Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Building the perfect beast

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Hellspawn73
speed freak

Re: Building the perfect beast

Post by Hellspawn73 »

MONEY! That's why U da man!!

pphhhtt...even if it is a MOPAR
AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

Beroc-Lord of Destruction:

heh... a little too clean IMO.... perfect car... just a little too clean....
what do you mean?
CADster
turbo bastard

Post by CADster »

The_Devils_Avarcardo:

Funnily enough i got that impression from the way i posted that msg, but it wasnt meant in big-headedness,it was just because no one was replying
its rude to plug your stuff in anothers thread ....

---------------------------------------------

nice car AdR, but what grill is that from ? (my dad had a yellow 440 duster eons ago and the grill did not look like that)

it looked like this -

[img]http://media9.motorcities.com/02JED261863628B.jpeg">

is your grill from a demon ????

and as a final nit picking question .. what was the street rod version of the car rendered in ???? MAX ???

[ October 22, 2002: Message edited by: CADster ]
CADster
turbo bastard

Post by CADster »

Secret Chimp:

Somebody's gotta find a good throbbing V-8 idle sound for this car and all of the other Mopar cars for C2; the stock engine sound doesn't cut it. Personally, I haven't had much success, but if anybody knows anyone with a good sounding V8 car, try and get a recording of it =)
i can get a few different sounds .. but none are from a mopar

a Hi-HP chevy small block ? or a beefy winsor small block, take you pick
CADster
turbo bastard

Post by CADster »

Buzz:

heh i like econos
its not a smear, its bondo ..... its a project car
AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

CADster, that's actually a '71 Duster 340 "sharktooth" grille, since i'm building a custom machine here, I shouldn't stick to the original

That render is made on Poser 4... good for quick good renders if you ask me

btw, that Dodge RAM is looking nice so far... make it for C2 :P also, I've been trying to get some of your Re-Volt cars, I only got a few, you have a page or some site for those?
CADster
turbo bastard

Post by CADster »

ok, thansk for clearing that up

when RVCC was up you could get all of them, but its gone

try www.rvarchive.com and look under orginal cars (look for RVCC, and CADster). racerspoint is also down, but they had them as well.

thanks for the words on the Dodge4x4. i figured you being 'the' morpar man and all it would not up to moPAR ...(heh, ok that was stupid)

[ October 22, 2002: Message edited by: CADster ]
The_Devils_Avocado
motorised death

Post by The_Devils_Avocado »

CADster:

its rude to plug your stuff in anothers thread ....
I know and im sorry CADster. My apologies go out to you too ADR...

Boose
turbo bastard

Post by Boose »

And how much polys it is right now, Adr?
ImageImage
Beer galore!
CADster
turbo bastard

Post by CADster »

Boose:

And how much polys it is right now, Adr?
dont answer him .. he is just baiting you for a good thrashing
AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

Finished the rear end, with Comp. Engineering shocks & coils and ladder bars, modified chassis and added velocity stacks. Still missing the interior, with a 10 point roll cage, bucket seats and a custom dash.

Polycount? about 5200 atm.
CADster
turbo bastard

Post by CADster »

looking good, but the grill is different.... are you modding one to look like a 70 ?

(if you are i would really want the model so i could recreate my dads old hot rod)

and another question ... why do you 'make' the little trim pieces via polygons ? cant you do it with a texture map ?

(im not agreeing or disagreeing... im only wondering)
Powdered Toast MAAAN!!
12 Cyl Symphony

Post by Powdered Toast MAAAN!! »

I believe HOLY FUCK!! covers it!!

5200 without Interior! d00d... that's wack!
Qwerty_86
kill boss

Post by Qwerty_86 »

Wow, are you gonna make a stock version as well?
AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

CADster:

looking good, but the grill is different.... are you modding one to look like a 70 ?

(if you are i would really want the model so i could recreate my dads old hot rod)

and another question ... why do you 'make' the little trim pieces via polygons ? cant you do it with a texture map ?

(im not agreeing or disagreeing... im only wondering)
Yeah, it'll definitely be a '70, I'll save the other grille to make a stock '71 340 like the green one on the ad I'll send you the model once it's done, no prob.

the trim pieces? well, i'm just used to :P doesn't take too much polys anyway.

and PTM, don't worry, 5200 is ok so far, my goal is to keep it below 6500, just like I did with the chevelle. The interior will have the dash, two bucket seats and the 10 point roll cage, the rest are body jams and panels, so it's no problem, all the "heavy" stuff is modelled... I might even release a low poly version after it (less chassis/engine detail).
Danz
turbo bastard

Post by Danz »

71' Duster 340 6-pack dark purple and light grey!!!

Just a suggestion
Beroc-Lord of Destruction
road raged psycho

Post by Beroc-Lord of Destruction »

<h1>Grease.... Grease.....</h1>

it needs grease.... not the movie... not John and Olivia... but Black... nasty.... been worked to death.... GREASE!!!!!

I know... I know... it is a "Master Piece", but we are talkin Carmageddon here....

Aside from that The fender wells need to be a bit darker and more defined... they just need something...

OK... enough critisizing...
Freddy
hit n run

Post by Freddy »

Yes very nice, but yet another muscle car!?.....zzzzzzzzzz
Boose
turbo bastard

Post by Boose »

heh, that's right CAD. But i care no more.
ImageImage
Beer galore!
AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

LOL!! you dirty bastard.... I realize the textures need some more work, it was a 5 min. work in photoshop after all :P

Since i'm decided to give it a try at a low poly version this time, it might look better in TDR than in C2, for wich i'll need a hand there Beroc since the low poly, good textures (512x512) looks great most of the time at least. I always made the cars for "myself", this time i'll give it a try to make it "for everyone" to see how it turns out...
Powdered Toast MAAAN!!
12 Cyl Symphony

Post by Powdered Toast MAAAN!! »

Yeah, but the car looks frickin' awesome!
Beroc-Lord of Destruction
road raged psycho

Post by Beroc-Lord of Destruction »

you did the whole car on a single 512x512 map? I am impressed... givin you have done multisubing for the longest....

When you are done, hand 'er over and I will set it up for TDR....
AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

Don't get me wrong Beroc, I meant that the low poly version of it will be for TDR, and yes, i'll fit everything into a 512x512 texture, no prob... should be around 3k then?
AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

well, since the TDR version will be the low poly one, I decided to make this one "my way", just using a wise poly distribution and a limit around 7k. Haven't got much time to work on it lately but I got around this morning to make the rollcage with some interior panels, here's the result:

Freddy
hit n run

Post by Freddy »

So the whole car is one 512x512 map? oh dear... you do know that anyone with a D3D PC ie most people, it will be reduced to 128x128 and look shit? For carma2, forget TDR its crap you really should use lots of 128x128 or smaller textures to avoid this problem.... Sorry ADR but doing things 'your way' alienates alot of people, but I guess you don't care so I'll shut up
AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

freddy you got things wrong... read carefully before posting something like that. I never said i'll use a 512x512 map for the C2 version, are you nuts? that's for TDR, i'm using 128x128 and some smaller ones for C2.
Freddy
hit n run

Post by Freddy »

That ok then
M®. £üñ¢hßØx
WetDogx2

Post by M®. £üñ¢hßØx »

Here's a question:

What is more efficient, anyway? Like, for gameplay, editability, etc? One 512x512 (or bigger proportionally) or a bunch of little 128x128 (or smaller)? Editability, I'd say the 512x512 is better just 'cuz it's sooooooo much easier to throw on some great graphics and not having to worry about it lining up right. I know this, I make skins. But I don't make cars. So what's more efficient in any other way?
HAHA OMG I NEVR KNO WUT 2 PUT IN THIS THINGS!!11 LOLZ!111 OMG FUXXORZ IM BAD AT HTIS
Takeshi666
turbo bastard

Post by Takeshi666 »

Well, for TDR, you can leave stuff like engine and the cockpit on their separate skinmaps, as I think the only part of the skin that someone would want to change is the chassis and maybe the seating...
CADster
turbo bastard

Post by CADster »

WetDogx2:

Here's a question:

What is more efficient, anyway? Like, for gameplay, editability, etc? One 512x512 (or bigger proportionally) or a bunch of little 128x128 (or smaller)? Editability, I'd say the 512x512 is better just 'cuz it's sooooooo much easier to throw on some great graphics and not having to worry about it lining up right. I know this, I make skins. But I don't make cars. So what's more efficient in any other way?
texture size, of course the bigger it is the better. but lots of different sized textures fracture video card memory. if your going to have several skins, they need to be all the same size (it will run better in a video card).

having the car on one skin is easier for modders as well.

and the voodoo(doo) crowd needs to upgrade.. youve had that card.. what, 3 years now ???
Qwerty_86
kill boss

Post by Qwerty_86 »

What happened to 256 X 256 size textures? I know that almost all cards can handle 256 X 256 and it's a decent size. Looks better than 128 X 128, but worse than 512 X 512.
AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

CADster:

and the voodoo(doo) crowd needs to upgrade.. youve had that card.. what, 3 years now ???
Well, be a nice guy and buy me a new computer then somehow my AGP bus is fucked up, as well as the printer port... don't ask me, ask the chinese suckers that made this mainboard. I had a GeForce2 MX440 32mb AGP before this voodoo3 PCI, guess what? it was slower than my voodoo2! even it took a while to load the main setup screen, so it was useless... now I have a Nvidia TNT2 32mb AGP too, it works with the latest drivers, but guess what? 640x480 (no way to change the res???) and no 3D... that's right, no 3D, nothing, nada, useless.

Qwerty_86: The deal with using 256x256 textures is that it really slows down the game, try changing my latest cars' texture size to 128x128, you'll notice a huge improvement (I did), and if you're running in D3D, a better visual quality.
Qwerty_86
kill boss

Post by Qwerty_86 »

I don't notice a lot of slow downs. I've got a 1 ghz P4 w/ a 32MB Geforce 2 MX. Outdated compared to newer computers.
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

Wagh! it's got a power station instead of an engine.
random_monkey
AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

got it at 6800 polygons finally, with 5 128x128 maps and a few more below 64x64. Still needs the smashables and a few adjustements but is nearly done. I'll also include 256x256 maps for the 3dfx cards Image

Check who’s online