Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Problems with 2 cars

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
superduckuk
driver

Problems with 2 cars

Post by superduckuk »

Hi guys & girls,

Been catching up on about last 3 years worth of addon stuff you genius people have produced, but have problems with 2 of them: :sad:

Police Rover by Pip

Installed correctly as all other cars but for some reason this one causes C2 to crash when loading a race (rare occasions you will get to hear a split second of engine noise before bombing out) all other versions of the Range Rover model work fine. (the vanilla stock version & monster version)

H1 Hummer by Maxine

For some reason has no textures at all ingame (folder structure & files look fine) Just a dirty grey untextured Hummer :suicide:

Any ideas on these 2 issues??
Fireman
motorised death

Re: Problems with 2 cars

Post by Fireman »

superduckuk wrote: Police Rover by Pip

Installed correctly as all other cars but for some reason this one causes C2 to crash when loading a race (rare occasions you will get to hear a split second of engine noise before bombing out) all other versions of the Range Rover model work fine. (the vanilla stock version & monster version)

[
As far as I know, this is not caused by the car, but by exceeding the limit of cars in opponents.txt.

How much opponents do you have in your opponent.txt?
superduckuk
driver

Post by superduckuk »

at the moment 42 in opponent.txt, when first installed the police rover I only had around 20.

:sad:
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

To get the Police Rover working, find this line:
3,16,-1,-1 // Right-front suspension parts GroovyFunkRef

and replace it with:
3,-1,-1,-1 // Right-front suspension parts GroovyFunkRef

The Hummer actually misses its .mat file. Not much to do here besides wait for Maxine to update the file. You can copy the .mat file from the included Wagon or Convertible folders and put it in the CARS/Hummer folder, but the top will stay untextured.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
superduckuk
driver

Post by superduckuk »

Thanks Toshiba! I'll give the police rover a go tomorrow. I'll wait to see if the Hummer gets updated at some point.

I owe ya one! :beer:
superduckuk
driver

Post by superduckuk »

Tosh, that worked a treat, Police Rover working fine now :thumbsup:

Question, besides making it work, what did that change of one single value from 16 to -1 actually do??

:noob:
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

It was setting a suspension groove ID (16) for a groove that doesn't exist. -1 is the default.

What I don't understand is why the Police Rover didn't crash when I tested it and took screenshots? But when I tried it this AM it crashed until I made the text edit.

I uploaded a new zip with the fix in it.
superduckuk
driver

Post by superduckuk »

Cheers Coffee. :thumbsup:

Just before replying to this, I tried out Maxine's Mafia Bolt Ace and for some reason ingame you cannot see the car, just a brown 'box'. Turn the wheels and you can see the edge of the wheels stick out the side of the box. Also, switch to in-car cam and you can see forwards fine (also you can see the bonnet of the car etc from this view so the car is there, just hidden in this damn weird brown box when on external cam) Never seen this happen before. Anything you have seen or indeed had to fix before?

:techsupport:
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

I hadn't downloaded Bolt Ace yet. I just tried it and have a brown and black box surrounding the car too.
That's pretty wacky, I don't know what's going on there, Maxine'll have to look at her model.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

51 downloads and not one person decided to contact me untill now?

Yeah well... I was really bad at making carma stuff, And converting, I guess thats why theres a giant box. wich is a texture error.
Even the handling setup was ass, it just falls over.

But, Updated.

So here it is, New handling setup. all be it I did it really fast, so its not a fully setup car but the handling is more Model T like I guess.. one of the things ive never drove. but yeah, reset the handling so its less anoying and horrible.. (Btw it still handles like ass as a car designed in the 1910's wouldent handle I imagine)

Also added shrapnel color, put the camra infront of drivers view, made a simple model. added a new engine sound from mafia. and also added the other colors from mafia into the file too. so you can use them too if ya really want.

So there ya go, Updated bolt ace file. here, on site. etc etc.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i9ng5 ... oltAce.zip

Seriusly. Ive been driving some of my old cars again, the handlng setups? the model errors?. I should burry this part of my past.
Bad quality conversions. Ive become the thing I hate..
superduckuk
driver

Post by superduckuk »

Cheers for the update Maxine :thumbsup:

And it doesn't really matter if we all like or hate the style of cars being released for Carma2, Think we should all be thankful for anything that gets released this late into a games life. Personally I would be well happy to see more of absolutely anything, even though I do prefer 60's & 70's Muscle Cars :cool:

Anyways Maxine, keep up the good work! :rockon:
Hairba11
turbo bastard

Post by Hairba11 »

nah, you didn't become the thing you hate, you started there and got better.
or maybe you started with blocky stuff, then conversions, then good originals with handling.
sounds like progress to me.
can't wait to see what's next.
If it runs, drives, stops, has a title, AND is under $300, I'll take it!
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Ya, I spose that was a long time ago,

The next release is probly gona be the ford, Tho I should keep all this in my own topic so, short post here.

Check who’s online