Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

C1 Stuff

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
Mad_Maxine
Pink

C1 Stuff

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Here, I made something
Totally unlike me I made something fast, and something that goes against all I belive :p

The C111
I did like its funky 70s concept car look, so I decided to make a quick moidel of this, with a very quickly done dash interior, wich uses the hawk hood model.

So far im happy with it, I think it has my usual carmageddon1 error of being too small but Im not going back now :P

Stupid question time tho?
What am I doing wrong with C1 sounds? every time I add a new sound to C1 it comes out horribly distorted, I figured adding it thru Carmageddit would work but its distorted, I changed it to the same Hz rate of 16000, but still horrily distorted, What am I doing wrong, how do I fix it? I know there were sound mods in the past.
Last edited by Mad_Maxine on Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QTZ
hit n run

Re: C111 & Dumb question

Post by QTZ »

I'm exporting sounds using Audacity export option (unfortunately it doesn't support this format in editor). First thing is to convert to mono, second is to set correct parameters and export to wav.

- Convert to mono - menu: Tracks -> Stereo Track To Mono
- Or if you want to use one channel, just drop one track - click on track name (default it is "Audio Track") in the left top corner of the wave preview (just after "X") and select "Split Stereo To Mono", then press "X" on unwanted track.
- set Project Rate (bottom left corner) to 16000 (It can be set elsewhere, but I have noticed no effect, so I set it just here)
- then export - menu: File -> Export, enter 8dot3 format filename, in save as format select: "Other uncompressed format", then click "Options..." select: "WAW (Microsoft)" and "Unsigned 8 bit PCM", click "OK", then "Save". For "Edit Metadata" click "Clear" and "OK".

Note: other problem with Audacity is that it have dither enabled by default - it change the wave output each time during edition (in such random looking way), so I prefer to turn this off - menu: Edit -> Preferences -> Quality, set High-quality Conversion - Dither to "None" (source).

That's it.

File opened in VLC (press pause, then go to menu: Tools -> Codec Information) should have such parameters:
Type: Audio
Codec: PCM U8 (u8 )
Channels: Mono
Sample Rate: 16000 Hz
Bits per sample: 8

Thanks to Krótki for helping me with the Audacity split to mono and for the dithering option.
hazardic
motorised death

Re: C111 & Dumb question

Post by hazardic »

nice i like it
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Re: C1 Stuff

Post by Mad_Maxine »

I have fixed it, Ok so sounds work wich means ill release the car soon.

Changed topic name as ill just dump some C1 stuff here for now.
I have the mercedes to release, I also have two other cars Modled but not ingame yet, for me making 90s style stuff is just. fun.

But for now heres a tweek I did to the main game, A blue hawk and bikini top dieann? This was mostly just an experiment to see how well I could edit the pratcam. Aparently its still finding frames of the normal clothing from somewhere despite me editing EVERY picture in the damn folder. so I dont know where its draging them from..

I was planning an eagle too? but I dont know what to do with max really heh, I currently have his voice as heavy tho..
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

I love the new Die Anna prat cam. Wish I thought of that! :beer:
hazardic
motorised death

Post by hazardic »

wow bikini anna :banana: very accurate cutting frames btw, i couldn't detect any failures
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

I was sure I had replied to this topic..!

That C111 looks super rad, and the helmet girl peds too!
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Check who’s online