Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Truck Me [To do list]

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Truck Me [To do list]

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Hello fellow truckers.
No I have not abandoned this mod. and im running out of time, soon CR will come and everything will be obsolete. but I cant just let this go I have spent litrally.. Hundreds of hours over the past couple years on modling, setting, testing,

So I figured rather than it just not exist, id show you some pics of new stuff, What stuff has been improved, and what im doing now.

First lets look at my checklist,

Add new improved bounding box & hitch system to trucks :-
54 - 54 Done

Add new improved bounding box & hitch system to trailers :-
38 - 41 Done

Remake more accurate to life trailers :-
53 - 54 Done

Add interiors to all trucks :-
31 - 41 Done

Add new pedestrians to maps in correct locations :-
In Progress is all ill say.

Drone modling and setup :-
21 models done so far, Paths in early stages

New more realistic engine sounds :-
In Progress

Last jobs :-

Tidy up files Remove:
Unwanted images, Tif files - Not Done
Remove PIX16 folders in veichles - Not Done
Remove unwanted-unused sounds - Not Done
Test all mapst trucks final time before release - Not Done

So thats all done, Lets talk about this then itll be more intresting, I reolise now that nobody has actully played with the new improved truck mod, Yall are still stuck with the Very easy to detatch orignal test I did. Well as you know this now has the better locking hitch (I want to make this clear that is NOT indistructable, You will still loose trailers if you abuse it too much, Occasial physics errors happen too, You have been warned)

My aim: to create a more intresting version of my truck mod, with better models, and life filled maps full of moving bits.

List of races and what they offer. :-
These are the actual ingame names of the maps I used, Unfortunatly I cant fit a description ingame, so read here if you wana know what to expect.

Comercial District - U.S.A
A comercial area with shops, and construction sites, Trailers vairy from usual box trailers for genral goods to construction materials, Expect shopper peds, traffic drones and moving construction equipment.

Freight Yard - U.S.A
The freight yard, Still uses splat track as its base but with some alterd textures, and a little more trailer variaty dotted around, This is a freight yard, so theres everything from car transporters, to flatbeds, box trailers, and even mantinance stuff. Expect there to be comercial traffic arond, including other trucks and forklifts.

Long Haul - U.S.A
Same as the previus mod, But reskined, Still set in Deep blues long Max Map, now fetures a more green skin to make it look less australian, Sorry im too lazy to plot droens all over that map. and highway traffic with no concept of stopping for you would get irritating.

TRUCK PARK - U.S.A
New Map - Yeah this is new map, Its badly made, has lots of holes, and stretched textures in some places The whole idea of this place is inspired by the 18 Wheeler bonus parking mission, There are 4 parking lots with trailers and a connecting road, Ive been practicing myself and it is possible to park and move trailers without touching anythibn Even if they look burryed in a corner!, (if I can do it im sure you can) this was just a little idea I had I figured would be fun, Its also next to a road with a constant flow of traffic, Just to add those asthetics. - This map also comes with a yard spotter, For that tight parking.

Framin Al - U.S.A - Removed
Unfortunatly cared kept fucking this map so much I just lost intrest in it, It was a farm in alabama, I used google earth and plotted out a small area to make, there was going to be grain trailers, moving tractors etc. Mabye sometime.

Freight Yard - U.S.A 1952
Same splat track as previus, but with period early 50s trailers using Real life companys and logos from the correct era. (Roughly: this is jsut my disclamer incase I used a logo from 1955... Thers allways one who will spot it) - This map also fetures two fitting trucks to drive.

Roadtrain Run - Australia
Max map, This is where the roadtrains are, No drones again but long stretches of roads, and 3 diffrent types of roadtrains to pull around, - also fetures two driveable roadtrain cabs to fit the area.

Euro Freight - Germany
Using the map downtown devistation ive attempted to make a german looking area, its nice cleane and has europian style trailers (that should be fairly accurate, Based models on euro truck sim) This map should have fitting europian drones when compleated, - This map also fetures two fitting trucks to drive.

Euro Freight Winter - Germany
Exactly the same as above, but cold and icey, Comes with an iced up skin of both europian trucks to let you fit in.

And thats all of that so far,
Let me quickly show you some compared pictures to show the new detail added to trucks and trailers to get a more realistic feeling,

Heres the one you saw before, the generic box trailer, Now that I look back damn it looked plain, and unrealistic.

Heres the old tanker you rember

New realsitic american styled tanker trailer
Youll note the euro tanker is a totally diffrent model now too, Im trying to keep accurate. not just change the plates :B

Old log trailer

Realistic log trailer

As you can see Ive gone from just guessing, to actully reseraching types of trailer, Each trailer I made is not must made of random bits, I actully searched on comercial sales sites, found trailers for sale, and recreated the exact one I saw, in the color I saw and all, Am I taking this too seriusly?.

And Rember the old road trains?
Ya a 2d transparent texture for the front guard, and apart from that the same as the orignals.

Well lookie here. Its the new road train, With 3d modeld guard, windsheild bug guard, large 4 fule tanks live ive seen on them. Once again looked up them :3 Kenworth is the same too now.

Views:
Ive setup views now.

Standurd: I really dont think I need to explain this

Cockpit: Interior view with dash.

Rear View: I moved the bumpercam to low and just behind the truck, I kinda like how it turned out Note: Bumpercam on rodtrain cabs is much further back

And each map has trucks that fit, They are usually easy to tell, even if they are not you could allways jsut match up the plate styles :B Theres the us plates, german, austrlaina and old 50s plates,
Also each truck ive labled in the name as RHD or LHD, telling you wich side the sterring is.. Currently Only the roadtrains are RHD (wich stands for right/left hand drive btw) But mabye Ill add some british, or japanese mods later, And I have a strange urge to make some russian trucks.

Now for some random shots.
I liked this shot, over the beidge

Hers a quick pic of the new map and yard spotter.

Example of roadtrains, and roadtrain cam

Well its coming!, Ill try my best to get it done by the end of the week so some of ya get to screw around at the weekend :P pff, 100 hours of work for something thatll get boring in 20 munits. everyone needs a hobby tho right..

Also to kidna keep it alive ill add mroe maps, trucks and trailers, in packs wich will just be downloaded and stuck in (ill include new opponents.txt every time to make my spawning work) so think of them more as.. Updates rather than further mods onto my mod.

Lastly Im possibly going to give um making bad quality cab unteriors, Mabye ill leave the older trucks without hm.

Well coming soon, Hope youll like it as much as I liked making it.. mostly. :P
All for now.... fuck that was a lot of typing.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Re: Truck Me [To do list]

Post by Deep_Blue »

Oh, I have SO been waiting for this...(Road trains! YAAAA!!!)

Glad yer keepin' it alive!

:rockon:
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Hairba11
turbo bastard

Re: Truck Me [To do list]

Post by Hairba11 »

this is very cool.
If it runs, drives, stops, has a title, AND is under $300, I'll take it!

Check who’s online