Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

C1 motorhuckle-y-ness...Done and shipped. (Coffey)

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

C1 motorhuckle-y-ness...Done and shipped. (Coffey)

Post by Deep_Blue »

In the works...
C1 Ultra Classic.jpg
C1 Ultra Classic.jpg (92.31 KiB) Viewed 4975 times
Regarding the wheel insanity I and other have been experiencing...

I have named the front and rear wheel models something other than FLWHEEL and RLWHEEL.

I usually group all the components together *except* the wheels and then compile the model.

You mentioned going back into the ACTOR and THEN defining which is FL and RL.

Is this done in the TXT file where I define the actual wheel positions or do I have to actually edit the ACTOR to make sure the wheel models actually spin?

Maxy inspired me to get back into C1. I looked at the first C1 bike I made-and while it handles beautifully-it looks crap, so I redid it. :grin:
Last edited by Deep_Blue on Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Re: C1 motorhuckle-y-ness...Tosh, (or anybody) I got questio

Post by Mad_Maxine »

The way I did the wheels on my last test car was to compile it as normal FLWHEEL FR etc.. otherwise it dosent add the pivots and such.. then rename em in plaything

Btw looks real nice, Nostalga is awsome, It looks like it came from a 90s driving game... cant rember the name.. you were on the streets etc.. awsome.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

YA, that's how I did all my C1 cars, too-except I didn't do anything in PT2. I just compiled 'em in CarEd and just chucked the .act, .dat, and .mat into C1 and hex edited the text in the .mat .pix and .txt files.

According to Tosh, that's how we're ending up with the Fireys from the David Bowie movie "Labrynth" goin' on with the wheels when they're used as opponents
Firey.jpg
Firey.jpg (18.94 KiB) Viewed 4945 times
LOL, I'm stuck using PSP 7 for textures. It makes everything look like it came from a 90s game.

Tosh mentioned (as you just did, too) about calling the wheels something other than "FL, FR, RL, and RR" and then renaming the actors later. (I think that's what he meant.)

Can you or anybody tell me how to use PT2 to do this?
I've tried messing around with it some, but it usually frustrates the crap outta me.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

as you know I write tutorials in pictures. its way easyer for me to explain. and to folow if I were reading. so. heres how I personally did it on my last car. seemed to work fine.

Im gona go real basic here so I may show you stuff you know allready.

When you open Playthign you should know that the parts of your car are labled over there to the left. Like in cared.

You should also know you click o nthe component you want and it will highlight it in a box, and highlight the text.
Like so.

Then ya go click on Objects, change object name, rename object. Like so.

Then that box will apear. but it will be blank, rather than having the object name (wich would make it easyer for me if it did but oh well.)

Then go type new object name!

Press ok and you see its changed!

Now just go back to your text file and find the same wheel.

And name it the same.

Then load the game to test it but get carried away and play for half an hour.

Congradulations, you have now got diffrent named wheels.
Rember not to call it something too simple. so that something else might accidently have the same name. but dont name it too long neaither :P

And thats all from me for now I guess.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Much thanks, Maxy!

Ya, simple is good for me.
You guys sure have come a long way since the first time I renamed a C1 dat file and saw the shape I wanted without the textures on it and knew I could figure out a way to make new cars.

I have saved this for future reference as I am a total PT2 dummy. Slowly, but surely-one quick tut at a time, I'm learning.

'Cept with a motorcycle, ya get carried away and play for a couple hours cuz it takes a loooonnng time to waste everybody on a bike. (If ya don't get wasted first.)

:grin:

UPDATE

Speakin' o' which, I always wanted one of these:
C1 Harley.jpg
C1 Harley.jpg (99.54 KiB) Viewed 4908 times
Trying to see if I can get this to work, also. Never did one of these before.
Bike CKPT.jpg
Bike CKPT.jpg (29.79 KiB) Viewed 4908 times
Alex Self A 9
hit n run

Post by Alex Self A 9 »

I hope that motorcycle's text file is English, because I put swamp rat and big hog in with a code text file, my game shut down on me once I chose it. And I'm afraid to know what will happen if i type iwanttofiddle!

Oh, my Carmageddon 1 is maestros special thing, heavily modded, and the text files are automatically in English the second I go in the files.

And deep blue, Il see if I can get big hog to be a sole car rather than a die Anna replacement

And I got a request from a Freind to turn it into GHOST RIDER. I will report back later.
CARMAGEDDON 1 ALL DA WAY!

YEEEEE-HAAAAAAWWWW
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Alex Self A 9 wrote:I hope that motorcycle's text file is English, because I put swamp rat and big hog in with a code text file, my game shut down on me once I chose it. And I'm afraid to know what will happen if i type iwanttofiddle!

Oh, my Carmageddon 1 is maestros special thing, heavily modded, and the text files are automatically in English the second I go in the files.

And deep blue, Il see if I can get big hog to be a sole car rather than a die Anna replacement

And I got a request from a Freind to turn it into GHOST RIDER. I will report back later.
A.)The txt file is encrypted. You can edit it in Carmagedit, or you can open it and export it from Carmagedit-edit it in Windows notepad and re-import it back into the game with Carmagedit.

B.)WTF is a 'code txt file?' You mean already encrypted? Shouldn't have made a difference.
If the game crashed-pay attention to the error message. It'll give ya an idea what's wrong.
Usually it's just a case of a file being in the wrong place.

C.) Good luck with that.
D.)Again, you'll need it.

Bighog sucked (except for the handling). It was one of my first C1 experiments. That's why I'm making the Ultra Classic to replace it as a standalone vehicle instead of a replacement for an existing car.

Ghost Rider is an entirely different kind of motorcycle. You'd have to (remodel in CarEd/make new textures/remap those textures/edit the pix pack/hex edit the proper files) the entire Bighog from scratch to make what you want.
Considering that the Bighog is nothing but a series of flat panels and boxes-and it's all been compiled into one single component, that's gonna be a tough act to redesign.
Bighog_dat.jpg
Bighog_dat.jpg (7.74 KiB) Viewed 4871 times
Betta brush up onya CarEd skillz.

:wink: :grin:

@ Maxy:

I had some trouble and had to rename the wheels back to RL and FL again because they would not spin atall ingame.

Like I said, I'm a PT2 dummy.
Was I sposed to save that change as an .sdf? Cause I didn't and I think I just chucked the unmodified .dat/.act ingame. (I looked in the dat/act with FrHed and it looks cared stock.)
If that's what I did wrong-just smack me upside the haid with the rubber chicken and tell me so. :lol:
Alex Self A 9
hit n run

Post by Alex Self A 9 »

Deep_Blue wrote:Betta brush up on ya CarEd skillz. :wink: :grin::
Ok, so here's my problem...HOW IN DA WORLD DO I INSTALL CARED ON MAH WIN7 COMPUTER??!! :supermad:
CARMAGEDDON 1 ALL DA WAY!

YEEEEE-HAAAAAAWWWW
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

This is why the board has a search function. Learn to use it.

Putting "CarEd Windows 7 in the search box gave me this by Spectre:

" I figured a way for cared to work for 64 bit windows7 is all you have to do is have java installed only on the normal program files, not program files (86') or whatever it's called, and just use the files spray shop provided for cared.
also make sure the batch file is targeted in the right places."

Also this from my CarEd install tute:

"IT wants to install itself in C:\Program Files\Javasoft\Jre\1.2
Uh-uh. Wrong. So you change the install path to C:\Program Files\Javasoft\Jre\1.2\bin and hit install."

Now go make something.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Yeah, you have to save the sdf file, wich changes the other act, dat, mat files, wich are then sent into carma.
If ya dont save it wont..... save?.

so yeah thats what happend.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Ah, OK. Gotta remember that

Meanwhile-The MM2 bad guys are making their way to C1...
C1Wezbike.jpg
C1Wezbike.jpg (55.63 KiB) Viewed 4827 times
I SRSLY need a better paint/photoediting proggy.... I just threw this ingame...gotta clean up the textures yet.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Re: C1 motorhuckle-y-ness...Done and shipped. (Coffey)

Post by Deep_Blue »

The Harley's done and shipped, Coffey.

Dash came out goodly.
HDUltra_Dash.jpg
HDUltra_Dash.jpg (100.75 KiB) Viewed 4790 times
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Re: C1 motorhuckle-y-ness...Done and shipped. (Coffey)

Post by Deep_Blue »

Ah...Coffey..

If ya would updte the zip one more time, please.

I was in such a hurry to get it out the door I forgot to include a mention in the readme regrding Maxy's donation of a couple important parts of the model (rider and exhaust parts from Her C2 Harley). I sent ya an updated zip. Sorry to be a PITA. I'll try to be more thorough next time. :crazy:

Read the readme, folks. If ya want the new engine sound to work.

(stock H-D sorta muffled sound).

Check who’s online