Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Help! Jumping opponent

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
nepacaka
pedestrian

Help! Jumping opponent

Post by nepacaka »

Hi I'm novice, I do mod for carmageddon 2, are interested in this question, how do would be when you press the "open door" car bobbed up and down as if the bonus spring. And how do opponent would also bounced after a certain period of time (as if they have a bonus spring). help!
Sorry for my english.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Help! Jumping opponent

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Your message is barely understandable!
If I got it right, you want the cars to jump instead of opening doors when ENTER is pressed. Same with opponents, they'd jump every now and then.

Well I think it is not possible at all for the opponents. They can be under the influence of the player's powerups but not use powerups on their own randomly.
For the player's car, I already thought about that kind of thing using the open doors function but never found any correct trick.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Citywalker
pedestrian

Help! Jumping opponent

Post by Citywalker »

There was some big frontloader thingy someone made, and its door action was to lower the front scoop with some force. The whole vehicle shaked from that. Maybe with more force it could be tweaked to jump / flip? I know I have been using the regular Carma2 cars' bonnet opening as a way to flip myself back onto wheels when I didn't want to ruin the sense of realism with the reposition button...

-----
CW
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Help! Jumping opponent

Post by TTR »

LOL yeah it's realism to get back on your wheels with a hood that bounces you back, no that looks real... LOL
Citywalker
pedestrian

Help! Jumping opponent

Post by Citywalker »

It's way more realistic than a reposition button :P Actually, _most_ of Carmageddon is a wacky type of realism. Wacky, but not "magic" (some powerups and on-the-go repairs excluded).

-----
CW
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Help! Jumping opponent

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Reminds me of this all of sudden:
[nmg]https://crashocalypse.cwaboard.co.uk/archive/shiznit.jpg[/nmg]
full pic here

Very very old pic. They used two different powerups to make the car jump like that.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
nepacaka
pedestrian

Help! Jumping opponent

Post by nepacaka »

Thanks toshiba3 and Citywalker for the advice, I have agonized with the creation of bonuses (which operate on their opponents as "frozen opponent"), wanted to remake them in the bonus jumps, but there is not enough "integer parameters", so they do not work on opponents (
P.S. picture in last post is LOL, but some are not what you need =)

Check who’s online