Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Best Computer For This Game?

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
ddacruz
pedestrian

Post by ddacruz »

Am a complete noob on a good gaming PC. Need some advice. Thanks.
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

The best computer for it is the obviously the same as the best computer for any game:

Core i7 6700k

NVidia Titan X (or GeForce 1080 soon when it's released)

As much RAM as you can fit in it.

That's possibly the most powerful gaming computer money can buy, excluding things like SLI and server style multi-CPU rigs.

I'm guessing that's not exactly what you meant though? Could you elaborate on the question a bit more? What exactly do you need advice on?
a.k.a. Brent
tonrac
speed freak

Post by tonrac »

@ddacruz: we need to know how much money You want to put in your computer before giving You an advice (Trent is joking because You don't give enough informations). We don't know your budget. We don't know what do You expect in term of gaming experience ? FHD 60fps maxxed out ? ... Or will You be satisfied running the game at FHD 60 FPS medium détails? A good configuration to run Carmageddon Reincarnation at FHD beetween 50 to 60 FPS maxxed out could be an i5 or i7 CPU with 8go of RAM a GTX970 and a 256go SSD (it help for reducing the loading time). Btw the game run on plenty of machine by reducing graphics settings (You don't even really need an SSD).
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

one more question on top of Tonroc is that do you know how to build computers your self and do you have a computer store you can buy bits or at least buy online on ebay for instance ?.
RiOrus
turbo bastard

Post by RiOrus »

Depends what your after bud. The enthusiast standard is a resolution of 1080p at a frame rate of 60 per second. That means you'll need a 60hz monitor. There are loads of options, higher resolutionsx such as 2k and 4K and differing refresh frequencies offering more frames per second such as 120Hz and 144Hz. Each have their own pros and cons. Likewise your graphics card (GPU) will likely be the single most expensive piece of hardware in your computer and what will likely determine the quality of your gaming. If your looking for 1080p at 60Hz You're best bet would be to buy something mid to high end like a nvidia gtx970 which are pretty good value for money. Carmageddon reincarnation is reasonably well optimised now, however it'd be useful to you to look at some GPU benchmark tests!to give you an idea of what performance you'll get in leading triple A games. Nvidia are releasing their next gen 1000 series GPUs in the next month so you'll see a further drop in price on the 900 series graphics cards.

Or if the whole PC thing is too much like hard work, buy a console and get carmageddon max damage. Although I understand the target quality is 1080p at 30 frames per second.
andreas aspenberg
mechanic

Post by andreas aspenberg »

it runs well on my pc with gtx 650 ti boost.(i7 cpu). you should get perfect framerate with a gtx 960. one thing i do not know is wether it uses a 32 bit or 64 bit executable. if it uses a 64 bit any amount of gpu memory is ok but a 32 bit executable is trickier as then gpu and ram memory is combined to form available memory.
LuckyMike
hit n run

Post by LuckyMike »

corei7 and titan

...how awful. :-)
tonrac
speed freak

Post by tonrac »

@andreas: i think you could change your Old 650ti with a new Gtx1060 to give a Big boost to Carmageddon and all your games ;)

Check who’s online