Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

[WIP - Halogaland] Peroxodisulfa Acid

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Re: [WIP - Halogaland] Peroxodisulfa Acid

Post by Toshiba-3 »

How many models have you made so far since you started making 3D stuff, 40ish or so?
No offence but it's about time you learn some tricks to optimize your models.

The concept does look cool, but your model execution is pretty bad.
You must learn to work with triangles rather than loops of quads everywhere.
You should also use more floating geo.

I see you just posted textured views. Don't bother modelling all the extrusions if you're going to hide them behind stretched textures.
I bet you could divide your polycount by 4 and still have the same look overal.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Halogaland
turbo bastard

Post by Halogaland »

Here I really can't see what's wrong with the truck :help:
Halogaland
turbo bastard

Post by Halogaland »

as you can see, i stopped all my projects. I don't really feel like if i had my place here (as i arrived in a community which was already well and strongly built), so if anyone of you want to finish the truck, or astrana or la siegel, just tell me it ;)

hal.
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Post by Harmalarm »

You certainly owned your place here man. :eek: you are one of the few people still actively creating items for Carmageddon!

Too bad you are stopping all your projects. I really enjoyed seeing you improve on them, model and texture wise. Just make sure you keep hanging around. When reincarnation will be released there will probably begin a new era of modding and the community will no doubt change.

I presume you will remain active in the Revolt community?
Halogaland
turbo bastard

Post by Halogaland »

A bit in revolt community, but mainly for trackmania community ;)
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

As Harm said, you definitely had your place in the Carma community, probably more on Carma.com (which is brand new) than the CWA if I follow your ideas. But just look at this topic, it's filled with feedbacks and comments, even though you rarely contributed to others' threads and projects.

In my eyes you barely improved for the last year, you kept on chunking models one after the other so your work got boring IMO, but other people kept on enjoying it and following you, so I don't really see what more you were expecting.

Finally if you were making models for the community and not for yourself in the first place... well that sure wasn't very motivating.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

I have to second what Tosh says..

Being part of the community is joining in and commenting on other people's work too. Not just waiting for others to comment on your stuff. Also, I have plenty of posts over at Carma.com that have 0 replies. Just because no one comments doesn't mean people aren't downloading.

You should be making this stuff for yourself, and if someone else enjoys it, then great.

There's nothing wrong with taking a break either, I know I go through ups and downs feeling motivated.

Check who’s online