Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Truck Me! [1.3 Beta]

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Re: Truck Me! [Rel 1.2]

Post by Mad_Maxine »

A little experiment,
Sit your butt in that chair and watch this,

Edit: Video now in link, Obsolete video :P

Full of bugs, and manged to crash the game a few time.. allso sorry for the terrible sound quality, it drills in my ears, and I dont know what happend, carma just sucked that one time,
Last edited by Mad_Maxine on Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

It looks like the trailer doesn't ride up your back when you stop now. Cool.
How did you the trailer to unhitch at 0:38?
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Nice! Ya can actually *reverse* with a trailer..

Ya, me curious bout that, too...? (unhooking)
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

coffeycup wrote:It looks like the trailer doesn't ride up your back when you stop now. Cool.
How did you the trailer to unhitch at 0:38?
My guess:

A part of the thingie that keeps the trailer locked in is a hinge and it was opened (like a door) to unhitch the trailer.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Hmm. Dunno.

Keep workin' dat magick, Maxy. It sho'ly rocks!
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Yeah if it's key activated, the only way is to use a kev-o-flap. And it's a good idea. Trucks could still have flappable doors but they would only open on damage (which isn't a big deal) and the kev-o-flap would be an action control to detach the trailer. Good good :)
Nice progress, Maxine :thumbsup:
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Re: Truck Me! [1.3 Beta]

Post by Mad_Maxine »

1.3 Preview Video.

[youtube]gY4Tu-JYyLg[/youtube]
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

This is astounding. You have a working, locking hitch system.
What the..how the..huh? :supercrazy:
I know you sure couldn't do any of those jumps with the version I have now.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

:supercrazy:
Wow!
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Not yet but more promo!?

'I thought I'd explain some shit.'
-Sweet, 1992

I guess posting a video did speek louder than words, But I will follow on with a text explination, of what we have here, and what im going to do, I wanted to wait untill everything was on track and working,

so as the video showed the mod does indeed now have a flap based system, where you can hook, and unhook trailers at will, meaning hitching is now 150% more stable than before.. No im not over exaggerating, its not impossible to detatch a trailer but, youll find out its a hell of a lot easyer to drive now than before, Meaning I could put diffrent feels onto the trailers too... Lighter trailers will slide around, heavy loads will cause you to jacknife with too much wreckless driving,

The mod and what im doing :-
I did think that V1.2 was the last one, but here we are again, and I gota say, this is shaping up to be the best one yet, Usually I have a little worrie, a little, little thinks in my head say.. What if nobody likes it? well. Confidance is back, and im actully confidant you guys will like this one, and throw away V1.2 delete it, put it on a disk, set it on fire, nobody cares now. V1.3 is coming.

So the main aim was to add more variaty here too, before it was .. two maps with some trucks, after that coffey and DB's max map was added, meaning we could live our childish dreams of being long distance truck drivers... Oh comeon, Admit you 'pretended' you were on a run to pick up diffrent loads when you played that map, Were never too old to use our imaginations like that I say, screw adult maturity.
So now its expanded again, I hope coffey will let me add the mall map to this too, allso there is still the truck yard, and comercial district you might have come to know by now but im allso adding more.. theamed levels.
Theres a freight yard set in 1952, with all period trailers, and pedestrians, and truck to choose from to suit that era, and a map set in germany, with europian trucks to drive, and europian trailers. Ive been researching the diffrent styles of trucks and trailers in diffrent countrys, I never knew trailers were so diffrent!

so there should be a theam to keep everyone happy, and ofcorse there is still total freedom, so people will be driving euro trucks in the US freight yard, american trucks in germany, and modern trucks in 1952,.. But I still guess that some of you are nerdy roleplayers like me and choose a truck designed for that level.

Another thing is all the addon trucks and trailers I have made have been added into this as one pack, so they all work with the new hitch system, and can all be selected from the start, so thats 12 trucks to choose from, most with sevral paintjobs each, and even a few custom versions.

And the last thing in my little topic here, Detail, you may have spotted in the video (because I pointed it out) that ive added a more realistic looking trailer ball and fith wheel, mearly for cosmetic resons, Well I decided if I did that, why not go further? you may have spotted some trailers were not... really that realistic looking, they looked like trailers, but like cheap toy trailers for example.. heres a quick shot of how im changing things, every trailer, from the American, 50s, and europian map will be based on real life designs, and Ill try keep it fairly accurate,
Heres ya example of how things are changing.

Hope you enjoyed the little update, You guys are pretty much the reson I do all this stuff, Its fun sure, but seeing the fun other people get from creating things is really an awsome feeling, I guess thats what kept most of you guys going too.. I really apreciate all the posative comments, and feedback you people have been giving, Its really that motivating, I keep trying harder and harder because I feel my mission is to try impress you.. and Ill keep trying till I do :P

Happy modding.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Maxy....I cud kiss ya.

*speechless*

:grin:
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Well.. mabye you will when you see what other things I have planned if.. they make it in. woot.
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Post by Harmalarm »

Sounds promising Maxy! I am very impressed with that video you made, so if your goal was to impress us; it worked for me :)

The trailer improvements are a good step too. That comparison picture shows that god is in the details. It is always strange that at first you see there is stuff missing but you can't put your finger on it. Then seeing the improvements it is so obvious all of a sudden. Anyway, I think it is a great update.

Also cool to hear you will be adding all the work you made. So there is no spilled time there. :thumbsup:
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Yeah, this is one great and solid mod you're working on, Maxine.
Progressing well and bringing the community new physic tricks for modding :ssmile:
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

For the purpus of teasing, I decided to make a logo, as if I was creating a real game or something :/ im strange like that.

Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Awesome! :thumbsup:
Imma waitin' on that road train thingy.

:wink:
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Heh nice!
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Question.....For anybody:

Remember that problem I was having awhile back with the keyboard inputs causing the game to freeze? Turned out to be some kinda keyboard monitoring (I guess) going on by Norton AV..

Well, My regular installation of Vanilla C2 doesn't have that problem anymore-but Maxy's Truck me! standalone installation DOES. Since day one, I have only been able to drive using a gamepad (which is a royal hop in the balls...).

Same problem. Game freezes (video) when I hold down the accel or reverse key. Not so much the steering keys.

Starts moving again when I let up the key. I have to 'bump' the key to keep moving.

I'm running MSE on XP SP3. No friggin' clue as to why only ONE Carma 2 installation behaves this way.

*bewildered*

Check who’s online