Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Peds DO show up in Harmalarms map scripts

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
starbuck
kill boss

Peds DO show up in Harmalarms map scripts

Post by starbuck »

Was messing around with Harmalarms scripts. I think its version 20121212, or version 32 of the map export scripts.

As of last I knew you could not get pedestrians onto your maps when preprocessing the maps in PT2. Well I think I found out why and it works as far as I know. It worked twice for me. Peds all over the place !

Say for example my very first texture I made in MAX is grass. For some odd reason in PT2 I cant get the grass texture to show up in the material groups of PT2. I couldnt even make a new texture called grass. When compiling PT2 would not recognize the "invisible texture" that still shows up in the windows, etc etc.

Well what I did is use a DIFFERENT slot in MAX and named the new texture grass2 and textured some objects in the model. When opening PT2 the texture in the bottom section (material groups) showed up and when I compiled it the peds showed up on the new texture !

I will feel stupid if people already knew this :)

Now to figure out why noncars dont get preprocessed :smile: Figured it out . Stupid me, had to name the noncars &64rock01, and &64rock02, etc. I WAS naming them &64rock0001 etc and nothing showed up.
coffeycup
Genesis

Re: Peds DO show up in Harmalarms map scripts

Post by coffeycup »

I'm not sure what you're talking about not being able to have peds my maps have peds in them. Maybe I'm not understanding.
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

I am talking bout when you use HarmAlarms scripting tool. I could have swore that I read that you cant have peds after using Harmalarms scripts in max. For example you cant in Blocksburg because pre processing it crashes PT2.

But I do admit that my wording is very poor sometimes when I post.

I THINK I may have a way for Blocksburg to be preprocessed in PT2 since it crashes when preprocessing. But I am going to need a few days on that. No promises on this. I noticed some weird things about naming conventions.

And for the last two tries I also got a lot of noncars in my map. But there is a glitch somewhere when you modify textures on the main model it seems to "forget" the noncars that exist in the map and you have to re-import them from scratch. I am not sure if the glitch is in HarmAlarms toolset or not , so not pointing fingers :smile:

Get back to you in a few days. Learning from scratch how to do trigger effects and smashable windows in my maps.
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Post by Harmalarm »

Haha, well actually my scriptpack can preprocess tracks as long as they are not to complicated. Blocksburg is a challenge and so far I havent been able to get that track working right away.

When I get back, in two weeks time, I will be putting everything back in order, exporter and track paperwork setup scripts, for you to do some proper exporting.

Sorry for the delay but I can hardly do anything from here in Bali... :)
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

What I think might be happening cause it happened to me was that noncars with only ONE texture on them should be named 01 at the end. But thats why I need a few days. One day when I am really bored I was going to check thru each object and see if the naming is right.

Not to critique you of course :smile: But curiosity. And pure boredom.

It would be one of the greatest days if you finished the scripts to do everything. PT2 is still a PITA. :smile:

Check who’s online