Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Chrome God v2 re-release

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Chrome God v2 re-release

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Hello friends!

This is a new release of the Chrome God v2.

The real first v2 was lost in time apparently. The one on MacCarpoc (and everywhere else) was actually modified by someone and it became the standard. So CWR searched and found the v1 of ChromeGod and sent it to me. Then I proceeded to make it the proper v2 again and a standalone mod.

Grab it at Rooooad Reakshon.

Oh, and Coffeycup I think you might want to add to your ChromeGod page. However it isn't compatible with the skins!

ChromeGod v3 is coming by the way :scool:
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Mastro 666
motorised death

Re: Chrome God v2 re-release

Post by Mastro 666 »

Toshiba-3 wrote:The one on MacCarpoc (and everywhere else) was actually modified by someone and it became the standard.
I didn't know that about the car. :eek:

CWR
carcass

Post by CWR »

Somebody had increased the number of BMPs in the pix file (so that mirrored textures were made into 2 textures and text wouldn't be reversed) and removed the tiling from the roof and grill textures. Added the word DEATH across the grill and on both sides of the car:

Wonky pics on account of I couldn't get CG as a drivable car at that point, only as an opponent.

Mad props to T3 for getting this right once more, plus widening the rear window properly (always kinda bugged me) - version 3 should be done by the end of next week, week after at the latest (hafta test it, after all).

:banana:
CWR
carcass

Post by CWR »

Figured I should update this, version 3 of ChromeGod is currently being implemented by Toshiba 3 and I finally worked up some renders for the interior views:

My remodel of the exterior:

And considering addition of this door stripe (designed in MCLA):

Current version 2 add-on (again, thanks to T3):

Any thoughts, anyone?
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

It will be one hell of an overhaul over the v2!
I just hope I'll be able to render that darker red color properly with the palette.
CWR
carcass

Post by CWR »

Even if you can't get it as dark red as the model, I'll be happy with the highlight not being white - a bright red highlight would be preferable, so long as the red doesn't have that pink tone as when shading into the current white highlight.
CWR
carcass

Post by CWR »

I wonder if a window material can be added into ChromeGod's .PIX - I liked the green tinted version of DRSKY on earlier versions of ChromeGod and wish to insert it once more:

When CG is on a level with overcast skies, it's lack of a reflective material on the windows leads to disconcerting blank white windows:

CWR
carcass

Post by CWR »

Here's the final on the V3 interior - shown here on the V2, which uses Otis' bonnet; V3 will have it's own hood mesh:

I can't believe I promised this in a weeks time! To think that I've kept hordes of up to 3 or 4 people on pins and needles for all this time... :tongue:
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

CWR wrote:To think that I've kept hordes of up to 3 or 4 people on pins and needles for all this time... :tongue:
LOL, too funny. And yes, at least for me, it takes x3 longer (or more) to do a project than I expect it to take....
that's assuming it doesn't go in the ever growing unfinished heap. :wink:
CWR
carcass

Post by CWR »

To your credit, at least you've also had an ever growing 'finished' heap as well! :smile:

I've already made a new skin for V2:

Here's just the pix file, not the whole car:
Attachments
CHROMEY.zip
Dark ChromeGod
(16.03 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
Last edited by CWR on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

The Chrome God v2 archive has been updated with some bugfixes, new menu images and the great bonus skin shown above :sbsmile:

Check who’s online