Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

New Releases by Alex Self A 9

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Alex Self A 9
hit n run

Re: New Releases by Alex Self A 9

Post by Alex Self A 9 »

Deep blue, I understand eternal.

and coffey's cool like dat??!, I say...

A-MEN!!!! :swheel: :swheel:

Mastro, I was gonna convert a c1 special edition of yer's to Alex Pack, But I got an Idea, Maybe, this could be part of an update to it!

I downloaded a fair number of cars that could fit in your Special edition.

And the mugs and Add-on vanellope car topic, Might we move all of that to another fourm?
if so,

TOSHIBSA-3!!! May you assist me in moving all the Mug-Vanellope topics to another fourm?

I'll create the form, and you move 'em, Toshiba-3! :twisted:

I'm workin on this awesome Mug animation, with the help of:

Econobrick's LX-5 Fli (first 13 slides) :cool:

Econobrick's C1 FLI Fonts (Econo, you forgot the '!' mark in the alphabet. and smartthing to do is to put them in race template form, already got the Mugshot letters in race template form.)

ADR's Mods to my mugs. :rockon:

And a parody of 'MUGFOB.FLI', that I have around 50-60% done.
CARMAGEDDON 1 ALL DA WAY!

YEEEEE-HAAAAAAWWWW
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Wha? AdR??

Seriously Alex.. I realize that I may be barking at the moon here, but.....Did ya pay attention to anything Coffey told ya?
We got our own rules about modding/releasing stuff that others have made *first*.

In fact-it's a sticky at the top of the forum: Check it.

https://www.cwaboard.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=970

If you download a bunch of somebody else's work and put it in a bag and call it yours-it's plagiarism. (theft). I know there is a double standard regarding it, but even pirates have a code of honor.... we respect each other and each others' work here. It's part of what keeps us from becoming "those other sites" where the bubblegummers trash the place and rip each other off all day long.

It's great that ya wanna mod the game. We can always use more modders/skinners/etc. , but do yourself and everybody else a favor and learn some stuff first.
Not trying to knock yer efforts, but ya ain't gonna waltz in here and sweep us off our feet by changing the colors of some cars. You're making existing stuff *different*. You're not necessarily making it *better*. It was already pretty fooking awesome to start with.
Just understand that, K?

These folks that are offering you knowledge know their stuff-and apparently have decided to pass some of it on to you. I suggest ya pay attention.

There's a lotta stuff I don't know, so I ask questions and then STFU and listen. Then I do what they tell me I need to do. It works.

Play with the stuff ya got for awhile, and when it's no longer good enough for ya-learn how it's put together and how it works-then start screwing with it til it's what ya want. It's very satisfying to scratch-build something that never existed before and have it work right.

Ask questions- and then *listen to and apply* the answers. If a modder is what ya wanna be-it'll pay off.

:wink:
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Alex we have never banned you before but you are dangerously close to getting kicked out of here.

I'll say this again this not some free clinic or delicatessen where just order up stuff for other people to work on.

And stop creating new threads. I am deleting them.
Alex Self A 9
hit n run

Post by Alex Self A 9 »

Wha? WAIT! I WROTE ADR??!!

I MENT TO SAY QTZ!!! Sorry for blaming it on ADR.

Any ways, Sorry for posting about the 'Alex Pack' thing

I decided to hand me work that I did to Special edition, all to mastro. As soon as I finish me job.

will report back later.

YEEEEE-HAAAAAAWWWW
Alex Self A 9
hit n run

Post by Alex Self A 9 »

HEY! QTZ!!

You made your own Optimus FLI Patterns??

I MADE MAH OWN!!

Observe.
Attachments
OPTIMUS PRIME FLI.zip
(152.07 KiB) Downloaded 129 times

YEEEEE-HAAAAAAWWWW
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

@Alex :
Stop double-posting. Edit your previous post.
Stop using caps lock and big font sizes.
Stop the silly behaviour. You may be young but you're talking to adults.

We already told you multiple times.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Alex Self A 9
hit n run

SAying good-bye (SOB)

Post by Alex Self A 9 »

Guys, This is Alex self A 9.

I know that I have been what you guys call a 'Troll'

and I have posted WAY TOO MANY topics on add on cars, requests, and such.

I know that Coffeycup and Toshiba just love to BREAK MAH BACK (and sometimes my heart)

I know that you guys are adults, and you are always wanted me to be the 'strict kind'

I am sorry for all requests, and askments

I Just want to say two words...

GOODBYE!!!!!!

Mastro 666 introduced me to this new site called Foro Foretico. I went there and signed on to leave you guys alone.

*Sniff* I'll miss you, Deep Blue. *Hi-Five*

you too, Mad_Maxine *Hug*

Yes, even if you did bug me alot, you too, CoffeyCup *ANACONDA-SQUEEZE-HUG!*

Qtz, thank you so much for your help in mugs. I want you to do my last three mugs, in favor of my good-bye.

and the Alex Self A 9 Mug, believe it or not...

THAT IS AN ACTUAL PICTURE OF ME!!! wearing a red helmet, black Jacket and all Max damage attire!
Attachments
LASTMUGS.zip
(148.8 KiB) Downloaded 123 times

YEEEEE-HAAAAAAWWWW
Mastro 666
motorised death

Re: SAying good-bye (SOB)

Post by Mastro 666 »

Don't forget to thanks me later guys.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Re: SAying good-bye (SOB)

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Thank you Mastro, you'll be forever in my heart :swink:

Alex, if you give up and leave without making an effort everytime someone tells you to behave a little (I mean, come on, I told you to write proper posts, how difficult is that?), well good luck with your teenage years!

Besides the Foro Foretico, you should also try Carmageddon.com.

Also merged your goodbyes with your C1 topic, let's keep it all in one place shall we?
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Well, okaaaay. That was a lot of keystrokes, all caps and large fonts with very little to show for it except a what is essentially a very nice tutorial by QTZ. :supercrazy:
superduckuk
driver

Post by superduckuk »

Just finished reading this topic. Anyone else feel like their IQ has dropped while reading this kids posts?
QTZ
hit n run

Post by QTZ »

@Alex - here is the file for you:
mogfob.zip
(1.96 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
Also remember:
DO NOT use other peoples avatars!
I really don't think Mad Maxine, Coffeycup or anyone else allow you to do that!
QTZ
hit n run

Post by QTZ »

Since I am not registered on FF...

Deep_Blue, Mastro, you are both wrong... pixelmap height may be any size from 1 to 256 (and bigger for other non texture files), but width must be always multiple of 4, so from 4 to 256 step 4 (otherwise game will show corrupted graphic). Not tested by myself, but I remember that 256 is the limit for 3DFX textures.

Mastro, to have purple/pink palette you need my PPP patch - you already have it applied in your mod... but best if you also apply it for other tools too - you can find explanation how it work (for example) in this topic.

Deep_Blue I guess you know about TRixx already - you can create custom pix pack from directory with custom sizes bitmaps. (TRixx have bug - when extracting files may delete all pixelmaps... so its more safe to run it from its own directory). TRixx adding transparent pixels column when width is not multiple of 4 (this happened with Alex textures converted by Mastro).
Last edited by QTZ on Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Well, I learn something new everyday!

Ya, I know about Trixx-and I found out the hard way and run it from it's own directory.

:wink:

We're talking to a total newbie and I didn't want to lay a lot of highly technical stuff on him when he can't yet make stuff. Like Coffey keeps telling me-Basics first.
QTZ
hit n run

Post by QTZ »

I wonder how his model look like... I have found 600MB Autodesk Inventor Viewer and 190MB AutoVue Trial. Unfortunately those are too big for me right now.
He know how to make 3D model, how to make textures, how to paste text on picture, saving images in many formats, how to import bitmaps to flics, but don't know how to paste whole images... suspicious.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Hmm.. I think he's got an idea of what he's doing-but not really. From what I can ascertain, he wants to mod the game but hasn't really got a clue how to yet. All he wants do do apparently is turn Carma into Wreck-It Ralph. (Nothing wrong with that, but whatever). Have you ever seen his model? I haven't. That's why I was telling him on FF how to set up CarEd. It's dirt-simple so even a caveman like me can use it.
QTZ
hit n run

Post by QTZ »

I will try to download viewers I mentioned above next month (if you can, you may try it faster), so then I will try to open the file (it's archive).

CarEd... I think I need to try it too :) But still busy with all that patch stuff... and other projects...

OT: 3D stuff I made was 3D Studio simple model & animation (but it was about 10 years ago).
Half-Life map (exactly house) with dedicated tool (little later).
And last few years - many Lego stock models with LDD (like big Model Team vehicles) - LDD is very simple to use - just took the proper brick (the hardest thing is to find it) and place in 3D, like in real world, really cool, but export to other formats is very limited. I was trying to capture the models with some software I have found and with some Toshiba-3 told me about, but unfortunately it capture only menu frame or nothing... This is possible to export 3D Lego models from other Brick CAD software, but there is not so easy to build... END OF OT.
QTZ
hit n run

Post by QTZ »

OK, AIV (I have used version 2013 which is the last for Win XP) working with Alex file, so here is a preview:
vm2.png
vm2.png (26.98 KiB) Viewed 7087 times
Here
Vanellope_PrintScreen3D.zip
(25.27 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
is "3D print" from AIV made with 3Dvia PrintScreen. It is not in common format too and it's deformed (flatted). So maybe other 3D grabber application will help. Hint: to 3D print this model I have minimized / maximized AIV window several times pressing 3D print key (F10), otherwise it wasn't work.

PS. I saw the movie It's very cool, but not because of Sugar Rush, but because of cool arcade style it have :) The Sugar Rush reminds me a Rollcage game more than C1.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

Post by Errol »

QTZ wrote:Deep_Blue I guess you know about TRixx already - you can create custom pix pack from directory with custom sizes bitmaps. (TRixx have bug - when extracting files may delete all pixelmaps... so its more safe to run it from its own directory). TRixx adding transparent pixels column when width is not multiple of 4 (this happened with Alex textures converted by Mastro).
Just noticed this. I'm not entirely following what the bug is.
:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
QTZ
hit n run

Post by QTZ »

As far as I remember this happened when "extracting" all sub-dirs selecting extract option from menu. Coffey probably hit me..., but have you noticed my purple palette patch? It add TRixx exec with menu pal and switch transparent color to pink (and one duplicated to unique for menu). I think this will be OK to put this pal as default (pink may cause conversion red -> pink = transparent, but this is much better than all black -> transparent). Also I have not tested pink color palette with 3Dfx/VooDoo versions - as far as I remember Open C1 show pink at edges - so I'm afraid this may occur here too, however put pink pal to tool doesn't affect game.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

So far I have used trixx a couple times successfully. No issues so far.
I do not seem to have a program that will do anything with Alex's file(s) yet....

Check who’s online