Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Joyous Pad

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Deathrow
aka kyle_tdr

Re: Joyous Pad

Post by Deathrow »

Jesus death you bleedin batty
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

POST A PIC!!

I have an extrmely important and incredibly hard to find download running. And i dont want a carma 2 crash forcing me to restart and end the dl. So i really dont wanna find out for myself. I set it on try high res myself in the glide wrapper, the carma 2 menu looks no differnt and the mouse is still restricted to one corner anyway.
C2 Scientist
jaywalker

Post by C2 Scientist »

Is that a new version of the Glidewrapper? Mine doesn't have any 'try hi-res'-option... so could you post a link to the one you've downloaded, or send/upload the setup-file? (I'd also like to test if it gets the window-size right, the wrapper I currently have shows only a window instead of fullscreen)
Savage-Elve
road raged psycho

Post by Savage-Elve »

Mmmh, I only see the background picture. Something with the z-buffer ?

Don't shoot me, i'm just the piano player.
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

I tried this, selected Carma2_hw, then uncheck the "render to" then set it too "client window" save and your set..
TANk
hit n run

Post by TANk »

I keep getting this fucking error, BRender error detected.

Failure: unable to allocate main front screen!?

What shall i do?
The_Devils_Avocado
motorised death

Post by The_Devils_Avocado »

check it'

(Link only, pic is too many kb's to warrant a direct link from LOD)

http://www.lod3d.net/files/largenormous.jpg

I tried to keep a decent enough quality to the jpg so you can see the res clearly, but reduce filesize as much as possible. There's your proof :grin:
TANk
hit n run

Post by TANk »

Check what with what?
The_Devils_Avocado
motorised death

check the pic is what it means, if i was replying to assist you i would have made it known. i was posting some proof.
Savage-Elve
road raged psycho

Post by Savage-Elve »

I got that message when I changed the background pics for the menu. I also remember it when I wanted to start it in 3dfx mode. (Without glidewrapper) Start Carma2.exe with the /setup switch.

I still can't get that glidewrapper right. I can see how great it looks, it runs even faster and if I could get it to work I will agree that this little program is the util of the yr.

It just puts textures in front of other while they should be behind it; Seeing the road behind the building trough it.

My specs: DirectX 8.1 Inno3d GeForce 2 MX, driver 56.72, win xp pro and win 98 se

Don't shoot me, i'm just the piano player.
valium
BraMan

Post by valium »

The resolution gets quadrupled from 640x480 to 1280x960 when I select "try high res". I even switched it back and forth a few times for comparison just to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

MAN :mad:.....

the discovery of a lifetime of playng carma and i'm missing out on the sweet, sweet candy :tongue:.

my stinkin' laptop thingy is packed with a VIA s3 card that's mainly just taking up space :sad:.

features;

no anti-aliasing :thumbsdown:

limited memory (32 MB shared ) :thumbsdown:

The_Devils_Avocado
motorised death

more people need to know about this amazing disccovery, people arent looking in this topic enough. i shall maketh a new one.
TANk
hit n run

Post by TANk »

Does this software work with voodoo 5 cards?
The_Devils_Avocado
motorised death

i assume not, because its a glide wrapper for non glide cards. voodoo = glide as far as i know.
toroid
hit n run

Post by toroid »

I'm using glidewrapper version .78b, from http://home.t-online.de/home/zsack/glid ... index.html.

Here is the readme. Lots of key information in there. Really, read this if you haven't yet. You could ruin your monitor if you're not careful.

Here is how I have mine set up:

Global settings (not Application specific overrides)

texture memory - 16 MB

mipmapping - generate mipmaps

vertical sync - normal

resolution - try high res

refresh rate - by app

render to - own window

float shaders - on (because I have a Radeon 9800, read the readme)

allow SSE - checked

R300 line smooth workaround - not checked

My desktop resolution is set to 1280 x 1024.

I'm using windows 2000, and a Radeon 9800.

I have run into one or two big graphics glitches so far (maybe they're connected). There is white "fog" that seems to change density at random, but it is too far away to really affect gameplay, it's more of an annoyance. Also, some tracks seem like they are way too dark, almost like I'm driving at night. I hope it's my graphics driver, I'll change it to a different version to see if it helps.

edit: If I turn float shaders off then the problems seem to get better. The game seems to run faster now too. :rockon:

Check who’s online