Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Stream Q&A collection

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
deadsheep
hit n run

Stream Q&A collection

Post by deadsheep »

A couple of screenshots from the latest twitch stream for those who are too lazy or don't have time to watch it (they're pretty low quality since they're grabbed from the stream, but it's good enough to notice some of the graphical changes!)
WARNING: 21,3MB

FatCat
mindless

Stream Q&A collection

Post by FatCat »

I can hardly believe what i saw today, the game looks so improved graphically!
Epitaph
motorised death

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Epitaph »

Well you better believe it, cause it's FUCKING COMING!!!

I came back from work yesterday, and i saw an announcement on facebook that there's a Twitch.

Didn't read what it was all about, but when i saw the title "SNEAK PEEK OF UPDATE 2" in the Twitch site, i got crazy :D

Bad thing for me, i only visited the site for the last 3 minutes! But it was great!

Guys have done an awesome job, and after watching the stream later, i have to add that i'm too happy for this game.

We got this update coming in the next 2 weeks, we'll have one more around Christmas and then the third one with the relatively big content update (maps, cars and mechanics).

FUCKIN' REVED UP I'M TELLING YOU
YautjaLord
speed freak

Stream Q&A collection

Post by YautjaLord »

The cars are now so fuckin' SHIIIIIIIIINY, everything else pales in comparison to that. Well, almost everything: post processing (bloom, motion blur, DOF) looks even awesomer too. Plus nobs said they improved the speed (optimized framerate?) on all specs (min, recommended & uber) - can't wait to test it. Hope it won't bring my PC to it's knees too much when i'll crank up everything to the max, 1920x1200. lol HD gibs & car parts-a-flyin' - here i come, fuck yeah. Won't mind to wait, will visit homepage for this update religiously. lol Cheers.
Deadhart
motorised death

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Deadhart »

Myself, I'll remain incredibly patient. For in December, I'll be building myself a new rig baby! No more medium details and low framerates for me!
RiOrus
turbo bastard

Stream Q&A collection

Post by RiOrus »

Deadhart wrote:Myself, I'll remain incredibly patient. For in December, I'll be building myself a new rig baby! No more medium details and low framerates for me!
mmmmmmmm nice. tell us about it, what you going for?
Deadhart
motorised death

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Deadhart »

RiOrus wrote:
Deadhart wrote:Myself, I'll remain incredibly patient. For in December, I'll be building myself a new rig baby! No more medium details and low framerates for me!

mmmmmmmm nice. tell us about it, what you going for?

Hard to tell yet, waiting for new graphics cards to appear on the market, which my friend keeps telling me should happen by the end of november. But I plan to limit myself to 1500 € budget.
FatCat
mindless

Stream Q&A collection

Post by FatCat »

I really wonder how the tracked tech will work, it sounds like it will be very very complex, aparently it's almost done according to the stream, imagine all those chained links moving in tandem.
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Stream Q&A collection

Post by '80s Time Warp »

I really wonder how the tracked tech will work, it sounds like it will be very very complex, aparently it's almost done according to the stream, imagine all those chained links moving in tandem.
This is purely speculation, but I can see the path of the track links being defined by a series of Null Nodes wrapping around the positions of the road, idler & drive wheels. Then the track link model scale/size is then determined by an equivalent of the scale/size defined in a wheel node. The structure data defines which wheel is the track drive wheel, the number of links necessary to make the track & whether or not the entire track assembly is a point of steering (and can rotate), or if it just steers via skid steering.

As for the damage mechanics, I wonder what the effect of the stinger power-up would be on tracked vehicles? Does it simulate the effect of the track tensioner breaking? Or the track pads coming off?

Looking forward to seeing it when it comes :)
Just another '80s Dreamer....
Twitter Manifestation. - Mods for Max Damage.
Please do not use my old/deadname.
KevinKC
hit n run

Stream Q&A collection

Post by KevinKC »

About the 23/10 stream.

The change in atmosphere is great, I think I heard Nobby say every environment would have two different versions which is very good news. The Eagle is a bit too shiny for my taste but when you see the Eagle from the Alpha, the one of the release and that one, it's quite impressive an evolution. The other cars are really incredibly beautiful.

I'm starting to feel very... frustrated by this game because it's becoming a lot better than I expected on many levels but is found lacking on the most important one: the gameplay.

If you watch the last stream, you'll see good examples of what's still wrong about the game. Shane drives the Eagle for ten seconds in a straight line and the car never seems to reach a high speed, he uses powerups to kill every single opponents, or ok, crushes twig'n' berries against a wall and wreck him in just one go. There's no chasing, no hunting, no suspense, no evolution of the situation. It's just random encounters that very quickly end with the player getting wrecked ridiculously by a small collision with the opponent, or the opponent getting wrecked by a powerup. The car loses wheel all the time and Shane repairs constantly. At this point, there should be a "systematic repair" option.

But seriously, there is something unsatisfactory 90% of the time when a car is destroyed in the video. Each "wrecked'em" or "wrecked" is an example of something wrong. Even though damages look absolutely incredible the cars are destroyed by small collision, survive very violent ones, the player's car explode "randomly."

I actually felt weird when Shane goes into into a big pile-up, is thrown from one opponent to another, Psycho pitbull, Halfwit Harry, what's going on on screen is impressive and fun, the game shines, and the Countslash is in the air, that's Carmageddon, but the car hit a wall, it's a very small bump compaired to what it has just endured, and bam explosion, "you're wrecked" and Shane and Nobby's mood takes a dive.

Carmageddon is not about trying to avoid being wrecked, it's about chaos and mayhem that makes you laugh. Truly, the focus should be on not forgetting to check if you have time, but the timer has become absolutely expendable in C:R. Both anemies and peds give you plenty of time so, if you lose because you've run out of time what where you doing ? Were you parked motionless in front of a building ?

On the whole, I think the focus is obviously on multiplayer, I think most flaws come from that. Powerups, one shots, useless timer, useless head-ons, the game is balanced so as to fit multiplayer. But would we be playing Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat if the solo experience was similar to the multiplayer one ? Or any FPS ? Or third person shooters ? The solo mode is always different from multi.
YautjaLord
speed freak

Stream Q&A collection

Post by YautjaLord »

You guys did Fuckin'A job, especially in the ice level. Whatever you do - keep it up, just know this: i fuckin envy you, hate to be teased with all this post process thingy at your disposal. lol Keep it up guys. Cheers.
Epitaph
motorised death

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Epitaph »

So apart from the filling gaps in the Icy Oil Rig level, we got no content updates for this one.

That means Cars, Maps, and Mechanics (Car Splitting, 6 Wheeled Tracks, Tracked Vehicles, 2-Wheeled Vehicles etc) will come in the next 6 months!

So hyped about the futchar!

MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Stream Q&A collection

Post by MrDeviance »

With all the love in my heart I have to say it. That Tannel guy seems like a joyous nice character but he has got to be told to talk slower and chill THE FUCK DOWN.

I understand Stainless took him from his own country and hired him, after he did some pro fan videos on Carmageddon Reincarnation.

All good and cool. His videos are really great but for the love of god, stop putting him in streams!

He is at least 100 times louder and more incoherent than Sim used to be...

And to have him in random boring streams might be tolerable or not that problematic but to put him in a stream where Stainless is actually trying to market the updated visuals on the game, a stream that should be as coherent and as tied together as possible, is kind of a very bad thing to do.

I've seen people commenting that they could not take his retarded screaming anymore and they simply could not watch the stream and they didn't get to hear or find out what's new in the game..

Tannel, if you're reading this, dude, bro... I get excited too when I play something cool and I get excited too at major jumps and squashes in carmageddon, but for the love of god, how old are you mentally? Contain yourself when you're in front of live audience of maybe thousands of people...

I literally cringed the for the first 10 minutes every time he shouted and I could see Shane try to diplomatically hide his cringing too.

Just letting you guys know.

As far as I am concerned, it's your marketing and you can do whatever you want, I should not have to tell you this but I was really bothered by it.

Half of the time I could not concentrate on what was being discussed there and I had to put with a lot of low brow and faceplams to get through the whole thing, to the point that I've almost smashed my face.

Just saying...
FatCat
mindless

Stream Q&A collection

Post by FatCat »

I will complely agree with Deviance on Tannel being waaaay too loud. His yelling makes the microphone audio peak and clip, it is extremely hard to watch, even with audio normalizatiion which makes dim audio easier to hear, and excessively loud audio more bearable. He needs to caaaaaalm doooown. If he were to show his enthusiasm in a more composed way, it would be better!
Psyrgery
speed freak

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Psyrgery »

Worst thing about Tannel arel his fans. Man they're annoying.
Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil
Epitaph
motorised death

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Epitaph »

Just because we want to offer him our fellatio services we're annoying?

CAMAN!!!!
nobby
Stainless

Stream Q&A collection

Post by nobby »

C'mon guys - give our occasional visitor from overseas a break. He's ENTHUSIASTIC about CARMAGEDDON! And he wants to SHARE THAT ENTHUSIASM. Even if it BREAKS OUR MICROPHONE/EARS.

We love him.

In extremely limited doses.
I was in the war.
KilltheGod
mechanic

Stream Q&A collection

Post by KilltheGod »

Psyrgery wrote:Worst thing about Tannel arel his fans. Man they're annoying.

What do you mean? I wasn't paying too much attention to the stream chat but he seemed to lure in just some random trolls. And the ear popping wasn't too bad after the beginning, in my opinion.
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

yeah the chat was a bit messy, and Tanel's excitement was nice to see. His genuine reactions to what was happening, even when it was loud. I also liked it back in the day when Sim reacted to funny stuff.

And to be fair, they showed the update last week so it wasnt really new, just more and longer It wasnt a press conference.
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Stream Q&A collection

Post by MrDeviance »

Imagine a stream hosted by both Tannel and Sim.

That would melt audio cards...

Tannel, this is how I felt after the first 10 mins with headphones on...
Kejnel
speed freak

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Kejnel »

Devs, just use a software audio compressor/limiter to provide comfortable audio experience to your viewers. It is simple and effective.
If you want to report bugs or want to ask for features DO NOT USE FORUM FOR THAT! Instead send it to developers HERE: https://carmageddon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
KevinKC
hit n run

Stream Q&A collection

Post by KevinKC »

I think it's more a problem of recording than the guy actually being loud, although he is. But it was just for one video and it was cool to see that enthusiasm for the game and Shane being all calm, quiet and sweet next to that ball of electricty.
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Stream Q&A collection

Post by MrDeviance »

KevinKC wrote:I think it's more a problem of recording than the guy actually being loud, although he is. But it was just for one video and it was cool to see that enthusiasm for the game and Shane being all calm, quiet and sweet next to that ball of electricty.

I'm actually pretty sure that Shane realized that being at an actual work place, it's better for him not to tell Tannel to his face during live stream, that he's overacting even though I could sense him thinking it, he was very diplomatic about it.

Tannel seems like the kind of guy that can't take a hint, especially if you are subliminal about it.
KevinKC
hit n run

Stream Q&A collection

Post by KevinKC »

He he he, I'd say Shane was very English about it.
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

https://youtu.be/uhAkCg1JyAo?t=3361

I'm glad my beeping got noticed! :D makes my effort worth while using the controller + keyboard just for the horn.

for those thinking wtf?! :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqjD3CblCwU
AlexTSK
mindless

Stream Q&A collection

Post by AlexTSK »

BUIBUvyFR wrote:Though I would hope to see the wheel spin, at least as an option, even if it is initially unbound.
Wheelspin has been in the game for quite a while now.
Trent
mindless

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Trent »

Ignore it, it's a bot. It's 3 posts are reposting sentences from posts on the first page of the threads it posted in, such as: http://www.carmageddon.com/comment/51286#comment-51286
a.k.a. Brent
Tipsy
hit n run

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Tipsy »

oh it has been longtime..

Gonna try to catch a stream one of the days.

Missy kissies
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Stream Q&A collection

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Bump: Q&As from the December 02nd Livestream

04:03] When are we gonna the PS4 version updated?
"There is no update planned at the moment. Everything is tickety-boo, at the moment."

39:20] Any news or hints at any plans to take this game further with DLC content or future Carma games?
"We do have a mobile Carma in development. Obviously we would like to take this further with more stuff, but that is all in discussion a the moment."

41:28] When is the Beta ready for that mobile game?
"We haven't got an exact date yet, but as soon as We do have a date, We will let people know"
"It will be shortly after Christmas, that is the current estimate."

56:08] Any plans for more maps?
"There's loads of stuff we wanna do. We want to get community game stuff in there. We are discussing the outstanding plans for Steam Workshop, and allowing for a version of career which actually allows you to use modded data - all these things that we want to do."

58:26]
"Workshop, It's a case of we've got to get resources free to do it, which we can't at the moment. We've got people working on all sorts of things. But we still want to do it."
Just another '80s Dreamer....
Twitter Manifestation. - Mods for Max Damage.
Please do not use my old/deadname.

Check who’s online