Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

wrestling with c1 cars...again

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
Spectre2011
hit n run

wrestling with c1 cars...again

Post by Spectre2011 »

So I actually pulled off a better test car, everything works until I hex edit the dat file to make it accept the textures, I simply add .MAT to the ends of the texture names,and I get the
"FATAL CARMAGEDDON ERROR"
"Cant load model file or its empty" or something like that
One more thing, Is things in c1 case sensitive?
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Re: wrestling with c1 cars...again

Post by Deep_Blue »

Hmm... Yes, the internals of the file *are* case-sensitive. I've had that problem before. Now I just hit caps lock before hex editing any C1 files.

If that wasn't the case, maybe ya mistyped something? It happens. Or maybe the modes (overwrite/insert, etc.) got switched mid-edit? (I've also done that-FRHED denotes each mode by cursor color and sometimes I'll click a line wrong and it'll change modes and I won't notice. Tosh pointed this out to me recently.)

Also sometimes when rushing to complete an edit-I may hit the wrong "." after a materialname (Sometimes it's easy to miss a point and end up with "materialname..MAT" or "materialnameMAT"

Usually it's just a typo.
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Spectre2011
hit n run

Post by Spectre2011 »

Woah thanks for pointing that out about the periods! hex can be so vague...
Anyway I got it running, every thing is spot on to me except for the crush data, but I'll figure
that out later.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

If you figure it out-lemme know. I just recently learned how to delete it so my cars won't turn into origami. (Unless deleting it is what ya meant.) :wink:
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***

Check who’s online