Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Drone on

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Drone on

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Yeah, lets make a drone topic,
Ok so I had a lot of crap sitting around on my pc, some parts from maps I never did, and some drones from truck mod still exist,
so what I did was added it all togeather, replaced the orignal drones, and made an easy to install all american drone pack!, oh yeah I also modled a new train from nothin last week,

So heres what ya get in the pack

so yeah, all drones work, they all have been set up, the train does have a bounding box to let you jump betwene containers,so yeah hope ya enjoy

Go get em at mah site.
http://demontailmods.webs.com/c2-maps-drones-bits

Im allways making low poly junk, most of the time I dont use it for nothing, but ya know This is one of the times ive turned all my random models into something.

Heres that train again in its cared form, The other drones are leftovers from other mods so they dont have a cared form nomore.

also some of you may recall I did an early 1930s mod for beaver city, and the junkyard, with 30s drones,
well I was going to revive that set in the early 40s, so I have some late 30s drones here, I was also gona add a few early 40s ones to the mix, yep they still use those easy to get mafia textures,
figured id just show you these since there currently in pergotory not doing anything.

so yeah..
As allways if you have any ideas feel free to pich, theres not many drones ingame so if you want a 30s drone set, including again, all the cars, and the train (maybe planes too?) I can do that,
Europian drone set? sure, Future drone set? I can try, so if you want a particular theam, or era of droens to replace the orignals I can do that, I love making these low poly stuff.. its my 3d modlign way of.. doodling heh,

so yeah Enjoy, have a nice christmas if I dont see yall before then.
coffeycup
Genesis

Re: Drone on

Post by coffeycup »

These are great, I installed on my fresh copy from Steam. The train still does the wacky tilted angle thing. I forget, is there a fix for that? I don't remember it happening so much on my other, modded to death installs.

Those 40's cars are cool too, haven't tried them, you had done some 1920-30s drones. I remember some nice trucks. I've got them on one of my many C2 setups. :lol:
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

The train does the weird floaty thing? really,
hmm, thats strange, I tried it multiple times and it never did it in my game, I actully used the same txt file from spamtrak, and jsut changed the bounding box, I know there Was a fix, but I cant recall what it was, maybe something to do with the smooth or sharp cornering, and it being too long.
I just assumed it worked, because mine is very slightly shorter than the orignal train, and I havent seen an issue. I best go ahead and do multiple tests now :P

also yeah you havent tried the 40s drones because I havent uploaded them anywhere, They were for an early 40s mod I was doing but havent done, using mafia textures and such,

anyhow side note, I would eb very greatfull if you could upload my 1930s drones someplace again? I have 4 of the cars in cared form Somwhere, but I nolonger have fully setup versions? it would be nice to have them again,

well, im now gona go play with trains, I might actully experiment with drone points and your train trick too, making derailing the train in the woods much more fun.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Once again, those drones are so nice they could have been proper addons if given an interior :syikes: The two 30s drones are especially neat. Really like the dark red one, reminds me a bit of GTA2 car style. Could be a nice C1 item if carmageddonized a bit :swheel:
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

Love the new train! and the rest of the vehicles look cool too, very good low poly stuff.
trainset.jpg
trainset.jpg (229.03 KiB) Viewed 3447 times
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

hey everyone :D

thanks ADR, I apreciate it, I really do love making very low poly stuff, so I should get back into way more C1 stuff huh,

I feel next I should do some kinda 70s drone pack or something :D also I had a christmasy snow skin for beaver woods with a steam train, but I never got it finished in time, and my christmas was so awsome that I dident touch it heh...

but ya. I shall do more items.
the303
pedestrian

Post by the303 »

Loving this stuff, also badass train there!

Check who’s online