Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Everything Else

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Everything Else

Post by Mad_Maxine »

So I like making few topics, and keeping all of my stuff in them, rather than back when I used to make a new topic for Every release.
I have a topic for requests, A topic for Cars... and aparently C1 tutorials of some description. But. no topic for peds, maps. droens etc. because I havent released any of thsoe latly.

So here it is Maxy's topic for.. .Everything else!

Heres where you will find, Drones, Maps, Peds, Sometimes stuff liek textures, cared models. plaything models and all other none car related items.

Lets start off with some C1 peds, New releases right here.

Ridgeracer, You know ive seen this ped squashed into flagmans textures, but Ive compiled a new pix file with edited sprites and stuff so shes not squashed stretched or anything like that. also includes readme for sound changes.

But wait!? What if you use splatpack? Ridge racer girl will be everywhere. having her as a starter ped dosent seem as much of a 'special ped' as it would in c1, Well I figure its weird having her as a regular ped anyway, Ridgeracer in temples. and castles and such, so heres a more normalised edit of a girl in a blue dress to replace ger, So you can have ridgeracer, and a normal ped, Yeah!?

And thats not all, To finish off the splatpack weirdness, heres a golden elvis guy, You cant see it in the black but he has bigger hair, and recolored clothing, Works for me. Was fun to make too. finally released.

All this and more over at the C1 Pedestrian Section

But thats not all, It was soposed to be a ped for the mall map but here it is rigth now. A punk guy for C2, created from coffeys earl ped, spikey blue mohawk and all,

Found over in the C2 peds section, as if I needed to tell you.

All this and much more Over at Demon Tail now!
Mastro 666
motorised death

Re: Everything Else

Post by Mastro 666 »

I'm gonna grab the c1 peds. :cool: :thumbsup:
hazardic
motorised death

Post by hazardic »

oh yeah, dat punk. always missed it on the city streets cause you know - in every city in the world there is such a personality
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Got ta have punk.
Got ta have punk.
Got ta Got ta Got ta have
Got ta have punk.

:rockon:
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
QTZ
hit n run

Post by QTZ »

I don't know how are you painting that, but this look very professional. Too bad you don't want to make missing zombies... I have found your unfinished bikini zombie... (it's nice... maybe even too nice as for zombie I think, but looking at your other work you can make very cool looking zombies...)

On the technical side - the new peds looking OK, but older (from old site) are need to be corrected - you know the transparency problems - here secretary is a bit transparent, there is also one unwanted black pixel on first frame.

I think you must know this already - but just in case - sometime ago I have created PPP (patch for C1 tools) that help to create C1 textures/sprites. Then I have corrected one of your peds (most corrupted one) - just pasted over original ped to fill the gaps. You can grab it and correct more if you want - there are also glasses missing on some frames.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Hallo, QTZ I allready have my own system for making pallets in my C1 items.
yeah I rember doing a zombie version of that, I do it every once in a while but never release them.. hell knows where that went.. its kinda my puns.. a joke on the zombie version.

and sorry but yeah ,I hate censorship, I hate zombies.. they ruined carma, they have no reson to exist other than censorship, but some people still tink carma is a 'zmombie game' ive seen it on the internet... It takes away what the game was soposed to be, and yes they are more half assed, since well.. it looks like stainless cared as much as I would if I were told to make a zombie game 'ok lets just reuse that one....'

so ya..
Well I plan to make more items soon. I keep trying to make map skins but its quite hard in C1. never reolised.
QTZ
hit n run

Post by QTZ »

MadMaxine wrote:Hallo, QTZ I allready have my own system for making pallets in my C1 items.
I know, you must have, doing so many cool items... But try to use patched tools - it help exporting and preview all frames/textures with transparency visible and separated - it is much better than patching or loading palette for every file every time. Try it... please... you will be happy (you can always go back and using your method, but I don't think you may want to go back then). This really help editing pixelmaps with tools you already using.

Edit: Example moved here.

I like zombie version, this was my first version. Playing over and over same version is boring, so I like to switch to normal pedestrians, robots or zombies from time to time, but unfortunately there are only 20 zombies and eight robots... also robots are placed in booring (limited) mode (zombie in Max Pack = GOG too, UK zombies are in full mode). Zombie version have it's own intro and outro (near same animation, but with own story). It was for censorship, but it is part of a game.

I even think this will be cool to have possibility to mix any kind of pedestrians, but here unfortunately we have no possibility to set more than one kind of blood at once...

Edit2: Another thing - maybe this will be interesting to you to create - paint missing caricons net images? Also I think this will be nice to have icons for other Stainless add-on cars. (details moved to caricons.pix topic)
Last edited by QTZ on Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

QTZ wrote: I like zombie version, this was my first version. Playing over and over same version is boring, so I like to switch to normal pedestrians, robots or zombies from time to time, but unfortunately there are only 20 zombies and eight robots... also robots are placed in booring (limited) mode (zombie in Max Pack = GOG too, UK zombies are in full mode). Zombie version have it's own intro and outro (near same animation, but with own story). It was for censorship, but it is part of a game.
Actully... Cencorship is exactly the oposit of what part of the game is.
Censorship is someone from somewhere else sticking there big dumb fingers into what was a perfect pie, and thinking about how much they can fuck it up. so that we dont hurt the midns of children who are not soposed to be playing it anyway... yeah..
if It were not for some censorship There would not be zombies with glow in the dark green blood, it woulda never happend, this in my mind makes it not part of the game, Because it should have never happend, and would never have happend.

anyway uh, about the Net images, I do pixel cars and such a lot but.. why would we need net images? hardly anybody plays it online, and ive only ever seen it work once. seems like a lot of work for like 3 peopel to see?
QTZ
hit n run

Post by QTZ »

But censored versions was made by original team and build in all game versions (robots are in all known versions [in MaxPack present, but not accessible], zombies are in UK version [normal peds are present, but not accessible there] and Max Pack [robots are present, but not accessible there]).

I agree this is still same game and children are not supposed to play it anyway (including Alex). Robot version was Censored for real, but with zombies Carmageddon team has bypassed UK market restrictions laughing them in face. Robot version was first alternative for German market Censorship, zombies was second but rather like a joke - anyway better, so they decided to include zombies in MaxPack. (Unfortunately they add zombies in boring mode with robots oil and parts - just unfinished work. BTW: whole SP look unfinished and made in hurry - they made a SP zombie demo, but no one know about full SP version with zombies.) That make them alternative part of a game. It happened and it's interesting.

I think Mastro was played network game a lot, so maybe he return to play network one day (?).
There is Pontipack (poor version based of old MC1SE) which was made especially for network play (nothing fancy just few changes, but the info saying that).
The GOG version have Hifi files included by default... (at least with additional patch released by GOG).
So I think more people play in local networks...
Also I like network play, unfortunately I have no one to play right now... everyone grows up...

So if you can please make the missing icons.

Edit: (more details and bitmap pack moved to caricons.pix topic)
Last edited by QTZ on Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

What,

What the hell, I mean what the fuck,
This was soposed to be a simple topic, With my peds, maps, map skins, drones, and other not car related items.

Why are you talking about carmageddon 1 online car icons in here? while allready having a topic for it?

And the zombies dident bypass anything, Censorship came in, said the game was violant, they changed it, so it had bright green blood, and then it was released Thats not bypassing something and laughing in there face, thats fucking up your own product because some people who wear suits to work said you have to or it will be banned.
Its not the same thing.. Its fuckin changing something man, you cant rip the heart out of the game and still say its the same... Ok I know the main point of carmageddon is the driving physics, and the fun, but to demolish the atmosphere like that. and everything you say confrims what im saying, Choldren shouldend play carma - Needs peds, censorship sucks - Needs peds.
If none of that shit happend there would be no zombies.. theres not zombies in CR, theres not zombies in the 'Real' version of carmageddon, theres not zombies in the real C2, Its not.. a freakin.. zombi game, I mean the IOS dosent have them, The censorship for things as small as this. .are Gone, done, no need, no zombies. thats that.
If you want to play with green spurting plants thats fine with me, But they are NOT part of what carmageddon is about, as a mod ok sure, but its not part of the orignal game.

And yeah theres not many zombies and not much variaty, and some of them seem badly done.. yeah it looks liek they dident care.
neaitehr would I
If I made a game and was forced to do that, I wouldent have given a shit, Id probly just re-hue the skin to make zombies. there ya go done.. oh look a patch.

ok.. uhr..

Im gona concentrate on a little map project for now, betwene doing my bits to do the S.O.D van mod, and the Truck me 1.3 i think.
Ok then..
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

QTZ, please don't hijack other people's threads. Like Maxine said this was supposed to be a simple topic where she could post ped models and other non-vehicular stuff.

We know you want people to use your Purple Patch, we get it. But we all have our ways of doing stuff, right or wrong, and it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks. :tongue:

The whole peds/zombies/robots thing needs to be it's own separate thread. Personally I think all the patches are part of the game's history and I used to switch back and forth between patches for the fun of it. :twisted:
QTZ
hit n run

Post by QTZ »

@Coffey

This is about peds!

Maxine made corrupted peds (the older ones). With PP this will never happened. You don't need to do anything unusual, but patch (once) you tools you are using everyday. I really don't understand why you afraid of correct palettes? Deep_Blue asks me how it works and now he using patched tools as previously, but creating proper files without additional effort.

Also zombies are peds ;)
Mad Maxine wrote:Why are you talking about carmageddon 1 online car icons in here? while allready having a topic for it?
You mean my topic? A bit strange to ask concrete person (you) in my topic. It's not about caricons anyway - they are just part of my patches - however updated bitmap-pack is there. Edit: New topic for caricons.pix is created.
Last edited by QTZ on Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

QTZ wrote: Also zombies are peds ;)
No, fuckin no man, they are not part of the orignal formula. They are not part of carmageddon, and none of my carmageddons have, Will have, Zombies.
This will go NO further, Where I stand will not be moved, Carmageddon is not about carmageddons, my opinion will never change, trying is pointless, I will keep repeating myself untill so.
QTZ wrote:You mean my topic?
No I mean MY topic.. This one.. The one we are in, Right here. Right now.
QTZ
hit n run

Post by QTZ »

I mean this part:
Mad Maxine wrote:(...) while allready having a topic for it?
but never mind, I have moved the information of caricons to new topic. Ped transparency error and fix example also moved to more accurate topic.

OK, I know your opinion about zombies.
Mad Maxine wrote:(...) they are not part of the orignal formula. They are not part of carmageddon,
I agree with first part, but not to second.
Mad_Maxine wrote:(...) none of my carmageddons have, Will have, Zombies.
But if you have MaxPack / GOG MaxPack or downloaded Meld version you already have zombies, there is also one (unused this time) zombie in SplatPack (sheep), also any version of game have robots...

Edit: Looking at SP we may say they unfinished it (as zombies) so maybe this should not exist, same for mobile versions there are not only no zombies - there are no robots (german version have normal bloody translation!), no interiors, no network mode, no SP, no hidden animations in menu, no C2 and probably more... :)

PS. I wonder what original team have to say about zombies...

Talking about your peds - are you going to fix your peds with any method? Too bad they are truncated...

Check who’s online