Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Hell Hummers & Tractors

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Hell Hummers & Tractors

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Sounds like a song an indie rock band would make.. hm

Hummer H1 Alpha
what we have here is TTRs hummer, that I never finished, It was reskined, rebuilt, and more detail added to it, tho it looks dated now allready, I did a pretty bad job of the model, theres some texture errors, the door panel shows thru the door when damaged, and just a bunch of imperfections, such as the bent looking sides,
still Comes with a range of colors, and an option for the roof on or off,
Negatives are - No smashable glass, and a poor moded model, Tho I quickly added a simple model and some detatchable parts to make it a little more intresting, But I started this in 2011, so if I dident release it untill it was done, It most likly would never have seen the light of day,

For those who dont know the H1 Alpha is kinda a remake of the orignal HMMWV, Civilianised,
Yup, see the hood opens right now,

1947 Ford 8N
Then a totaly new item,
A Ford 8N, Wich is.. a tractor, And it comes with two more skins, a Gray one, wich is the color used on the 1942 2N But since it looks totaly identical to the 8N on exterior, I added that gray skin, Theres also a blue skin, ive seen blue ones of these.. but I couldent find any info, so I dont know if those are just repaints, or if the 8N went blue towrds the end of its life, as the tractors that folowed were blue,
Yes I did research into this, and Im not embaraced to say im a fan of vintage equipment, for anything.. farms, airports, I just love how they styled everything back then,

This is all finished, with simple model and all stuff, Plus three handling setups, a regular one here that does about 60, a painfully realistic version wich dones 28 mph, has 3 gears, and stiff suspension to simulate its solid rear axel, theres also a carmageddon version with more forgiving suspension and a top speed of around 150, if you just want a novelty looking car,

Hell
For the people who dont know what Ive been up to, a while ago I started a reskin of the hell map, to get rid of the bright colors and make it more high resolution, but darker and.. more hell like,
There were a lot of plans for this map but most of it was cut for me to just get it done and out there,
So theres a reskined map, some new peds, and thats about it,
What it was going to include was much more peds, including more people in the graveyards, cemetery workers, morners, and the occasinal hot goth girl too ofcorse, but, all those were never fully finished, so.. Cut, there were also plans for zombie like corpses with hard hats in the container area.. but same with that, New sounds were also cut, like the music for the disco, and new sounds for the demonic peds, But its not all bad news! you get to have a new skin if you liked that map. I did, and I personally like this dark image, tho it is more serius than the orignal I kinda striped some of that seriusness away with some of the thigns in there..

So thats that, for those who like reading thise kinda shit, I thank you, I type this stuff out as kinda a work blog for myself :P I like writing about stuff, and giving info on what im doing, so hey! Go here -> http://carmaxinegeddon.webs.com/ and grab yourself some downloads. P.S I also re-uploaded shadow with a c2c file,

And you just sit your butts right there cause I aint done yet :P
coffeycup
Genesis

Re: Hell Hummers & Tractors

Post by coffeycup »

Veyry cool stuff. I don't have enough free time to even test all this out.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Ha ha ok I tested the Hell map. It's AWESOME. I love the PEDS!
hell.jpg
hell.jpg (314.34 KiB) Viewed 4293 times
Sorry, I changed the fog color on my copy.

But, but, but I had problems with your file! Sorry!

Your LostSoulD ped is looking for a BIPEDD bones file and a DSOUNDS.TXT sound file.
I ended up commenting him out and putting in a skeleton.

Also, not sure why you included entire NONCARS folder.
You only need the 11 that are listed in the TXT file.
Some of my noncar TXT files have been tweaked so I don't want to overwrite them.

I manually copied the files instead of unzipping into my game.
It's an awesome reskin, it just took some work to get it running. :rockon:
Jaw_Breaker
driver

Post by Jaw_Breaker »

Hi, Maxine! It's been a while since i chat with u via Google Talk and carmageddon.com several months ago. Now I'm joining this forum.

Thanks for releasing the hell map, Maxine! I've been waiting for that stuff, even though it's not complete. I will try it later.

Btw, coffey, could you post your fog setting? Cuz that looks cool.
Discord: SDY2205#3474
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

I changed the fog color
55,47,36 // Depth cue colour (red, green, blue )
to
255,108,1 // Depth cue colour (red, green, blue )

Did a couple of other things too. To make the orange fog make sense above ground used the sunset horizon from my Lazy Loop map.
Then made the grass a little browner to blend in with all the yellows and orange.

I like what Maxine did. I just always have to fuck with everything and change stuff.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Great stuff once again Maxine.
We've got a handful of tractors now, maybe we could go ahead and build Farm Simulator 2076 upon C2.
I like how you always present stuff from within that garage full of stuff.

Nice fog, Coffeycup :thumbsup:
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Check who’s online