Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Addon Peds crashing the game?

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
onart
pedestrian

Addon Peds crashing the game?

Post by onart »

Hello everyone. Following the current renaissance, I dug out my old C2 and did a fresh install on an old 4-86 that still has win98 on it. I thought I spice it up with some of the nice addon peds from the maccarpocalypse site. I've done this before and adding them on and editing the text file should be a snap. Oddly only the "Yoko" ped works, with any other addon like Lara, the 4 pack or Kasumi etc, the game crashes on the spot...it doesn't even play the starup movie and just pops away. Any idea what may cause this? I am prettysure my editing is correct.
coffeycup
Genesis

Re: Addon Peds crashing the game?

Post by coffeycup »

I'm gonna guess your editing isn't correct.

When you added peds did you increase the number of total peds at the beginning of SETTINGS.TXT? Did you increase the number within the individual ped group? Are you sure you extracted files into proper location?

Without being able to see anything all I can do is guess.
onart
pedestrian

Post by onart »

I thought I did. Actually I just got Kasumi to work too. I will try a little more and if I get stuck, post the file - thanks!
onart
pedestrian

Post by onart »

Well got them all to work now, except the "MX" ones and Lara. I tried with sound and without all the soundfiles, result was always the same. I remember from long ago that Lara was a tad tricky, the other ones I did not know back then.

Since I haven't been messing with this stuff, I came to another question...I thought in the past I could just edit the graphic files in order to change the look of the ped. I was using the High Res pack now...changing the tiff files does not seem to change a thing in the game...id iy different with these?
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Delete the PIX16 folder. Game will generate new with revised TIFFs.
onart
pedestrian

Post by onart »

Thanks again, that worked! Now I;m down to trying the MX files and lara (which I perversely liked in the game). If I don't succeed again I;l send in my files.
BTw - thanks for keeping "the legend alife". I don't think I had any more fun with a game over time than C1 & C2..well maybe with Postal 2. Does the new one only happen on steam or are they planning a retail version too? I hate playing on steam :(
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Pretty sure C:R is Steam only.

Check who’s online