Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Hiding and showing objects in plaything?

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Spectre2011
hit n run

Hiding and showing objects in plaything?

Post by Spectre2011 »

Texturing precisely looks so hard even in cesm plaything2, especially
when trying to goof around with another addon car, and trying to reapply the
textures.
So can you hide something thats in the way of the desired object which
you want to texture?

Edit: also I think some textures that even came with a correctly made car mess up and go completely transparent.
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Re: Hiding and showing objects in plaything?

Post by Harmalarm »

you can use the explode tool to get some visual space between parts of the car. Then do the texture work and afterward close the tool and everything is back where it should be. It's a real handy tool. :smile:
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Spectre2011 wrote: Edit: also I think some textures that even came with a correctly made car mess up and go completely transparent.
Black in PT2 is transparent, QTZ released a fix for this that sets a pink to the transparent colour but his patch never worked for me so you can try it but like I said, it never worked my end. Best bet is to not use pure black in textures but just a very dark grey initially until you're happy with how it looks then you can darken to a complete black if you wish, alternatively you could just ignore this transparency issue.

EDIT: Not sure it needs explaining as you never asked for it but just incase anyone else has the question in future, textures with alpha channels do not show in PT2, they'll just appear as an untextured face so it's always best to do your texture mapping without alpha channels before adding them.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Spectre2011
hit n run

Post by Spectre2011 »

Thanks, Im just getting the hang of this thing,
complaints aside Cesms plaything2 is actually a blessing due to all the bug fixes.
QTZ
hit n run

Post by QTZ »

PPP is for C1/SP palettes and tools (not C2). To patch select game folder or tool you are using (run multiple time for each tool).

Check who’s online