Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Nice Micro Cars

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Pip the pest
turbo bastard

Re: Nice Micro Cars

Post by Pip the pest »

Wow! both Harm's and Maxine's look :rockon: But; Harm please be a good boy and please finish it and release it before starting any other project :wink:
Hairba11
turbo bastard

Post by Hairba11 »

got your driver maxine
If it runs, drives, stops, has a title, AND is under $300, I'll take it!
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Post by Harmalarm »

Pip the pest wrote:But; Harm please be a good boy and please finish it and release it before starting any other project :wink:
Touché... I made a list of items still on the shelves. The list was long and frightening! :sad: At least I will not be starting any new projects, but I will gradually work my way up the list and finish them off one at a time.
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Post by Harmalarm »

coffeycup wrote:You makin' a driver too?
How about this coffey? :wink:

I think I'm ready to move this thing toward Carmageddon! Hopefully by the end of the week/weekend!
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

:shock: she will do very nicely!
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Damn harm Wait-to-make us all look bad why dont ya :P well me atleast.

Looks awsome, driver seems awsome, Allways like the style of the way you make stuff.
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Post by Harmalarm »

Yeah I'm just posting to get some complements to boost my ego really:p

I've been trying to get the car ingame, but as I haven't done this in a while I run into the regular stupid issues... I need a little more time to set up all the items as smashables and extra grooves. At least the wheels are in the right position and the bounding box works like a charm :)

btw, are these images really dark on your screens guys? My laptop screen sometimes seems a bit too bright...
whattadrag_12.jpg
whattadrag_12.jpg (203.87 KiB) Viewed 5811 times
timmy76
motorised death

Post by timmy76 »

:supercrazy: That look's even cooler ingame :rockon:
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Yeah, that does look great ingame.
Screen is maybe tiny bit dark? Maybe.
Pip the pest
turbo bastard

Post by Pip the pest »

A beautiful thing Harm, and the driver ain't bad either :wink:
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Post by Harmalarm »

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys. That sure keeps motivation up high. It has been a long time since I last released anything for Carma. Like way back, I ran into problems with the smashables, the bbox, the grooves, the simple model and the physics... but here it finally is;

The 1959 BMW Isetta "Whatta drag"

Thanks to cArmAkAze all my creations can now be found over at Crashockalypse, including this baby. Grab it over here:
My cars page @ Crashocalypse

Besides the car files, the zip also contains the 2012 3ds max file, with a proper setup for my export tool. For those interested, it will show the proper hierarchy setup. I am still working on all the other tools, but the exporter works like a charm. Grab that over here

The reason for shifting my downloads from my old site to Crashocalypse is that I will be revamping my own lair with a new site/blog. The old one has been eating dust since 2009 and I want to set up a more active page showing my activities. But more on that when I get to it.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Oh man, I can't wait to try this out. But I gotta head off to work now. Aaargh.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Ive tried it, Nice job harm I really like the style of these type of models.. But im stuck using Cared,

One thing I want to point out is the suspension seems to work funny, it floats around on mine,

Allso I had no choice but to instantly reskin it..

Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Post by Harmalarm »

Oh thanks for the headsup maxine. You are right about the suspensions being wrong. I had them correct, but somewhere things must have been screwed again. It is hard to see, because the camera is always behind the wheels, damnit. I will fix it tomorrow :wink:

Cool skin by the way! Did you notice the TIFF files still have all photoshop layers in them? This is the cool thing about the tiff format. It can actually behave like a PSD file. Superhandy for working on carmageddon!
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

You really outdid yourself Harm. This is a fine piece of work all around.
Game#162.jpg
Game#162.jpg (269.82 KiB) Viewed 5738 times
Game#161.jpg
Game#161.jpg (179.78 KiB) Viewed 5738 times
Pip the pest
turbo bastard

Post by Pip the pest »

Great add on Harm, love it mate. :rockon:
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Post by Harmalarm »

I have updated the model with some fixes. The suspension has been corrected. There also seemed to be some mesh errors, where the thin polygons would screw up the model. You can even see the black triangle in the back window in coffey's shots. All fixed now. The new archive can be found over at Crashocalypse again; https://crashocalypse.cwaboard.co.uk/cars ... age1.shtml
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Shouldn't we move this topic to the editing forum?

Great addon Harm, the model seems very well executed. It definitely has a Harm feel to it.
However I'm a bit surprised by the lack of texture/3D details? The shell looks a bit 'bare' if you see what I mean. Especially compared to the reference image. Stuff like chrome strips around the window, the handle, or the design lines on the door and sides +vents. You also seem shy to add bright highlights? Did you maybe rush the release due to lack of time? You even forgot the readme :)

Also there are materials that should be two-sided: the lower body side texture (with 44), the little pipes there, the underside texture and the gray interior texture.

ENB shot too:
Attachments
enb2013_3_21_13_25_34.jpg
enb2013_3_21_13_25_34.jpg (87.49 KiB) Viewed 5682 times
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Post by Harmalarm »

Thanks guys!
Toshiba-3 wrote:Did you maybe rush the release due to lack of time?
Not really, but I suppose I could have done more for this release. Anyway, I thought it was complete enough for a release after a long time of not having released anything :wink:
The model and the textures are kept 'simple' on purpose. I like the cartoon like look it has now. Adding more detail will push the whole model to more realism which is not what I was aiming for. Driver and car now match pretty well I believe.

A readme would have been nice though, heh.

Check who’s online