Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Nutopia - Powerslide Conversion

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Nutopia - Powerslide Conversion

Post by Harmalarm »

Another conversion bites the dust. This track features an underground enclave called Nutopia, a city that hasn't banned racing from its streets but instead made it legal to show of their automotive products. It's a pretty big track with lots of powerups.
download it here

Mad_Maxine
Pink

Re: Nutopia - Powerslide Conversion

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Yay now all we need is busty elves right?

I dunno why but this track gives me a rock n roll racing vibe, I love this kinda style, so 90s videogaming. Must try soon. :thumbsup:
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Ha, very cool.

I think I would change the order of Checkpoints though, just put the coords for what is now #4 first so you don't get a "Wrong Checkpoint" right away. :investigate:

The AI manage to do the jump back onto the second level entering in the tunnel, but I can't with the Eagle :oops:
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Very nice track indeed! These guys really knew what they were doing leveldesign-wise. Very good lessons for us as to track making.
With the default C2 lighting, I find it to look a bit bland though. I think I would have made it way darker and used smoothing groups to smear shadows on the floor (from pillars, walls, etc.). Kinda faking AO. Also using full lit materials (!).
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Check who’s online