Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

WIP; Here we go...

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Junkpile
mindless

WIP; Here we go...

Post by Junkpile »

I sketched this vehicle out quite some time ago. I thought about it when the Retro-styled 2005 Mustang was first seen by me. I thought it was gorgeous. Then, other's began Retro-styling their favorite American Muscle. As much as I liked all of these other's, I fealt that the Camaro, especially in the mid 70's through late 80's body style. So, I sketched out my own concept for this & contacted AdR about possibly modelling it. I simply didn't feel that my modelling skills were up to the task. AdR was busy at the time but, interested. So, I waited patiently. Then yesterday, he finally got started on it & I got the first glimpse of this beauty. I have recieved two more updates since. I love what I'm seeing & I hope you will all like it as well. Without furthe ado, check out the front of the 20?? Chevrolet Camaro Concept! Image
Peace & love, my Brotha... SPLAT!!!
Junkpile
mindless

Re: WIP; Here we go...

Post by Junkpile »

And, the rear... Image
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

Now remember, this is a work in progress. It is nowhere near finished. Input of all types will be welcomed. And, AdR or myself will attempt to address all input possible. It WILL be available for C2. Skinning hasn't even begun. So, be patient. :lol:

Laterz!

Dean
AcdTrip
hit n run

Post by AcdTrip »

it loooooks sweeeeeeeeeetah :lol: !!!!
Your Father Wanted To Use Computers To Free The Body From The Brain!!
- We like to use automobiles -
TheJabMan
.:protagonist:.

Post by TheJabMan »

Not a big fan of the wheels, but anyhow it kinda just looke like a late model Trans Am with a whacked body kit :crazy:
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

I can see where you might get that impression. But remember, that this is a work in progress. I did the original sketches. So, believe me when I say; It will look quite different from a late model Trans Am soon. Be patient... :lol:
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

I like the rear shot a lot more than the front...(Apart from the splitter in the back window)

The front view is all a bit kerwooky though, a bit like Beroc's "Dreamcar", if you can remember that far back... The skirt looks kinda outta place, and I'm not quite sure of the contours on the front. Also - the headlights look kinda strange... I feel they'd look better if they sloped inwards toward the middle of the car, instead of going to a straight boxy edge...

But as you said, it's a WIP - Nice work so far, should be interesting to see where it's going :smile:
random_monkey
MuscleCarFreak
speed freak

Post by MuscleCarFreak »

Not a big fan of the wheels, but anyhow it kinda just looke like a late model Trans Am with a whacked body kit

Those were my first thoughts too: Due to the front.

It looks kick-ass allover, but you have to change the grill IMO. Cause like it is now, it really has the typical Firebird shape. If you want to create a Camaro, rip that thing off! Camaros never had a tiled front so far, you shouldn't brake that tradition if you really want to call this concept a Camaro.

About the wheels: The look and shape of them is very cool, but you should change the size! That size may work with chromy lowrider wheels, but with those wheels it just looks like a toy car. :crazy:

But take this only as constructive criticism as long as it is a WIP. :wink:

I like it very much though, original and something really really new :smile: (haven't seen a second gen. Camaro retro concept yet). :thumbsup:
Carboy717
road raged psycho

Post by Carboy717 »

Sweet :shock: :shock: :supercrazy:, wheres the drooling smiley?
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

Woow...ok, so no apoc but this rules too :wink: i like it he way it is, hope it will be dark red then too :wink:
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

OK. I agree that there are things that need work. But please, if there's something you don't like, try coming up with another way of doing it. It's much more "constructive" that way. :smile: I don't remember a Firebird OR Trans Am ever having a grill anything like this. But, I think the grill will be staying.

I ust woke up. So, that's all I can think to type right now. :tongue:

Dean
MuscleCarFreak
speed freak

Post by MuscleCarFreak »

Ok, you are right Junkpile, my criticism was rather destructive than constructive, blame me :tongue: .

So here is my suggestion of how i think it should look like instead (notice that i also sized down the front wheel):

And it's not like that I don't think that grille wouldn't look good, nah i really like it, but me as an old chevy enthusiast just can't call that a Camaro :wink: .

Here, a pic of a Trans Am from the same model year. Of course, it is not the same grille, but you have to focus on that middle "nose" that tiles the front, that's typical Pontiac:

AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

Ok, too much stuff here and I just woke up, so I'm gonna reply to the most important things.

We're going to make a Camaro out of this, I'm aware it started as a Firebird, but JP wants it to be a Camaro... so it'll be a Camaro :grin:

Why the wheels are that size? I thought this should be a road as well as an off-road vehicle, so if I make the wheels smaller, it'll have a very low ride height, wich will be useless in the Carmageddon world. I think this should definitely keep that "Carma" feel, think of the Eagle, for example.

'bout the headlights, I came up with these:

They aren't final, still waiting for JP's approval :wink:

TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

Looks good to me :smile:
MuscleCarFreak
speed freak

Post by MuscleCarFreak »

Just for y'all to know: I take my critics back as I (finally) got that it's gonna be a pure >Carmageddon< car, which justifies the big wheels and the overall "extreme" look.

I'm looking forward to seriously threaten some peds with this one :tongue: .
DEMENTOR
demented bastard

Post by DEMENTOR »

God, I have to reply to this one because that is a beastly motor.

I don't really know what else to say about it, because...I don't know?

But I'm looking forward to the release!

:rockon:

But I can definately see the resemlenses, of the camaros and firebirds etc.

Looks like an MCF creation, which is NOT a bad thing.
<---- 1970 Plymouth Superbird (Richard Petty Replica) at Brooklands.
Carboy717
road raged psycho

Post by Carboy717 »

How about a grille more like this?

I think i would look better
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

I did some work on paper today for the Headlight's, Taillight's & Grille. Unfortunately, I have to hook up my scanner (Again!) in order to get these to AdR (Already E-Mailed him about this...). But, I should be able to take care of this in less than 24 hour's. I think I really accomplished a Camaro look with it this time.

MCF; I realized that you were right about it looking more like a T/A. So, being a Camaro fan myself, I just had to fix it. I think you'll like the changes once they happen. :smile:

Carboy717; I did go with a Grille VERY similar to that one. In style at least.

OK, G'Night. I'm beat & the little woman's wanting some attention. :rockon:
AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

I haven't seen the sketches but this is what I came up with (thanks to MCF for the tips on the headlights!).

@ob
road raged psycho

Post by @ob »

wow. that is cool!!!
AcdTrip
hit n run

Post by AcdTrip »

really sweet... :smile: that kicks ass :lol:
Your Father Wanted To Use Computers To Free The Body From The Brain!!
- We like to use automobiles -
Carboy717
road raged psycho

Post by Carboy717 »

I think the front is a little to pointy other than thta i think its great!
Evil Blarg
road raged psycho

Post by Evil Blarg »

Hell. Why would I keep trying to make cars myself?

There's enough brilliant shite coming out from you people.

It keeps amazing me that people are able to do this.
SoupaVedg
motorised death

Post by SoupaVedg »

That's a nice car, but you should reduce the bumper... It's way too far from the main body and that don't look right...
SoupaVedg! The only super hero who have Soup in his name!
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

It looks a little silly at the moment... You should make a it a lot wider, or it looks like a toy car or something.
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

VILLAGE IDIOT ON DECK!!! :rofl: :lol:

I can't believe theuy haven't gotten rid of you yet... :thumbsdown:

I just sent the sketches out. I do like what I'm seeing so far. The Headlight's will definitely be kept. I think we can do better on the Grille, though. AND, I have a concept on the Taillight layout now. Let's just wait & see what AdR does with it. :smile:

Dean
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Hey, Dean...C'n I stick ma 2c in here?

What I'd prolly do if'n it rolled inta my shop is either stick with that Cavalier-lookin' grille or go with a split grille a la Pontiac or sumthin..

Seems like dat car looks a bit like a Chevy Beretta on 'roids, it does..

I'd stretch the whole thing out a bit- It looks kinda cramped front-to-back. and the T-tops, I'd run them alla way to the end where they'd meet the top of the door windows. Like the Trans Am. (Bury the reinforcing edge under the glass if need be. Not keeping it visible.).

That air dam? I'd round it out some on the trainling edge and roll it under the car some-or square it off on that edge...either way. I think it just looks a bit out of place all stretched out and pointy like that. (But that's more the original Carmageddon style-all stretched out and pointy.-I'm just thinkin' along the continuity of the body lines, which in my opinion-the split rear window doesn't follow.

Did ya cross a 'Vette, A Trans Am, and a Beretta?

Oh, yeah-I'd lower the top some too...

Just what I might do.
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

and the T-tops, I'd run them alla way to the end where they'd meet the top of the door windows

Not Quite possible, You'll see why shortly I'm sure. You'll know exactly what I'm refering to when you see it.

That air dam? I'd round it out some on the trainling edge and roll it under the car some

On this matter, I totally agree with you. In fact, I had already brought this up to AdR via E-Mail.

which in my opinion-the split rear window doesn't follow.

My response to this would be the same as my response directly previous response. So, just read it again. LOL

I'd stretch the whole thing out a bit- /// Oh, yeah-I'd lower the top some too...

Now, these are thing's I had not yet considered. And, I think they should be now that you brought them up.

Oh Yeah,

C'n I stick ma 2c in here?

I always hope to hear from you on these thing's. Eventhough we have had our problem's in the past, I have still known you longer than anyone else on this Board & respect you the most. So, speak up any time you feel like it. :wink:

Dean
doomsday-biker
Post-Apocalyptic
Location: - - TDR-2000 - -HIGHLY-DANGEROUS CRAZY MOTHER FUCKER ?

Post by doomsday-biker »

:mad:That Is AWESOME ? :thumbsup:
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Eventhough we have had our problem's in the past,

Dude. I figured that was ancient history....unless yer keepin' score.. :grin:
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

Nah... I jusat believe that thosse who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. & I do NOT want to go down that road again... LOL

Dean
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

There is a slight update on this beast. We are trying to take into account all of the suggestion's we are getting. Here is what AdR has done thus far: Image
MuscleCarFreak
speed freak

Post by MuscleCarFreak »

Nice, that grille even looks better now :tongue:

Ever thought of making it black/dark grey btw?

To that new hood: AdR showed it to me before, but after thinking on it alot, I came to this conclusion: The "cowl induction" thing looks cool, BUT that one has only been usual on pre-74 Camaros. The ones after that time, which you are refering to with this concept, had those hood bulges rather getting pointy and more flat towards the front.

I think that might look better on this concept too, as it's overall pointy and already high enough, with the hood like it is now it might look a bit too "plumb" if you know what I mean (supposedly not, lol).

Here's a pic for you to know what I thought of, referring to the original Camaros, a '81 one in this case:

You don't have to make the shape exactly like this one, I'd leave it higher towards the windshield and only flat it more where it goes to the front, it's your decision.

We don't want to come up with a total original '80s Camaro in the end :wink: :wink: it's still a concept, let your creativity play :wink: .
Carboy717
road raged psycho

Post by Carboy717 »

That grille is much better
TheJabMan
.:protagonist:.

Post by TheJabMan »

That 4 angle post, the front looks like a new Caddy... hmm and right now, it kinda looks like a pissed off Mercury Cougar,but eh... actually I'd probably like that more. Not so sure about the skirt its got going, unless its on rails in an area overpopulated with cattle?

Meh, I still likes, and I cont model fer shite, so hey.

Check who’s online