Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Save games editor?

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
kithylin
pedestrian

Save games editor?

Post by kithylin »

I've completed Carma2 legitimately without cheating, and.. found with maximum offensive it's a little easy and boring 1-hitting everything all the time.

Does anyone know of any kind of save game editor I can use just to lower my offensive, or do I have to re-run the entire game from the beginning and just not buy offensive and try to complete it that way?
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Re: Save games editor?

Post by Razor »

This should do the trick but personally I'd recommend using these.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

SavEd doesn't work on all computers :-/ but that'd be your only chance if you want to keep your progression.
Or you could try to exploit that bug https://wiki.cwaboard.co.uk/wiki/APO#In_the_games
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
kithylin
pedestrian

Post by kithylin »

Thanks for the posts guys, lots of info. I'll be trying these here in a moment on my newly-setup AMD 754 gaming computer, with my old carma save I've been dragging around between computers. I'll write back later my success (or failures).

Edit: Writing back, Not sure about the saves, but this machine is running Windows XP SP-0 (no service packs, old, original version), for maximum compatability with older games (it's somewhat well known Sp2 and 3 killed functionality for rather old windows games).

Well anyway, loading SaveEd comes up with "An error has occured", window title, with the text "9 subscript out of range" and an OK button, so that's out... the bug is interesting, I might could try that, but I might re-play from the beginning anyway, Camra2 is an awesome fun game :D

Thanks for trying, anyway.
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Post by Harmalarm »

Did you try running save_ed in compatabillity mode? I vaguely remember it not running directly on my machine either. (can't check right now, otherwise I would have)
Shutting_Down
pedestrian

Post by Shutting_Down »

Hi dudes,
You should have a look at this thread
It has an updated APO editor back from my original 98's work :-)

Check who’s online