cheats may lock out regular play though. Or may only work in CarMODgeddon mode.
legomeaker101
hit n run

Cheats?

Post by legomeaker101 »

starbuck wrote:
Those cheats may lock out regular play though. Or may only work in CarMODgeddon mode.

i don't think so because the original carmageddon didn't punish you for having fun so why would this one?
starbuck
kill boss

Cheats?

Post by starbuck »

Legomeaker101 wrote:
starbuck wrote:

i don't think so because the original carmageddon didn't punish you for having fun so why would this one?

The other one didnt have leader boards etc. And if I remember correctly you couldnt cheat legally in online mode back then. You could only cheat in single player mode.

You are not legally allowed to cheat on Steam in CR for example. Neither on consoles, hence why they have CARMODGEDDON so you can cheat but it doesnt count. Why do you thing these mods for CR disable regular game play ?
legomeaker101
hit n run

Cheats?

Post by legomeaker101 »

obiously the game would not save leaderboards and no cheats work in multiplayer but i bellive you should still be able to continue in carreer mode and freeplay
starbuck
kill boss

Cheats?

Post by starbuck »

Legomeaker101 wrote:obiously the game would not save leaderboards and no cheats work in multiplayer but i bellive you should still be able to continue in carreer mode and freeplay
Ten years ago was a different time. You could mod anything you want to. I used to mod gravity in C2. But that was single player and a game that only played on LAN etc.

But I seriously doubt they would let you cheat in career mode. Again that is why they have carmodgeddon. If you modify one thing in the game pretty much it detects you are cheating and disables career mode.

Freeplay is just that FREE PLAY. Doesnt count towards career mode.

On XBL for example if the devs dont enable lets say "flying mode" and you find a way to unlock it, Microsoft can and will most likely ban you. Regardless if its offline or online mode.

There would be no way officially to see which cheats are legal and which are not legal. And career mode has achievements which you can find some cheat to bypass the legal route.
starbuck
kill boss

Cheats?

Post by starbuck »

This is a nice link here ...

http://steamcommunity.com/app/249380/discussions/0/405693392910846849/

Read the first reply from Devilbox games
Trent
mindless

Cheats?

Post by Trent »

I actually lied a bit in that Modding FAQ post. You can run mods without it tripping the modified data detection and locking out MP and disabling career saving, but that is due to a bug in the current version of the game which mistakenly loads anything in Data_Core over the top of the ZAD data, which is why my UI Supermod works.

Speaking of my UI Supermod, it contains a few cheats for freeplay mode, such as changing opponent APO, stopping the clock and letting you buy powerups with PIS even if you don't have enough money. Grab it here and extract the package to the game's directory: http://www.carmageddon.com/forum/topic/29455
a.k.a. Brent

Check who’s online