Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Wip A-Truck <.< See what I did there?

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Wip A-Truck <.< See what I did there?

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Gooood Morning CWA
Yes thats right Im awake and filled with Rockstar juice!

So yall recall my FORD right? It was one of my favorite mods, I made sure it was compleatly accurate, and spent lots of time modling by hand all the details rather than just using 'stock parts' from my lib folder.

Even tho I look back and the main body seems dated, I should have put more effort into that. And the wheels (atleast on that stock version) have too big tiers for that era, so.

Here we go again, I decided to start another vintage car, And I plan to try some diffrent versions once its done, You know me, make the stock car first, If only GTA community.... if only...

Anyway Keep in mind this is early WIP pics but hey I tried to get the body right first off, Ya should easily see what im makin here :B

Beep
Boop
Bop

Just wanted to share some pics since I havent done anything for a while... .and this place hasent had a post for a while by the looks of it.. Ive been watching.

Hope ya like, I think now I best go model that engine model, Woo accurate engine model? Ill see if I can get it right atleast.

Edit:

One 4 cylinder Model A Engine
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Re: Wip A-Truck <.< See what I did there?

Post by Toshiba-3 »

mmyes
mmyes
mmyes.png (39.9 KiB) Viewed 12633 times
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Very nice and red and shiny! Love the 4 cyl. engine :rockon:
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Nice pic tosh, heh, I actully came back to this to check and hey ya made me smile so :P

So here we go 1930 Ford Model A, In eye catching red with yellow painted wheels, Non factory colors, Has the stock Model A 3.3L Inline 4 engine, producing 40 horses.

I did put a lot of work into this so time to shove it in the showroom Were back here again!

Even made these crappy Max Autos plates... they looked better in the texture.

The Ford Truck!

Put a lot of effort into getting this done, Interior is simple as allways But I tried to make it look as much like the orignal as I could, And be sure to waitright there for some hotrods and stuff, Tho for now heres a pic of stock model.. Has some extra lil period things, such as the grill protector, lil things like that.

So question, What yall think about the colors?

Btw, yes thats an earlyer Wip pic, I was too lazy to take another for comparison :|

Ya like it like this? Or would you prefer the orignal Maroon, Gray, or Blue factory paintjobs with orignal tan wheels, I cant tell if I like it or not myself :P
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

OMG, that looks like an actual photo of the truck! I like the red, but the maroon, gray and blue all sound great too...

One chart I found shows the fire engine red as a stock color, I don't know how accurate the info is...
http://free-vector-logos.com/1930/1930- ... int-colors
(the free-vector-logos.com web site is the slowest I've ever seen)

Outstanding job on this, and yes all sorts of mods would be awesome!
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Wich looks like a photo, The pohoto on the bottom left? :P
Ok so the rims, I might try get the rims closer to the orignal style too the wires I used for the pic are just recolored wheels from my Impala lowrider,

Anyway I just went back and looked at the red truck with yellow wheels I used as a refrence.
Equipped with traditional black Model A fenders and a non-traditional red Model A body, this pickup combines old school good looks with a modern color update that is much more appealing than the factory optioned maroon, blue, gray or green that most restored Model As wear.
Weird, I looked up some paint codes and red is indeed there, Unless they just mean this is a modern shade of Bright red that wasent avalible in 1930? I tried looking up some pics and well, all the stock ones do look Sligthly darker, but oh well, Too much research for just a C2 car not many people will use anyway? :P heh

Thanks tho, glad ya like, I did try remake the orignal faithfull as posible, I added a front plate tho, the red one I based it on Only had rear plates,

anyway yup, Ok im off to set up the car then, (I litrally just turned on pc and looked here and at youtube) After I got the orignal all to work nice, Ill add some stock color options, and then Its hotrod time!, thats the fun bit seeing what I can add, Means I gota model another flathead V8 tho heh.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

This pic I meant was the close up with running board and interior. :smile:

Yeah, I'm confused about the colors too. Maybe that bright red was reserved for fire trucks and tow trucks? Other charts I saw only had the maroon for a red.

Either way, I like that red as is.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Hai coffey, Yous online I guess,

Lookie what I just found, I made one of these for that T-Rod woody thing, so there ya have it, I allready have a Flathead V8 no need to model one :P Ill just go dump this model in then :D

AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

Beautiful work Maxine! textures and modeling looks right on, I like the fact that you're using just the right amount of polygons for every detail.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Well here we go..
No hotrods and stuff yet but Ive released the orignal with a bunch of adon stuff Kinda like I did with the bike. skins, licenseplates. etc.
Some changes too.

First change,
I changed the wheel textures to resemble a ford wheel more closley, I allways said they buged me and im much happier with this now.

Bits fall off but the hood was hard to damage. so I made that a flap insted ya.

The skins and wheel colors, Well I did do some research, turns out that the actual ford red looks slightly darker in real life, so yeah, I added some custom paintjobs, as well as some orignal factory colors for the body and wheels.
Skins also use 'invisable textures' to make addon parts apear in some skins.

So list of addon parts.

Body colors:
Andalusite_Blue
Aurora_Red
Black
Custom_Red (Default)
Custom_SurfsUp
Custom_Yellow
French_Gray
Kewanne_Green
Manilla_Brown
Manilla_Brown_2
Shell
Texaco

Licenseplates:
Alabama
California
CaliModern
Colombia
EuorBlack
France
Germany
None
Russia
UK
USBlack (Default)

Wheels:
Aurora Red
Aurora_Red_2
Black
Black_2
Black_3
Custom_Yellow (Default)
Tacoma_Cream
Tacoma_Cream_2
Tacoma_Cream_3

If you wana see a refrence of all the skins check the topic at Carma.com where I put them ALL in spoiler tags.
http://www.carmageddon.com/forum/topic/28876

Download at the usual place
Boop. http://demontailmods.webs.com/
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Wow that's quite a list alternate textures!

I'm away this weekend so won't get to check it out until tomorrow night. Looks damn nice though! :beer:
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Extensive skin delivery there! Typical Maxine service :thumbsup:
Some great setups with that, surf-flavoured addons always do it for me somehow!
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

This is really nice. I haven't tried all the skins yet.

Was there supposed to be a custom engine sound??
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Time for FIXES.
Because Maxine is a Dumbass

Its a maxi tridition, to never have a release go smoothly,

Ok so heres some fixes.

1. Added custom sound wich was intended, made, and set up in my own game, and then compleatly forgoten about, I plan to use this for all Old 4 cylinder cars,

2. Added missing Simple model. I dont know why I keep forgetting this. Anyway uses orignal skin, so it changes color with skin changes, Im sure your pcs can handle a few 256x256 textures right? :P pluss I made the simple model in like 10 minuets so >.>

3. Fix for Shell skin, Unlike the preview image I seem to have missed the fenders in the actual skin I uploaded causing them to stay black like so.

New upload has red fenders wich were intended to be on this skin.

4. Not really a fix, But I added some custom blue wheels for the surfer theam, Its all down to taste, blue wheels are love or hate from what ive seen people say. Also the modern california plate seems to add to these surfer skins heh.

5. Another non fix, But I added a custom skin base, so its easy skinnable, has the stock oil drum texture, and is in a shade of green that when alterd wont affect the other colors in the texture, Making this a super easy re-hue base :P If you think I dident give you enough colors and all. :D

Just go download it again and all the fixes are now in the zip... and ive Re-checked a few times. and downloaded it to look... ya.

anyway thanks all, glad ya like, Coffey: I havent tried all combnations yet heh, but hey Heres some combos I really do like.

I like the Andalusite_Blue + Tacoma_Cream for a classy truck heh whitewalls..

Manilla_Brown + Tacoma_Cream_2 Giving it brown paint and black wall wheels gives a more work truck feel. Also it looks like the truck in mafia now :D

And the Aurora_Red_2 black wall red wheels in my opinion work really well on the Texaco truck.
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Post by Harmalarm »

Those photo textures are so believable. Impressive model Maxy! :thumbsup:
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Thanks for the updated file. Sound and Simple model are great to have. :smile:
AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

Excellent work on the model and textures, very fun to drive, good details (I like the front mesh grille and the detailed engine) and lots of skins to choose from :beer:
Sleep Dirt
hit n run

Post by Sleep Dirt »

That Flathead V8 looks great Maxi :shock:
The Ocean Is the Ultimate Solution.

Check who’s online